CJ's ultimate banking

icucybe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am wondering the same thing!

Also how it compares to Bank Pool Secrets of a World Champion by John Brumback.

cool_hand_ljb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ordered

I have not seen that one but I will tell you what I think of it once I get it. I ordered it today so it should be soon I hope. :thumbup:

obrien714

Pool Video Addict
Silver Member
Deadly

This sysyem is amazing. Brumacks video is good this is a. Deadly. System baded on the toi aiming video. I cant wait to get to the table.

cool_hand_ljb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just got mine

I woke up (I work graveyard) did my chores hung out with the family, and on the way to work I checked my mailbox and there it was. Now in stead of sleeping tomorrow morning I will be watching this video and then trying to sleep. ..thanks CJ....LOL:grin-square:

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
I picked up my copy in Tunica.....fresh off the presses. Lol.

CJ gave me a sneak peek at a couple of shots in there that I would have thought were impossible. Not only were they indeed possible, they really weren't that difficult to replicate, once you understand what to do.

Of course we all know that banks are speed dependent, but a system and method (because I love the way Brumback banks as well) that gets me as close to the pocket as possible......well, I'll tune the speed in from there.

I'll post a review by Thursday or Friday.

cool_hand_ljb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
whatced it once so far.

Watched it, went down stairs and tried it out. I like it but as with all things it will take some getting used to. I think that the system is a feel system, and since it is that will make it easier and faster to go from table to table and in different humiditys. I can see a lot of strength in this way of banking and it has a built in kicking system in it. Of course I am no expert with it yet but I do believe I will become more consistent with my banks. It also helped me with psr, CJ gave me some good ideas on consistent alignment that will work well with TOI. He has probably mentioned it before but seeing him explain and do it is a better way for me to learn. I would recommend this if you want a good system for banks.:thumbup:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sometimes the object ball takes up too much of our attention,

Watched it, went down stairs and tried it out. I like it but as with all things it will take some getting used to. I think that the system is a feel system, and since it is that will make it easier and faster to go from table to table and in different humiditys. I can see a lot of strength in this way of banking and it has a built in kicking system in it. Of course I am no expert with it yet but I do believe I will become more consistent with my banks. It also helped me with psr, CJ gave me some good ideas on consistent alignment that will work well with TOI. He has probably mentioned it before but seeing him explain and do it is a better way for me to learn. I would recommend this if you want a good system for banks.:thumbup:

I know drills are a chore to do, but I'd highly recommend doing the Banking Drill I described in the VIdeo. After you do the way I describe, then just scatter all 15 balls out on the table and do it again.....hitting the cue ball WITHOUT an object ball is the best way to build touch in banking, kicking and any type of spin shot.

Sometimes the object ball takes up too much of our attention, so do that drill for 20 minutes a day for the next three days BEFORE you practice and see what happens....and I'd suggest watching the DVD a couple more times, there's a LOT of subtle info included in the 43 chapters.

Play Well :D

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
you can expect immediate, positive results in your pool game

This sysyem is amazing. Brumacks video is good this is a. Deadly. System baded on the toi aiming video. I cant wait to get to the table.

This TIPS Banking System has not been released to the general public until now. I've seen many great bankers use their TIP for aiming, but they never could explain how they did it. I spent more hours learning how to teach this system than it took me to learn it myself. My one pocket game went up several balls, and I beat Amarillo Slim out of $30K utilizing this TIP System in Baton Rouge La.

When this system is practiced by doing the drills included and calibrating the "TIP to Diamond" ratio you can expect immediate, positive results in your pool game, especially when your game is one pocket. When I first started learning the TOI Banking after playing Vernon Elliot my game improved over night, and the Pivot System makes it even stronger. "Knowledge is the Key" - 'The Game is the Teacher'

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
I've had DVD player issues, so I've only been able to literally watch bits and pieces of this video. So, apologies that I haven't put a true review up yet. But, I do have an anecdote I can share........

With just a FEW things gleaned......literally maybe 2-3 chapters, plus what CJ showed me in Tunica.......my banking last night was absolutely LETHAL.

At one point, we were playing a little thing I like to call "The Gauntlet". Basically there are 3 tables at this private pool room. We all draw peas to see who matches up at which table. The 3rd table is the "King of the Hill". Basically, you have to win at the table you're on. Then you get to move to the next table, where you face the loser of the previous match, who has to stay where he's at. Once you navigate to table 3, you attempt to win and hold it as long as you can. Once you lose at table 3, then you start all over again at table 1.

Anyway, I was smacking so many banks in last night, and at such a high percentage, that after I ran 8 balls and dogged the 9........(yeah, yeah, I know)........I heard the guy at the next table ask his incoming opponent, "How the hell did you get past the Bank Master over there?". Even tho I had just lost, it put a lil smile on my face.

TIPS is a nice mixture of system, method and feel. The longer you play on a given table(s), the deadlier you become that night.

After most of the players left, there was only 1 other person remaining with me. We played some 9-ball for quite a while and after I smacked in a few really, nice banks, he decided he wanted to play some Bank pool. I was all for it. :)

He's pretty well known in that room as the kind of guy that......well, let's just say my nickname for him is "Captain Hook" and I always tease him about bringing the "Medicine Show" (that's a 70's music reference for you kids out there). Anyway, he just has this uncanny knack for leaving you hooked in the WORST possible ways.....and 90+% of the time, it's by complete accident. Everyone at this pool room marvels at his penchant for this. We get a good laugh out of it, at other player's expense, except when it happens to us.

Well, we played a game of Banks. I would make a bank and then scratch. Make a bank and then scratch. This happened 3 times. It was one of those messy racks with clusters and I wasn't really in the mood for defensive play, since it was just for fun. I was concentrating on the system and trying to pocket balls. He ended up winning that first rack, because I scratched so much.

Racks 2 and 3, well, I just ran over him. There was one particular shot that I actually missed, but only because the CB came around the table and clipped the OB juuuuust before it fell in the pocket. Probably one of the best banks I've ever (almost) made.

Basically, my CB was close to the long rail and almost a full diamond on one side of a side pocket. The OB was diagonal to it........3 diamonds away and just off the long rail........on the opposite side of the other side pocket. I basically had to bank the OB 2 full diamonds BACKWARDS to the pocket closest to me.......using a CB-to-OB distance that was almost 3 full diamonds away. Man, I wish I could diagram it. I honestly think I hit it as perfect as a person could hit it, but the damn CB clipped it as it was going to drop. I turned around and looked at my buddy and his jaw was on the floor. He said, "I have no idea how the hell you banked the ball backwards so damn far and that's some REALLY bad luck to have it get knocked away like that. It was going to absolutely split the pocket! No doubt!"

TIPS has also allowed me to actually,see some angles that I've just never been able to "feel" in the past. It's difficult to explain. But, in the final rack, my opponent scratched. I needed 1 ball. I took a look at what I had. Sat the ball in the kitchen, at what would be a natural angle, for an easy bank. Never doubted it for a second. Smacked it in and split the pocket. Now, you think, "Well, you set up an easy bank. Shouldn't have been a problem." True. The think is, I've not been able to really see that perfect angle so well before. And going by the TIPS system and method, I lined it up in the exact spot, with zero hesitation and just fired it in. I KNEW it would work. Now, of course, if I had hit it like I was holding a purse (no offense ladies) or I had jackhammered it, speed would have made me miss the shot. CJ, nor anyone, will tell you that any bank can be made with any speed. Speed is key. But, hey, that's what table time and warming up is for. TIPS does have a bit of feel. And there's nothing wrong with that.

By that time it was after 3 a.m., so we called it good. But, he said, "I can tell you're doing something. I just can't figure out what it is."

Well, I really like the guy. He doesn't have a table at home. He's not the kinda guy that really buys videos or books, so I decided to share just the very basic principle of a 1 diamond and 2 diamond bank shot. Once he got himself lined up right and got the feel down, he began to pocket them at a pretty respectable rate, and in only a few minutes worth of instruction. Heck, I learned a little bit, just by helping him with it.

As we were unscrewing our cues for the night, he thanked me for showing him that and said there was definitely some strong stuff there.

I gotta get a new BluRay player. After last night, I'm doubly excited about TIPS.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just started getting some feedback today,

I've had DVD player issues, so I've only been able to literally watch bits and pieces of this video. So, apologies that I haven't put a true review up yet. But, I do have an anecdote I can share........

With just a FEW things gleaned......literally maybe 2-3 chapters, plus what CJ showed me in Tunica.......my banking last night was absolutely LETHAL.

At one point, we were playing a little thing I like to call "The Gauntlet". Basically there are 3 tables at this private pool room. We all draw peas to see who matches up at which table. The 3rd table is the "King of the Hill". Basically, you have to win at the table you're on. Then you get to move to the next table, where you face the loser of the previous match, who has to stay where he's at. Once you navigate to table 3, you attempt to win and hold it as long as you can. Once you lose at table 3, then you start all over again at table 1.

Anyway, I was smacking so many banks in last night, and at such a high percentage, that after I ran 8 balls and dogged the 9........(yeah, yeah, I know)........I heard the guy at the next table ask his incoming opponent, "How the hell did you get past the Bank Master over there?". Even tho I had just lost, it put a lil smile on my face.

TIPS is a nice mixture of system, method and feel. The longer you play on a given table(s), the deadlier you become that night.

After most of the players left, there was only 1 other person remaining with me. We played some 9-ball for quite a while and after I smacked in a few really, nice banks, he decided he wanted to play some Bank pool. I was all for it. :)

He's pretty well known in that room as the kind of guy that......well, let's just say my nickname for him is "Captain Hook" and I always tease him about bringing the "Medicine Show" (that's a 70's music reference for you kids out there). Anyway, he just has this uncanny knack for leaving you hooked in the WORST possible ways.....and 90+% of the time, it's by complete accident. Everyone at this pool room marvels at his penchant for this. We get a good laugh out of it, at other player's expense, except when it happens to us.

Well, we played a game of Banks. I would make a bank and then scratch. Make a bank and then scratch. This happened 3 times. It was one of those messy racks with clusters and I wasn't really in the mood for defensive play, since it was just for fun. I was concentrating on the system and trying to pocket balls. He ended up winning that first rack, because I scratched so much.

Racks 2 and 3, well, I just ran over him. There was one particular shot that I actually missed, but only because the CB came around the table and clipped the OB juuuuust before it fell in the pocket. Probably one of the best banks I've ever (almost) made.

Basically, my CB was close to the long rail and almost a full diamond on one side of a side pocket. The OB was diagonal to it........3 diamonds away and just off the long rail........on the opposite side of the other side pocket. I basically had to bank the OB 2 full diamonds BACKWARDS to the pocket closest to me.......using a CB-to-OB distance that was almost 3 full diamonds away. Man, I wish I could diagram it. I honestly think I hit it as perfect as a person could hit it, but the damn CB clipped it as it was going to drop. I turned around and looked at my buddy and his jaw was on the floor. He said, "I have no idea how the hell you banked the ball backwards so damn far and that's some REALLY bad luck to have it get knocked away like that. It was going to absolutely split the pocket! No doubt!"

TIPS has also allowed me to actually,see some angles that I've just never been able to "feel" in the past. It's difficult to explain. But, in the final rack, my opponent scratched. I needed 1 ball. I took a look at what I had. Sat the ball in the kitchen, at what would be a natural angle, for an easy bank. Never doubted it for a second. Smacked it in and split the pocket. Now, you think, "Well, you set up an easy bank. Shouldn't have been a problem." True. The think is, I've not been able to really see that perfect angle so well before. And going by the TIPS system and method, I lined it up in the exact spot, with zero hesitation and just fired it in. I KNEW it would work. Now, of course, if I had hit it like I was holding a purse (no offense ladies) or I had jackhammered it, speed would have made me miss the shot. CJ, nor anyone, will tell you that any bank can be made with any speed. Speed is key. But, hey, that's what table time and warming up is for. TIPS does have a bit of feel. And there's nothing wrong with that.

By that time it was after 3 a.m., so we called it good. But, he said, "I can tell you're doing something. I just can't figure out what it is."

Well, I really like the guy. He doesn't have a table at home. He's not the kinda guy that really buys videos or books, so I decided to share just the very basic principle of a 1 diamond and 2 diamond bank shot. Once he got himself lined up right and got the feel down, he began to pocket them at a pretty respectable rate, and in only a few minutes worth of instruction. Heck, I learned a little bit, just by helping him with it.

As we were unscrewing our cues for the night, he thanked me for showing him that and said there was definitely some strong stuff there.

I gotta get a new BluRay player. After last night, I'm doubly excited about TIPS.

Have you used your new BluRay Player yet? I'm curious how you're doing with the TIP Banking System. I just started getting some feedback today,

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Have you used your new BluRay Player yet? I'm curious how you're doing with the TIP Banking System. I just started getting some feedback today,

Yes, the Blu-Ray is up and running! I've worked on all the chapters up to 2-Diamond banks. Spent probably 2 hours with it the other night. Watched a chapter. Re-watched it. Worked on the shot, over and over. Made adjustments.

At one point I started to get ahead of myself, and go to the next chapter, without fully be comfortable with the previous one, and quickly realized it was a mistake. Ya gotta crawl before you can walk.

In this case.....ya gotta kick, before you can bank. :wink:

CJ knows what I mean, as he gives you a simple drill to get yourself acclimated to proper tip connection to the CB.

Things I've learned from this so far:

1. Well, tip placement and contacting the CB where intended is PARAMOUNT. I can't emphasize that enough. Now, I'm not saying this to deter anyone at all. But, if you have a 1-diamond bank, you can't just go in there willy-nilly and give it a 1/2 tip or 1 1/2 and expect to pocket the ball consistently.....unless you compensate in other ways, such as using draw or follow. How the table is playing that session comes into play, of course, but that's what warming up is for.

2. Footwork is KEY. CJ talks about it a bit, but I can't emphasize this point enough either. I had a problem getting down on the shots in the beginning and just being a bit "off". Like it didn't feel "right". Then I reviewed a chapter and the footwork thing sunk in. Now when I step into the shot and go down, I shuffle my feet just a bit to get the proper alignment. It honestly makes a big difference.

3. This system makes 1/2 diamond banks stupid easy. And they SHOULD be easy. But, how many times have you seen a player dog a nice, easy 1/2 diamond bank? They're gimme's, right? But, it happens.

Once I got the body alignment, tip placement and footwork down.....it was just lethal. I probably shot 45 balls at the 1/2 diamond mark, at one point, and made about 40 of them. I never could quite run the entire rack of 15 in a row, but I got close.

Also, I was NOT using the paper reinforcer donuts either, where every shot was EXACTLY the same. I would just make sure that I had a 1/2 diamond bank, but sometimes the CB-to-OB distance would vary some. The balls' distance from the rail would be different. I wanted to see if I could get the "feel" of it down and make the adjustment. After a very short while, I could.

It made those shots so easy, in fact, that after I got on a roll, I started varying my tip-to-CB angle to......for example to "shorten a bank", but then I hit it with a bit of draw to lengthen it back out for position play purposes. Worked like a CHARM. So, I was actually making the bank and moving the CB around to an area where I needed it to be. Doing that began to get more difficult later, as........

4. .....well, the shots get progressively harder. A 1-diamond isn't bad. When it went to 1 1/2 diamonds, I noticed my consistency went down. At the 2-diamond mark, well, it got tough. That's known as "the transition point" and it's going to simply be a matter of table time to get that to work for me.

5. Banking is fun! But, then again, I've always loved banks.

6. I want a "Makin' Bacon" hat. And a house cue with no tip or ferrule......just to see if I can make it work. You'll have to buy the video to know what I mean. :grin-square:

The video quality and presentation is great, as always, with CJ and Mary. I'm convinced Mary is the brains of the operation, but I'll never tell CJ that to his face. Have you seen the guy? He's pretty buff now. :thumbup:

I'll check back in when I've watched/learned more. I'm sure I've forgotten something, but that's how far I've gotten. There are LOTS of chapters. Some are pretty short. Some are longer.

You definitely, definitely get your money's worth, however.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Many players go their whole life and don't "real eyes" how the game really connects

I'm glad you caught on to some of the subtle "nuggets" in the video. This DVD is the most extensive one so far, however, it's more about creating angles than just banking. You will see the system come up time after time playing safe, kicking and fine tuning your TOI and english variance in regular ball pocketing.

Many players go their whole life and don't "real eyes" how the game really connects through the diamonds......you can also use the One Tip/One Diamond, Two Tips/Two Diamonds system in position play too.....experiment and you'll see what I mean. Let me know if I can answer any questions or you have any further comments.....play well, the game is your teacher.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Has anyone seen it yet and if so can you offer a review please. Thanks.

Thanks PeteyPooldude, Spimp13, pracl, Houstoer, Houmatroy, billiardshot, pwd72s, Schwinn, Pt109, Greenfelt guy, adrianbrah, (((Satori))), richiebalto, scratchs, Stones, AlexandruM, 3RAILKICK, ,Mikjary, SJDinPHX, Lou, Neil, pj, Sloppy Pockets, seven_7days, and all of you for the Birthday wishes!!!
9717647.jpg

It's really cool to have your friendship an AZBILLIARDS and I wish all of you the very best today, and all days that end in "y". No matter whether we agree or disagree on pool topics it's fun to discuss the different techniques and systems available and We All Want to Improve!!!

As a special gift to all of you that really like pool I'd like to give a 24 hour FREE ACCESS pass to my NEWEST VIDEO - TIPS BANKING SECRETS - Just go to www.cjwiley.com and click the Pay Per View section at the top.

Then click any of the Banking Secrets Previews and when it asks you for a CODE, put in this one - T2FD3RN1K and it will give you 24 hours (now til Sunday at 12am) to watch the video as many times as you like -

FEEL FREE TO SHARE THIS GIFT WITH ALL YOUR FRIENDS IN THE POOL WORLD AND ON AZBILLIARD - Thanks Again for an AWESOME YEAR!!!

'The Game is Our Teacher' - ALOHA and Continued Success Playing, Learning and Enjoying the 'Master Game' of Pocket Billiards

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
it cost me $700 to learn, so it has been one of the best investments of my life.

I'm glad you like the system, it's helped me win several hundred thousand playing one pocket and 9 Ball through the years. Just 3 weeks after learning part of the system I beat Amarillo Slim out of over $30,000 in Baton Rouge LA.......it cost me $700 to learn, so it has been one of the best investments of my life.

Play well and let me know if you have any questions, I've been teaching the TIP System quite a bit lately. PM me, I seldom go on this area of AZBILLIARDS.