I dont like my G core

Billiam267

Registered
I bought my mcdermott a few years ago and I really love the butt end of it, would probably never sell it as its my first "quality" cue. The shaft on the other hand.... its got this whippy feeling that really bugs me and I get little feedback from it I feel. I have put a kamui clear medium tip on it to try to experiment but I cant get over the whippy-ness of it.. I recently purchased one of their lucky brand cues as a bar room beater and I play better with that then the cue that was 10 times as much! what should I do? I was thinking about contacting them and getting a maple shaft made to match the joint, its got a silver ring on it.. thanks for your input

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought my mcdermott a few years ago and I really love the butt end of it, would probably never sell it as its my first "quality" cue. The shaft on the other hand.... its got this whippy feeling that really bugs me and I get little feedback from it I feel. I have put a kamui clear medium tip on it to try to experiment but I cant get over the whippy-ness of it.. I recently purchased one of their lucky brand cues as a bar room beater and I play better with that then the cue that was 10 times as much! what should I do? I was thinking about contacting them and getting a maple shaft made to match the joint, its got a silver ring on it.. thanks for your input
Whippy??? What's the diameter?

Bill198337

Registered
Mine is at 12.5. I love the shaft. Plays great, and if u want to sell it I'll make u a real offer

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Superiorduper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny, I had the exact same experience as a Mcdermott with a g core shaft being my first quality cue. I found them to be kind of whippy as well.

I purchased an OB1+ shaft for it and it greatly improved the cue and my playing.

Since then I’ve purchased a few OB cues and a few other customs and the McDermott sits in the rack with it’s g core shaft on it, but every time I pick it up to shoot with it now I really like the energy the gcore transfers to the cue ball. It has a sort of springy bounce to it that is pretty sweet imo. I also have a friend who shoots very well and every time he comes over he uses it and offers to buy it.