A CTE Video follow up from Stan

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Buy the book.

I think it supports your effort on making cte this great system....other words your talk is just that.

You talk about exactness. .let's see it.

We already no who played well before the ststem.
Seeing the improvement from guys such as yourself
Is what's really needed for a big growth of cte.

Good players never abandon what they've learned.
Maybe add but will always rely on what got them there.

It shouldn't matter your speed to help in your cause.
That being said ..you're claiming exactness vs your speed is what's keeping you from posting anything.

All you cte guys it's been long enough that you should be just drilling them balls in. Start posting the awesome runs..beating the ghost. Inquiring minds wanna see.

In today's world it's just to easy to post a viseo..why not do it?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From this fixed cue ball perspective, looking straight through CCB, you must decide to thin or thicken the shot. This means the solution isn't the fixed CB line. According to Stan (and every CTE user except for you), the solution is either slighty left or right of that initial fixed CB line, which means it's close.

Poolology is not comparable to CTE -- apple to oranges, as Stan would say. However, knowing which fractional relationship is needed to pocket the ball can be a great tool for gaging that initial fixed CCB line in CTE, or for double-checking the final CCB solution before pulling the trigger. Using different systems together, like tools from a toolbox, is a good use of knowledge.

Tools are important. Exact tools are priceless

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't doubt that. We're all very busy. I sometimes feel that no one can be as busy as I am when it comes to juggling time, but I know that's not true. Everyone, unless glued to the TV or computer or couch, could use a few more hours throughout the week. Landon seems to have a good head on his shoulders, like his dad, and is pursuing a college education. That's excellent.

Finally we agree

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With countless possibilities of CB to OB relationships, It stands to reason that occasionally the perception line (fixed CB perspective) will look good without needing thinned or thickened. It's far-fetched to believe that's never likely to happen.

When you factor in the fact that a CTE user pivots or sweeps on all shots even shots that are straight in, then it becomes not so far fetched. Fact is you are grasping at straws to try to disprove something that you have very little knowledge of

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it supports your effort on making cte this great system....other words your talk is just that.

That being said ..you're claiming exactness vs your speed is what's keeping you from posting anything.

All you cte guys it's been long enough that you should be just drilling them balls in. Start posting the awesome runs..beating the ghost. Inquiring minds wanna see.

You play well enough to know that there is a whole lot more to running racks than just aiming. So why post something so stupid as you did? Are you really that desperate to post something negative about CTE?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You guys have said for years that a video wouldn't prove anything. If i make a ball you will say i wasn't using cte. If i miss you will say, see cte isn't any good.

I've seen good players abandon things and move on to different things they think will make them better. For instance Jason Kirkwood won SBE several times but came back one year with a very noticeable, totally revamped stroke. Players move on from things. Great thing about pool is that is always more to learn.

Stan has proven the exactness of CTE many times. Get the book.

I've never claimed to be a monster player but i hold my own against the top tiers of local players both when i was in baltimore and now in florida. How ever since moving to florida i really don't play a whole lot anymore. Fun in the sun now. Jet skiing, boating and fishing.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you factor in the fact that a CTE user pivots or sweeps on all shots even shots that are straight in, then it becomes not so far fetched. Fact is you are grasping at straws to try to disprove something that you have very little knowledge of

Serious question here. You have a straight in shot. You set up with an offset and you do a half tip pivot which puts the cue on the straight in shot line. Don't shoot the ball. Now move the ob over 1/2 inch. Now when you set up with an offset of a half tip from ccb the shot goes as is. If you pivot you will hit the ball straight and miss the pocket (or slop it in). If the ob is only slightly off straight in do you all of a sudden call it a 15* shot?

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
You guys have said for years that a video wouldn't prove anything. If i make a ball you will say i wasn't using cte. If i miss you will say, see cte isn't any good.

I've seen good players abandon things and move on to different things they think will make them better. For instance Jason Kirkwood won SBE several times but came back one year with a very noticeable, totally revamped stroke. Players move on from things. Great thing about pool is that is always more to learn.

I've never claimed to be a monster player but i hold my own against the top tiers of local players both when i was in baltimore and now in florida. How ever since moving to florida i really don't play a whole lot anymore. Fun in the sun now. Jet skiing, boating and fishing.

I think a video would prove that you can actually play besides preach to the choir.
What Stan teaches an how he shoots are 2 different things. He's already taught himself what looks right before cte ever came along. I hope you understand the difference between exact an creating exactness.

BTW..the only way I would consider buying Stans book is if Lou or Dan gave a good review it.

You guys an Stan gotta away with tossing people under the bus, an why? Cause your a 100 percent sure it works but don't have a clue as why, got questioned about it an don't like the response's people gave.

I know why you hide from putting anything about yourself on video, the truth. How you play would actually determine your words here. No more credibility.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

Yeah... .it's a catch 22 for sure. So you come from Baltimore? Ever play with Larry Neudecker (Baltimore Red)? He moved to WV a few years ago and I got to be friends with him. Hell of a guy, hell of a player Haven't seen him now in a couple of years though.....he just disappeared.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had some questions regarding CTE, I'd rather not post a thread or post my questions in these threads.... :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

If those of you who know CTE have a few minutes to help me out, will you drop me a private message, I had a simple question regarding A, B and C on the OB.
thanks.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had some questions regarding CTE, I'd rather not post a thread or post my questions in these threads.... :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

If those of you who know CTE have a few minutes to help me out, will you drop me a private message, I had a simple question regarding A, B and C on the OB.
thanks.

I beg to differ. I think we were actually exploring new information based on Stan's flurry of videos -- things that hadn't really been discussed in detail before. Brian was also doing a good job of dissecting the CTE process and trying to understand how each step works in detail.

I would have to agree that most of the responses were the same old same old, but that tells you something, too.

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

thanks.

ST. Your going to have to watch all of Stan's videos on CTE. I think there are something like 100. There is no short cut and it's a very unfamiliar approach to playing the game.

I'm working on it everyday and I am getting more comfortable using it.

Being a "back of the ball aimer" it hasn't been easy. But I am seeing shots more differently now.

Hang in there. :)

John

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Serious question here. You have a straight in shot. You set up with an offset and you do a half tip pivot which puts the cue on the straight in shot line. Don't shoot the ball. Now move the ob over 1/2 inch. Now when you set up with an offset of a half tip from ccb the shot goes as is. If you pivot you will hit the ball straight and miss the pocket (or slop it in). If the ob is only slightly off straight in do you all of a sudden call it a 15* shot?

What exactly do you mean by the bolded?

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a very good post.
Before I started with CTE, I had already HAMB.....and all of those were using guesswork and feel through experience. Hot and cold...hot and cold. Poor consistency and I didn't like that.
I wanted a "method"....if it would work over and over.
When I saw Stan Shuffett making all those shots and then watched his son barbecue Strickland, I was sold.
This just made sense to me right from the start...but you're right, it is a VERY unfamiliar approach to playing.
:thumbup:

Thanks Low500. I always try to be constructive with my posts.
Yeah, I saw that match Landon had with Earl on a 10 footer. Landon is here in St. Louis attending Lindenwood. I get to see him play in person occasionally. He is a very quiet and deliberate young man and is easy to talk to.

To the point, the link posted below is the shot sequence I started with, I only use 3 balls and not five. (from left to right. The first ball, the third ball and the 5th ball).
Hard to believe its been 3 years already. :)

It took me a long time to figure this out. I only worked on this every once in a while. I had some fundamental issues that needed to be corrected before working on this series of shots.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1Psy5hOJT0

What I did to successfully pocket all 3 of these shots was I used the manual CTE method.

I'll try to explain. From a standing position I line up the edge of the CB to the proper A,B, or C and then CCB to edge of OB to get the proper visual perception on the shot. Then I look directly at the CB when after I have placed my bridge hand and cue on the center (apex) of the perception, then I look at the CB to see how for off (in this case left) my tip is from CCB, then I pivot the cue to CCB and shoot. My brain doesn't like this and it is a fight. My brain wants to find a contact point on the OB to point my cue tip.

Now for me, the cue tip pivot is not always 1/2 or 1 tip off CCB. What I have experienced is that the further I moved to the right (to pocket a ball to the left) is that the pivot distance became greater and greater to CCB.

The key to me was to make absolutely sure that my bridge hand and cue fell down on the center (apex) of the perception. And then pivot the tip to CCB.

I may edit the above later.

More coffee. :)

John

Last edited:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Low500. I always try to be constructive with my posts.
Yeah, I saw that match Landon had with Earl on a 10 footer. Landon is here in St. Louis attending Lindenwood. I get to see him play in person occasionally. He is a very quiet and deliberate young man and is easy to talk to.

To the point, the link posted below is the shot sequence I started with, I only use 3 balls and not five. (from left to right. The first ball, the third ball and the 5th ball).
Hard to believe its been 3 years already. :)

It took me a long time to figure this out. I only worked on this every once in a while. I had some fundamental issues that needed to be corrected before working on this series of shots.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1Psy5hOJT0

What I did to successfully pocket all 3 of these shots was I used the manual CTE method.

I'll try to explain. I don't ever look at the cue ball directly, I only see the CB in my peripheral vision while getting the proper visual perception on the shot. The only time I look directly at the CB is when I have placed my bridge hand and cue on the center (apex) of the perception, then I look at the CB to see how for off (in this case left) my tip is from CCB, then I pivot the cue to CCB and shoot. My brain doesn't like this and it is a fight. My brain wants to find a contact point on the OB to point my cue tip.

Now for me, the cue tip pivot is not always 1/2 or 1 tip off CCB. What I have experienced is that the further I moved to the right (to pocket a ball to the left) is that the pivot distance became greater and greater to CCB.

The key to me was to make absolutely sure that my bridge hand and cue fell down on the center (apex) of the perception. And then pivot the tip to CCB.

I may edit the above later.

More coffee. :)

John

Next time you see Landon, see if he will help you with the pivots. It sounds like what you are doing will not give you the best results.

As far as getting rid of "the old way", get in as much practice time as possible for a month. During that time, use nly CTE. Never your old way of aiming.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah... .it's a catch 22 for sure. So you come from Baltimore? Ever play with Larry Neudecker (Baltimore Red)? He moved to WV a few years ago and I got to be friends with him. Hell of a guy, hell of a player Haven't seen him now in a couple of years though.....he just disappeared.

You know i've heard of him but don't think i've ever actually met him. Sounds like a good guy and a pretty good player for sure. Asked a few old friends and they said he stayed pretty much on the west side of baltimore which was opposite from me.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I beg to differ. I think we were actually exploring new information based on Stan's flurry of videos -- things that hadn't really been discussed in detail before. Brian was also doing a good job of dissecting the CTE process and trying to understand how each step works in detail.

I would have to agree that most of the responses were the same old same old, but that tells you something, too.

I think a lot of times people don't care to answer you because of your posting style/attitude. You and Brian won't admit it but you always seem to come with some little dig in your posts.

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Next time you see Landon, see if he will help you with the pivots. It sounds like what you are doing will not give you the best results.

As far as getting rid of "the old way", get in as much practice time as possible for a month. During that time, use nly CTE. Never your old way of aiming.

Thanks for the feed back.
I had to edit my post. To early in the morning for me to be posting.

John