New Here? - Introduce Yourself

Call_me_Tom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey folks, Tom from California. Like many others I played a lot in my youth, fast forward and it’s been close to 15 years since I last played. I found this place while researching.

GoldenDiamond

Registered
Biggest Little City in the World

Hey guys! Just making an intro. I'm in the Reno/Tahoe area and currently doing two 9-ball and one 8 ball leagues, both APA format. This is my third session and have been doing pretty solid to start. Loving it!

vanhwrd4

Registered
Hello

My name is Van, 44 years old, live in Virginia Beach, VA but have lived in Florida, California and Louisiana (Active duty Navy). Don't shoot great but but love to play. Currently waiting on a new table, arrives in two weeks and I am really excited.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Welcome! Now get to the good stuff. What kind of table, size, etc.? :D

JoeyA

My name is Van, 44 years old, live in Virginia Beach, VA but have lived in Florida, California and Louisiana (Active duty Navy). Don't shoot great but but love to play. Currently waiting on a new table, arrives in two weeks and I am really excited.

Cychotron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whats up guys,im Jason. Im 39yo love to play but havent regularly for a few years. Just got new gear after getting it stolen. Really stoked to play and keep reading on the forums.
Cheers!

ice-9

Registered
Hey Guys, I'm Patrick, 32 year old player from Connecticut and Maryland. Play back and forth. Enjoy 8-9 and 14.1 . B/+ Rated Player, Nice to see you all.

Last edited:

rtrdriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Greetings everyone.

I'm Tom from Centennial Colorado. I'm an older gentleman and have been in and out of pool rooms since I was 16. I found this site while doing research and lucky for me, there are lot of knowledgeable people here.

It doesn't matter how old you are; you can always learn something new from other people.

I joined the membership so I could have instant access to this base of information.

I hope to contribute in my own small way at times, since I've kept my mind open to learning as much as I can about the game of pool.

I just realized a life long dream about 2 months ago and had a 9' table installed in my basement.

Although my game isn't as good as it once was, it's still fun to play one on one.

I just hope to stay competitive.

realtor1618

Registered
Hello everyone. My name is Aaron and I am from Ohio. I have had a 15 year hiatus from shooting competitive pool. I have been getting a serious itch again though. Trying to figure out if I want to invest in new equipment or break out the old schon. Have a great day everyone

SoulphillyUK

Greetings all! I'm Richard. Filipino Brit living in London, UK. Been a long time AZ browser/lurker finally got round to engaging with this great resource that is the AZ billiard community.

See you around sometime!

Anyone else from London on here fancy shooting some racks? Message me

}{arlequin

Registered
Hi,
Came across this forum researching something about cue cases, browsed some more, and realized I will definitely be staying around here. I am certainly drawn to the skill/quality of cues and cases but mostly just frustrated and hooked on the game.

Started getting more into it during late 90's in Boston but I believe Boston Billiards (near Fenway) is closed now.

Currently living in DC and play in local 9ball and APA 8ball leagues.

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Greetings!
I'm Rick, 58, living in upstate NY and now playing in my second session of league play. I'm really enjoying the competition, and am learning things with every match I play.

Last edited:

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey everyone, I'm Mark from the Outer Banks of NC.

I started playing pool at a young age on my friends Coin-op bar box. My father helped me get a fake ID at 18 so I could join a pool league. I did pretty well and soaked in everything I learned like a sponge. While en-route to the 1988 U.S. Open, I was hit by my first drunk driver that messed up my arm pretty good. As a result, I sold my Meucci Cue and gave up the game for a bit. (I wish I had never sold that stick)

At that time, there was a fair amount of billiards being televised on ESPN and I was watching Sigel, Varner, Hopkins, The Miz, Remke, Hall, Strickland, Mataya etc... I remember watching a match between the Miz and I think Steve Davis where they competed in 9-Ball and then snooker. Great match.

Fast forward a few years and my friend (with the bar box table) asked if I could store the table in my room over the garage in our house that was being built for which I obliged. After we set it up, he confessed that he never wanted it back. :thumbup:

I only played about 5-6 times a week for years until a bar down the street brought in 2 larger tables. I started playing and it was like I was a kid again. It totally rejuvenated my interest in game partly in fact that there was some competition to play with.

It's somewhat nostalgic in the sense that I am playing on a 50+ year old table that I played on as a young child but part of me wants to get a larger table. I checked the other day and it would be $700 to re-felt and re-cushion the table...not sure what I am going to do yet.

Anyway, I've been doing a lot of reading on this site and find everything really interesting and am looking forward to joining some conversations.

Thanks

MrSharp

Registered
I’m from the flatlands of Canada, use to play a bit in bars and had a crappy table at home, then had a bit of basement flooding and once remodeled was turned into a TV room for the kids.

Anyway fast forward, kids grew up, bought a new bigger house, have the room so decided to get a table again and get back into playing.

RuneSki

Registered
Hello,
Sorry,I just posted a new thread without seeing this and posting here first. Well my name is Rich Kochinski, I am from Howell N.J, please hold the boos, Have a 9 ft. table
in my basement made by (G. Correale and Sons. 349 West Side Ave ,Jersey City ) I Am trying to find out some info. on my tables ( I have one more made by the same mfg. apart ) like when (years ) when they were made etc. One is (stamped I.D # 1843 the other is 4318 weird, huh! )
I got the first when table when I was 12 yrs. old in 1958 and it wasn't put together until 1973 after I built a house around it :smile: or actually for it in 1972
Thank you,
Rich

Last edited:

BooRadley

Registered
Hello!

Neil, Los Angeles. pretty new here used this to sell my Ginacue bout four years back.
play regular was in APA and looking for BCA team or singles out here in L.A.
Play around koreatown, brickyard or Buteras Billiards often, or Stix in Ventura.

Stockpot

Registered
New member.

Greetings all. long time reader now new member. Always happy to be involved with pool and lovers of the game.Played pool my whole life. Love to play 14.1 above all else, 10 ball and 9 ball when needed and always happy to find some 3C but tables are hard to find these days. Happy to be here.

2JZGE

Phil from NYC. Bought my current cue 15 yrs ago as a college present to myself, maybe played with it 2 yrs... now my company has a pool table so trying to get back into it. ;)

Cueball13

Registered
Hey everyone. My name is Michael. I’m just getting back into billiards and found this form. Can’t wait to hang around and learn some things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk