MORER UPDATES PLEASE-Moori RUBY TIP

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SOME HAVE POSTED, BUT NOT RECENTLY.
Thank you

Hi Duane. The Ruby is the hardest of the new Moori tips.
When installing the tip it feels alot softer, than it actually is.
Of the new Moori tips, it's the one that holds chalk the least well, but still better than Kamui black tips.
It's a good good tip, but I was suprised by the firmness of the tip.

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently installed both the Ruby and Malachite tips and I must say that I was very impressed with both tips :smile: Ruby is the hardest of the new Mooris as Kim said but it is not too hard to play with. Feels a lot like a good Kamui original medium. Holds chalk well enough for me to not have any miscue issues and overall I like it a lot. Really nice medium hard tip that I would recommend trying if possible :smile: My personal favourite on new Mooris.

Malachite is the softest of the new Mooris and it is comparable to Zan Premium soft in terms of feel and playablility. It has a nice feel of control on hit, its not mushy like an elkmaster but it is still pretty soft tip. Holds chalk really well and is a dream to install like all the new Mooris have been. A tad too soft for my liking but I prefer hard tips in general. Soft tip guys, try this one out if you havent already :wink:

The Moori J is the middleman of the new line up. Its not too hard but definitely not soft either. Has a traditional dark brown colour and is a pleasure to install. Cuts like butter and polishes up nicely. I like the way they play but I find myself scuffing it more often than some other tips. Plays well though and is comparable to most Medium tips by feel, maybe a bit on the harder end of mediums :smile: Close second after Ruby if I had to place them in order how I personally like them :smile: Sorry for the lack of pictures, I havent taken any apparently but there are a few posted here by other members already :smile:

bob b.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How does the Malachite compare to a Moori Soft/Slow? Does it mushroom less? Softer hit? About the same? About the same length new?

Thanks

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
^ Unfortunately I cant give an exact comparasion as I have never had a slow moori on my own cue.

I can only say that it was somewhere between a kamui black ss and s for hardness, a nice pleasant hit and it held up well for a tip that soft tip. I changed mine to a harder tip after a while so I cant tell if it gets harder after several months like kamuis do. I liked it a lot though for the time I had one on and it didnt glaze too badly either. Gator grip every now and then and one mushroom trim after playing the tip in was all I had to do to it :)

A quality tip for sure but in the end it is just a matter of personal preference if you like it or not :eek:

Hopefully Kim Bye or someone else who has played extensively with both Moori slows and malachites gives a better comparasion for you, thats all I can say :eek:

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How does the Malachite compare to a Moori Soft/Slow? Does it mushroom less? Softer hit? About the same? About the same length new?

Thanks

The new Moori tips mushrooms less than the regular Moori tips.
The regular Moori slow is softer that Jewel Malachite, not much, but enough that it's got another feel and sound to it, compared to Moori Slow.
I still prefer An Premium Soft of the soft tips on the market. G2, Moori and Kamui original is nice too.
I'm waiting on the new tips from Navigator, they are 15 layers or so, gonna be interesting to see how they play, not a huge fan of the regular rainbow coloured Navigator tips...

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
The new Moori tips mushrooms less than the regular Moori tips.
The regular Moori slow is softer that Jewel Malachite, not much, but enough that it's got another feel and sound to it, compared to Moori Slow.
I still prefer An Premium Soft of the soft tips on the market. G2, Moori and Kamui original is nice too.
I'm waiting on the new tips from Navigator, they are 15 layers or so, gonna be interesting to see how they play, not a huge fan of the regular rainbow coloured Navigator tips...

The black Navigator are the Nutz