Anyone try one of Bill's PreciSion Layered Tips! Check it out

FLYINGSNAIL

Koo Cues
Silver Member
PreciSion layered tip

I am playing with PreciSion Soft. Tip play very consistent, grab the cue ball very good, and the tip does not glazed up easily. Holding chalk very well. Very easy to install. It trim very nicely. This tip is 8 layered Premium hand select pig skins. They are glued and air dry only not baked. It took about 3 year to developed and R&D this tip by Dennis Searing .

Precision Tip installed.JPG

Precision tip in can.JPG

MalibuMike

Banned
I love it! Better then the G2!

I have been playing with the G2 but just switched to these Precision Tips, they hit nice and crisp like the G2 but with a little more grab, just enough, too much grab gets my position a little squirrely. I love them!

Shooter32

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How does this tip compare to the G2 in hardness?? Does the soft and medium play true to a true soft and medium tip?? Just trying to decide what firmness to use as I like a medium firm tip but don't like the harse feel of a true hard tip . Thanks for any input

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

MalibuMike

Banned
The Med. compares to a medium G2.

How does this tip compare to the G2 in hardness?? Does the soft and medium play true to a true soft and medium tip?? Just trying to decide what firmness to use as I like a medium firm tip but don't like the harse feel of a true hard tip . Thanks for any input

I found the Medium compares to a G2 Medium= med/hard, but more action then the G2, draw is much easier ect.

MalibuMike

Banned
Can I get PreciSion Tips directly from Dennis Searing?

I am playing with PreciSion Soft. Tip play very consistent, grab the cue ball very good, and the tip does not glazed up easily. Holding chalk very well. Very easy to install. It trim very nicely. This tip is 8 layered Premium hand select pig skins. They are glued and air dry only not baked. It took about 3 year to developed and R&D this tip by Dennis Searing .

View attachment 442285

View attachment 442286

Can I get PreciSion Tips directly from Dennis Searing?

MikeF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got 2 Hard Precision tips last week from Bill but should have got 2 Mediums. If anyone has a couple of Mediums that they want to swap for Hards let me know.

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
I got 2 Hard Precision tips last week from Bill but should have got 2 Mediums. If anyone has a couple of Mediums that they want to swap for Hards let me know.

You ought to try one of those hards, they play freaking great

MalibuMike

Banned
Best Tips I have ever hit with!!!!!!!!

You have to try these out to believe them!
They are perfect in everyway! I like the Mediums, as they run a tad hard.
Great action and the least maintenance of any tip I have owned!

Developed by a guy named Dennis Searing. PerCision Tips

Attachments

• Ptips.jpg
    Ptips.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,956
  • n6.jpg
    n6.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,845

tonka2

Registered
Weren't these selling for $10 apiece a short time ago? I see their site shows $20 apiece, or are we getting a special price?

Herb

Shooter32

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go to the website precision tip dot com and they're $10 each with a minimum order of two .... on another website and eBay they sell for a higher price .

taozhong

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I absolutely love these tips. They've dethroned the G2s for me. Any idea where they're made?

pho_choob

Be the Cueball
Review of Searing's PreciSion "Sunset" tip (soft)

Intro: Making a review of Searing's precision cue tip (soft) after I adjusted from my previous tip (ultraskin pro soft - great tip).

Tip installation: I install tips by hand and this tip was a pleasure to install. It cut in ribbons and had the most interesting colors with shades of brown, yellow, and orange.

Tip configuration: Nickel dome top + 5 complete layers underneath, left the tip tall.

Hit: If I was blindtesting this cue tip, I would rate it to be harder than a soft (closer to a medium).
It was firmer than my ultraskin pro soft that I played for a year (about twice a week and approximately 2 hours session, less than half tip remaining) and harder than a fresh g2 soft tip (from my friend's new cue with vikore dampening shaft). I was given more speed from the PreciSion soft tip.
The tip hits very solid which is what Searing was going for.

Spin: The spin is Controllable. This tip allowed me to do anything that was needed with a large margin to work with.

Lower Deflection: Even leaving the tip fairly tall (nickel dome + five complete layers underneath it) I noticed lower deflection and had to adjust for it.

Overall an A+ High Quality layered tip that is easy to install, has a firmer and more solid hit, and controllable spin. :thumbup:

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
I will have one of these on my new Jim Pierce cue that is supposed to be in my hands one day next week. Can't wait to try the cue and the tip, should be a wonderful combination from what I hear.

Kevin