More From Stan

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
When are you going to start a class action suit against Stan for misleading the public by marketing CTE as 100% objective?

:rotflmao:,,,,,,,,:rotflmao:
sadly dan might think you have a great idea .......:banghead:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:rotflmao:,,,,,,,,:rotflmao:
sadly dan might think you have a great idea .......:banghead:

This is like the 10th time I've asked him without him responding. So I doubt he thinks it's a good idea.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
https://youtu.be/BCwJYXcDQvE

Stan mention's what the pro players are doing..sweeping into the shot. I do the same and it has nothing to do with cte. It seems like he's doing everything he can to make his system legit. Well it already is Stan , people are using it , but your comments about what players are doing are nothing more than reaching. I'm I pro ...nope..but I do understand things very well.

What makes a player a pro has nothing to do with his system.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
https://youtu.be/BCwJYXcDQvE

Stan mention's what the pro players are doing..sweeping into the shot. I do the same and it has nothing to do with cte. It seems like he's doing everything he can to make his system legit. Well it already is Stan , people are using it , but your comments about what players are doing are nothing more than reaching. I'm I pro ...nope..but I do understand things very well.

What makes a player a pro has nothing to do with his system.

My thought exactly. The sweep that EVERY pool player does is a natural movement of getting your long cue stick around to line up on the shot. Every pro, and all players I guess, use CTE without even knowing it, which Stan has actually said in a post (that all pros use CTE unknowingly).

We must also use it when we sweep a rifle from left to right in the target line, or right to left you're a left-handed shooter.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My thought exactly. The sweep that EVERY pool player does is a natural movement of getting your long cue stick around to line up on the shot. Every pro, and all players I guess, use CTE without even knowing it, which Stan has actually said in a post (that all pros use CTE unknowingly).

We must also use it when we sweep a rifle from left to right in the target line, or right to left you're a left-handed shooter.

If you think every pool player does a sweep then you really should just stop posting, take two weeks away from AZ, and then ban yourself altogether.lol.
Most pro's sweep, not saying it's because of cte, but most amateurs do not

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
U
If you think every pool player does a sweep then you really should just stop posting, take two weeks away from AZ, and then ban yourself altogether.lol.
Most pro's sweep, not saying it's because of cte, but most amateurs do not

Well, I don't think I've ever seen a pool player (from newbie to pro) bring their cue stick straight down in front of their face like lowering a draw bridge, or telescopically straight out from their body to the CB. We all swing it one way or another, left or right, to the CB. What Stan thinks is that most pros are adding a tiny 1/2 tip pivot/sweep to this natural swinging motion of the cue, and we don't notice it because it's so trivial. Lol. I'd say we don't notice it because it's not happening.

Most pros have learned via gb and/or contact points, and now they just see the line. They see one line -- the line that puts the CB where it needs to be. We all stand at an offset to this line because our cue is held and stroked at our side, not from the middle of our body.

Last edited:

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A very decent player with good mechanics yesterday said he has a problem with a particular shot of cutting to the left down the rail and bringing the cb back to basically the same area he shot from. I think it's something like a 30 degree shot but basically the same shot in a hillbilly bryant video on YouTube called the 3 diamond rule.

I saw the shot relationship on the table that he had set up and I looked at it and said you are probably overcutting it based on what I know that is typical for a right handed player with a dominant left eye. He laughed and said yes.

I said in your stand up, you are guaging it thick, correct? He said yes.

I said you are guaging it thick because you need to dig in and twist the cb and throw it to achieve the desired cb static destination. He said yes.

I said the problem is for a right handed player with a dominant left eye, it's very difficult to produce the correct stroke because the corner of the table from where you are shooting from, gets in the way just enough to force your stroke out to the right at launch point and this also creates a problem of when you do make the shot and spin back, the cb carries too much speed and catches the rail too quick and you either don't come back far enough and zig zag above and past your intended cb destination or well below because either way it carries too much speed.

Sure enough, he shot it a few times and happed to stripe it in the hole perfectly but ran well past his shape etc etc.

I said what you need to do but it's very difficult, is sight in with your right eye and that will help produce a outside angle inward on your delivery stroke but don't go down that road because it's going to mess you up and open a big can of worms that I doubt he wants to do.

There are a number of remedies but I told him the best thing he can do without opening up a pandora box, is too be aware of how he sights down the cue and retain that when in the stand up.

He sights dead down the middle of both eyes.

I said that when you are tired or under pressure, you will or should notice, you tend to sight more with your left eye in the stand up and be aware of that and that will help big time or else you are DEAD. He laughed and agreed and said he was sort of aware of that but now knew his suspicions were right.

I said for this shot, we'll do a test and do what stan shuffett calls a sweep. I said you want to stand up with a bias of left side of the shot line, which will obviously force more right eye into the shot.

The funny thing is, he couldn't do it and that's what I call a left side tractor beam because his left eye is owning him and this puts him skewed to the right side of the shot line and the rest is history and you're doomed before getting down on the shot, and have no choice but to spin out with too much speed etc etc

I said, dude, get your ass way over to the LEFT side of the shot line and don't go anywhere near "over there" , referring to the right side of the shot line.

I said this will not feel comfortable but just trust it so you get a idea of the difference and effect.

He did after two attempts finally, the force is strong on that left tractor beam lol, and he hit the shot so full and made it, but the cb didn't do much but hold a lot straighter and a ton of perfect 3 0'clock spin on its axis and NO DRAW.

I knew right away what this means and that is the can of worms i was talking about, but he now realized a thin relationship in the stand up produces a fat shotline in reality. This is incongruent with what a right handed left eye player expects but this is the phenomenon of the sweep. Sweep to the right to cut left should produce a thin hit and it doesn't unless you dig and spin out.

I told him to forget about the sweep because this man, and it does exist, is a true over the top target shooter. Hard to believe, but this man does not sweep and that's also why his stroke arm is tucked well under his midsection, where you cannot see his grip if you stand in front of him.

It has to if you are sighting down the middle of your eyes which he does very well. But, I believe this limits dimension and I know it does because he can't conventionally produce the correct launch of a outside inward attack that produces a bend that slows the speed down with draw.

This is also why I disagree with hillbilly bryants video because when I saw it, I said to myself I can get it past what he calls a great hit and I did in fact set up the same shot and got it past his best by a half diamond on my first attempt on worn out green simonis on a tight brunswik. In his video, he has the blue simonis but it's on a diamond table and i know the diamond table rail height is slightly lower, so I'm not sure if that hinders the effect, but I do know that the blue simonis is very user friendly for draw and bending.

A stop shot on the equipment I play on will draw the cb back on that blue simonis. So, I venture on his table, I believe it's possible to damn near scratch in the corner pocket coming back if one could warp the cb enough. Im probably stretching the imagination but my gut tells me for a good reason.

Anyway, not everyone sweeps or sweeps nearly as much as average, but its rare in reality. Most people sweep or offset something or other. If our stroke arm came out the middle of our chest, I assume we would never miss and beat God on a bad day.

Last edited:

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member

It's rather ironic that one of the few persons I've ever seen NOT trying to sweep the cue in from the side is Stevie Moore...In one of the matches I watched he did this weird walk forward and keept his cue pointed straight through the ball at all times...I don't know the American word for that kind of walk. In the army we used to call it a "duck" walk. It's when you are sighting down your rifle, and walking forward moving slowly and silently, moving only one leg at a time in order not to disturb your aim and still keep steady and braced for recoil. You move your front leg, shift weight to it, then move back leg, etc, always keeping a particular leg forward. With modern low recoil rifles you no longer necessarily have to do it this way. I don't know of any other uses or contexts for this kind of walk except maybe some kind of martial art based on spears(?), but I expect if you are really focusing on a small point of contact or visual it's a way to keep it in your vision at all times while moving. It can also be that he doesn't want to disturbe his "triangle", relationship between his shooting hand, head and bridge hand? IDK, just think it is interesting, please don't read anything else into it.

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The eyes do the sweeping the body just follows the eyes. The eye sweep could either be a right or left onto CCB or no sweep at all just straight down onto center cue ball.

Just keep in mind that the bridge hand will fall onto the perception line (apex), not on the shot line. Getting on the shot line comes from sweeping into center cue ball.

Once on center cue ball it is not necessary to look at the OB anymore, just pull the cue straight back and then forward to send the QB to the OB.

It's a hard concept to learn because a large percentage of players today have always used some kind of contact point on the OB to aim at, whether it be a portion of QB to the OB or a side of their cue shaft thru the QB to the OB.

I know how it works, but don't know why..........drives me crazy. :)

John

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
The eyes do the sweeping the body just follows the eyes. The eye sweep could either be a right or left onto CCB or no sweep at all just straight down onto center cue ball.

Just keep in mind that the bridge hand will fall onto the perception line (apex), not on the shot line. Getting on the shot line comes from sweeping into center cue ball.

Once on center cue ball it is not necessary to look at the OB anymore, just pull the cue straight back and then forward to send the QB to the OB.
If this where the case Im sure we would have a video out by Stan pocketing balls in a fast manner. Watched a lot of his videos and sure seems he's not quite on line in the beginning, a lot of movement before he fires. He should be able to one stroke'm if he was dead on.

It's a hard concept to learn [/SIZE (Not at all, I could produce a video showing the same concept, only difference. I'd have to adjust if the shot looked wrong, and it will if you try to be exact) because a large percentage of players today have always used some kind of contact point on the OB to aim at, whether it be a portion of QB to the OB or a side of their cue shaft thru the QB to the OB.

I know how it works, but don't know why..........drives me crazy. :)

I know why, your main concern is to make the ball. That alone is blinding you from whats really happening. Again trial an error creates this positive feeling its working for you. Pro1 you cannot rely on exactness.,your doomed if you do. When you create a certain process an try to reproduce that process you should have the same outcome.
Its as simple as that. Glad its helping you though

John

Last edited: