For those that prefer a gentleman's game.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
omg, is that heartwarming, thx for sharing!

ronnie through to the final, now lets hope for murphy and a great final again!

Go go Ronnie
If Ronnie wins, he will equal Steve Davis with most number of UK Championship titles
Final starts 1pm local time Sunday (about 20 hrs from now)

pmac666

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go go Ronnie
If Ronnie wins, he will equal Steve Davis with most number of UK Championship titles
Final starts 1pm local time Sunday (about 20 hrs from now)

and he will tie hendry for most triple crown wins at 18!
gogo ronnie

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
and he will tie hendry for most triple crown wins at 18!
gogo ronnie

For those that are interested, the UK Championship final has just finished, it was a pretty high standard with a few centuries thrown in.

Worth checking out on youtube when its up there (GBP 170k to the winner, GBP 75k to the runner up btw)!

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
I watched the first session of the finals live and had to take care of some business during the second session so just finished watching the second session on youtube. Even though I had peaked and knew the result it was still great entertainment. .The commentary provided by the past champions was so insightful.

The performance by Ronnie was so incredible. I noticed the look in his eyes as he was finishing the match and it was the eyes of a predator that will not be denied his kill.

As Yogi would say, "you can observe a lot by watching."

pmac666

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched the first session of the finals live and had to take care of some business during the second session so just finished watching the second session on youtube. Even though I had peaked and knew the result it was still great entertainment. .The commentary provided by the past champions was so insightful.

The performance by Ronnie was so incredible. I noticed the look in his eyes as he was finishing the match and it was the eyes of a predator that will not be denied his kill.

As Yogi would say, "you can observe a lot by watching."

you saw the hunger in his eyes the whole tourney, he wanted that win from the start......something you dont see often! in minor tourneys im not sure he would have won vs akani......

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
you saw the hunger in his eyes the whole tourney, he wanted that win from the start......something you dont see often! in minor tourneys im not sure he would have won vs akani......
Heh heh, Akani really woke him up, after the two matches that he had just played where his opponents just kind of laid down for him.

In the post match interview Ronnie looked so proud of Sunny. Looked like he wanted to hug him. Like a proud parent.:thumbup:

Last edited: