People who judge spending

brokenarrowjbe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Money on pool nut havr their own peculiar ways of spending. Just drove from central florida to gordonville, pa to pick up puppy. He is cute. But still. No cute puppies in Florida?? She paid for trip including food, gas and motels.
uploadfromtaptalk1406641708272.jpg

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why is that surprising? Everyone has their own justifications for their own choices.

And that is a cute pup, one of those poodle mix breeds, no? Dogs last a long time, might as well get what you want, ya know?

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Ha, idiot driving all the way to PA to pick up a dog. I flew my dog in from North Dakota ;)

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Why is that surprising? Everyone has their own justifications for their own choices.

And that is a cute pup, one of those poodle mix breeds, no? Dogs last a long time, might as well get what you want, ya know?

Agreed. While the wife and I would now never think of driving great distances to pick up a dog (when there are so many dogs locally that need rescuing, and our best two dogs are rescues while the third dog, a purebreed from a breeder, is a royal PITA), we definitely can see that everyone has their justification for doing so.

Pets enrich our lives for many, many years (decades in many cases), so no matter the effort, it's justified.

-Sean

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I like your puppy, infact I like most dogs I meet, more than most of the people I meet. Dogs are honest, they never turn and stab you in the back. They ask for nothing but a little love, food, water, and maybe to be walked & brushed. They give back more than they get in form if being a true best friend.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is a damn cute dog! I can see why the trip was worth it. And I agree with a previous poster...I definitely like dogs more than most people most of the time.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Agreed. While the wife and I would now never think of driving great distances to pick up a dog (when there are so many dogs locally that need rescuing, and our best two dogs are rescues while the third dog, a purebreed from a breeder, is a royal PITA), we definitely can see that everyone has their justification for doing so.

Pets enrich our lives for many, many years (decades in many cases), so no matter the effort, it's justified.

-Sean

Well said...One of the charities we donate to is the local no kill shelter. Currently, two of their graduates live here. It sad...so many on death row for the "crime" of having been born. Neuter your pets, folks...and it would be a good idea to include a few weird relatives.

tuda

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
stuff

my wife doesn't screw with me about buying cues, I don't screw with her about 300$ shoes...

seriously... who in their right mind pays 300 for a dang pair of shoes.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Tuda, ya think your wife is the only one that does that?

Mine has twice as many shoes. This is her.

"They are like Italian Shoes, regular $300 and were on sale for $80".

Wears them once or twice maybe and puts them on display.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Money on pool nut havr their own peculiar ways of spending. Just drove from central florida to gordonville, pa to pick up puppy. He is cute. But still. No cute puppies in Florida?? She paid for trip including food, gas and motels.

I don't know what you said but it's a cute dog.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
I don't know what you said but it's a cute dog.

LOL!!! I was thinking the same exact thing. I read it 3 different times and couldnt make heads or tails of it. I had one of those dogs and gave it to my brother. They are excellent with children. His daughter is 2 and she terrorizes it and the dog just lays there and doesnt make a sound.

brokenarrowjbe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Missed spelled but. Mini labradoodle f1b. Amish family. Could not or would not get him to airport. When i picked him up their little girl was toting him around by the neck. He has two eyes. Just stopped at jekyll island so he could walk on beach. Everyone loved him. He is very friendly and outgoing.
I flew my great dane mastiff mix in but the airlines r picky about time of year and route. If they get held up on runway it gets hot in the baggage area or something.

ChrisWoj

Just some one eyed guy.
Silver Member
Missed spelled but. Mini labradoodle f1b. Amish family. Could not or would not get him to airport. When i picked him up their little girl was toting him around by the neck. He has two eyes. Just stopped at jekyll island so he could walk on beach. Everyone loved him. He is very friendly and outgoing.
I flew my great dane mastiff mix in but the airlines r picky about time of year and route. If they get held up on runway it gets hot in the baggage area or something.
Gotta love Jekyll Island. I lived down on the south end of the island for a year some years back. Loved every moment of it - taught with the 4-H Center. Probably the worst year to live there though, lots of construction and the movie crew for X-Men First Class was a roya pain to work around. None of it took away from the peace and serenity of island living, though. Absolutely one of the most wonderful places I've lived (probably my second favorite place to live behind the San Bernardino Mountains).

Enjoy the labradoodle. The best decision if you've got some allergy issues in the family. Good luck with training though, they've got incredibly low IQs and are painfully tough to train. I worked for a dog daycare for a while way back and those were easily our worst behaved and most frustrating breed to work with (if any dog could be called frustrating). I'd rather spend a day trying to acclimate an akita to other dogs than spend it training a doodle.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
my wife doesn't screw with me about buying cues, I don't screw with her about 300$ shoes...

seriously... who in their right mind pays 300 for a dang pair of shoes.

ummmmm, now how much did your pool case cost ;)

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Thats pretty strange Chris but I will believe you considering you obviously have more dog training experience than I. Mine is with Hunting Springers, and there is nothing Stupid about those dogs.

With the Standard Poodle, Golden and Lab, I would have thought that any of those breeds were more intelligent than many others.

Try living with a Papillon. High energy and they just look at you as if to say, Screw You when you want them to do something that isn't in their present agenda.

24/7 of Play Time is about the only thing they have on their minds. She is a good Mouser tho and that is what they were bred for.

Last edited: