Fargo Rate

Michael S

Registered
Good evening,

How is the Fargo rate calculated and how do I get rated even though I am not a professional player?

thank you

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spend some time on the fargorate website. At the top of the pages, there is a FAQ link, and a Videos link. You will get many answers from those two resources, and directly from the source. Enjoy.

http://www.fargorate.com

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
Good evening,

How is the Fargo rate calculated and how do I get rated even though I am not a professional player?

thank you

A lot of players are not believers of Fargo rate's accuracy and do not trust it. I think it is OK but has a long way to go.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it’s much better than subjectively classifying someone as PRO, AAA, AA, A, BB, B+, B, C+, C, D. Being based on their results is great. The only downside is players dumping games in leagues to make the cut in a lower bracket for tournaments. But nothing’s perfect and I’m sure even that could be easily detected in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pangit

Banned
A lot of players are not believers of Fargo rate's accuracy and do not trust it. I think it is OK but has a long way to go.

200.gif

Johnson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sell fargo ratings on Ebay at a cost of $1 per point, with just a few minor tweaks I can have you playing pro speed by sunset! How many instructors can say that??

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Once a player is "established," has enough racks played, the rating is spot on and players move up and down accordingly in small increments. When you are playing well your rating rises continually and the opposite is true also. As I have said before, when I look at my favorites list on fargorate.com, the ratings in relation to other players that I play and know their speed, the ratings make perfect sense.

It could very well be that when a person looks at their rating they believe they should be higher rated than they actually are.. Imagine that, a pool player that thinks they play better than they do.

Use it as a motivational tool. If you are a 500 rating, make it a goal to get to 550 or 600, etc.