my sons GC IV to Diamond blue label pro am

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its been a goal to get my son a Diamond table and this week it finally happened. The Gold Crown IV was used and so is the Diamond but we have it and he is super thrilled. Happy papa moment for me.....

Will be getting it refelted to blue at a later time, probably after SBE. He says that this is now his favorite table besides snooker tables haha. Picked up some cheap shower curtains to hid the clutter along the wall, today picked up 2 spectator chairs, bought a Bluetooth music player. For the garage, it's really coming together for him.

Attachments

• 20171205_164728.jpg
    20171205_164728.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 893
  • 20180314_124001.jpg
    20180314_124001.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 878
  • 20180317_131612.jpg
    20180317_131612.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 878
  • 20180317_173144.jpg
    20180317_173144.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 878

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WOW, most impressive thing I see in those photos in that young man's textbook form - from the open bridge to the elbow/forearm/wrist being in what appears to be absolute perfect alignment! Just curious, is that natural, the result of some quality instruction, or a little of both?

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WOW, most impressive thing I see in those photos in that young man's textbook form - from the open bridge to the elbow/forearm/wrist being in what appears to be absolute perfect alignment! Just curious, is that natural, the result of some quality instruction, or a little of both?

Thank you, his coach Samm got his mechanics going, we are so lucky to have her as Jins coach. He is after the framework/mechanics that won't limit his future. He definitely puts in his time trying to perfect what he is learning, I'm lucky he is so driven and that we have an awesome coach nearby.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Put some softer material on the floor, from experience concrete chips cueballs and cues that are knocked over. My son's Lomax is going in for a refinish soon because I was slow buying some carpet or mats for around the table. Even though it was a cue we won in a charity tournament, the free cue is now costing up $200 to fix LOL

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand. Which table do you have now? The GCIV or the Diamond? And did you used to have the GCIV? What happened to it? And why did you change?

r/DCP

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Yep, great form. Arm is perpendicular to perfection :)

How has he done so far at Juniors ?

Last edited:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you, his coach Samm got his mechanics going, we are so lucky to have her as Jins coach. He is after the framework/mechanics that won't limit his future. He definitely puts in his time trying to perfect what he is learning, I'm lucky he is so driven and that we have an awesome coach nearby.

Hey isn't that the kid i watched beat Shane Van Boening?
:D:thumbup:

Congratulations and here's to many a great moments spent on that table. Well done and thanks for sharing.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand. Which table do you have now? The GCIV or the Diamond? And did you used to have the GCIV? What happened to it? And why did you change?

r/DCP

He had the GC and got rid of it and now has the Diamond.
I've seen this young man at Felt several times.
You have to see him play in person,hes pretty good for his age.
He is capable of beating a lot of adult players.

I would like to take a little credit here.
He was on the next table to me and was consistently missing a cut shot on the rail.
I whispered three words and pointed at the object ball to reinforce those words and he immediately picked up on what i said and was making the shot over and over.

I hope that some day when hes inducted into the Billiards Hall Of Fame i get a mention.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to take a little credit here.
He was on the next table to me and was consistently missing a cut shot on the rail.
I whispered three words and pointed at the object ball to reinforce those words and he immediately picked up on what i said and was making the shot over and over.

Were those three words......"Use Some Inside?"

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Hmmm, nice set up, nice table, nice cue, just not digging on the chalk all that much. You think he would like 3 FREE boxes of Magic Chalk sent to him today ?

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Were those three words......"Use Some Inside?"

No it was pretty simple.LOL.
Hit it thinner and i pointed to a spot on the cushion near the ball.
I'm not sure he understands cut induced throw yet.
I dont think hes ready for advanced english yet either.
Hes only 9 years old, but doesn't play like a 9 year old.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So the GC IV was a great playing table but needed new casters as they were in rough shape. Table came from a pool hall and was beat on pretty good. Pockets were more like buckets, made him play a lot more loose as it was hard to miss. With the money I would have paid to get new rails for tighter pockets, and the new casters..... It was a our decision to go with the Diamond, his dream table is a Diamond proam, which of course became my dream/goal to get him one.

Measureman haha.... of course Jin always appreciates your words from here on the forum (I read it to him) and in person. He is 8..... turned 8 on Dec 28th lol.

hang-the-9 - youre absolutely correct, I am looking into options but I will be honest here.... our funds are drained. I just paid the hotels, flights, rental car and such for 4 out of state trips to tournaments. But the flooring is definitely coming up soon on my list of to-do's.

Wyoming Open Juniors
Super Billiard Expo
VNEA Junior Nationals
BEF Nationals

Chicago RJ - 3 boxes of Magic Chalk? He absolutely loves Magic Chalk!! (has used it before) He would be absolutely thrilled

Last edited:

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey isn't that the kid i watched beat Shane Van Boening?
:D:thumbup:

Congratulations and here's to many a great moments spent on that table. Well done and thanks for sharing.

LOL yes we have a youtube video of him playing SVB, it was definitely one of the highlights for Jin!!

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, great form. Arm is perpendicular to perfection :)

How has he done so far at Juniors ?

Last year he had his ups and downs, big learning process as his first time picking up a cue was the end of May 2017. He got in the hot seat this year but had a BIG handicap as he went up against some of colorados best players. He also got 4th once last year in our Sunday tournament which has a tough field of adults. (both 9' table tourneys)

For junior tournaments:
Rawlins High Desert Shootout he was disqualified from Pee Wee division which was 9 and under (he was 7) and bumped to intermediate which was 14 and under. He didn't lose a single match, nor game all day for 8 ball. Took 1st for intermediate.

This year will be exciting as it will set the bar high for him. Not that I want to see him lose..... But I want him to see some really high caliber playing/skills from other juniors across the nation so that it was make him even more motivated.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
So the GC IV was a great playing table but needed new casters as they were in rough shape. Table came from a pool hall and was beat on pretty good. Pockets were more like buckets, made him play a lot more loose as it was hard to miss. With the money I would have paid to get new rails for tighter pockets, and the new casters..... It was a our decision to go with the Diamond, his dream table is a Diamond proam, which of course became my dream/goal to get him one.

Measureman haha.... of course Jin always appreciates your words from here on the forum (I read it to him) and in person. He is 8..... turned 8 on Dec 28th lol.

hang-the-9 - youre absolutely correct, I am looking into options but I will be honest here.... our funds are drained. I just paid the hotels, flights, rental car and such for 4 out of state trips to tournaments. But the flooring is definitely coming up soon on my list of to-do's.

Wyoming Open Juniors
Super Billiard Expo
VNEA Junior Nationals
BEF Nationals

Chicago RJ - 3 boxes of Magic Chalk? He absolutely loves Magic Chalk!! (has used it before) He would be absolutely thrilled

OK, send address and I will ship it out :)