Learning Straight Pool

cuecademy

Registered
Are there any websites or videos specifically targeted towards straight pool? I really like the game and am trying to learn more, but there doesn't seem to be a lot out there. Most stuff seems to be 8 or 9 ball related if anything.

tc in l a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Make some time for this...

Thanks to GORDML the stream and some previous matches are on Diamond Billiards Richmond Facebook at

https://www.facebook.com/Diamond-Billiards-Richmond-113956249358/?rf=282772148489583

I was able to watch without becoming a Facebook member. Once you get on the page scroll down a few clicks to view the matches/stream.

This was a little frustrating that the information for the stream wasn't posted somewhere on AZB but that's pool.

...and my apology for all of the mis-information I previously posted.

Tony C

Last edited:

cuecademy

Registered
Holy cow Tony C, I've never even heard of this page, but they got some sweet matches on here. I know what I'm going to be doing for the rest of the week...

tc in l a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Holy cow Tony C, I've never even heard of this page, but they got some sweet matches on here. I know what I'm going to be doing for the rest of the week...
Thanks cueacademy but I'd never seen it either until AZ member GORDML tipped me to find it.

If you get the chance to watch any of today's matches make sure you watch the Alcaide/Van Corteza match. Very impressive play and easy to watch. I found the others today not so much.

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
Big fan of Phil Capelle's "Play Your Best Straight Pool" and "Break Shot Patterns" books. The Break Shot book has a DVD of over 100 patterns as played by the pros.