Shaft aiming

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
The Goebbels comment rattled me royally.
That's where I draw the line in "internet arguing". Nothing humorous about that whatsoever.
And I did send in a report about it.
Just an F.Y.I.
Lowenstein.

I don't blame you one bit for being upset and reporting it and I empathize. His ban should have been permanent.

EDIT:
FYI, someone sent a PM to me that was a copy and pasted post from NPR after doing a search. This was another poster from over a year ago who got BANNED for a HATE filled post like Dan White. It was about a year or so ago and he's still banned. I don't know if it's lifetime or not. This is UNBELIEVABLE:

"Blow Israel off the map.
The sooner that garbage piece of junk nazi terrorist state is gone, the better off the world will be.
taking our tax dollars and drawing us in to fight their wars for them while they sit back and laugh at us?
Cut off all aid and watch them shrivel up into nothing then turn it into a plate of glass

Rabid dogs need to be put down."

Last edited:

Capt D

Registered
WOW!!! I'm not a frequent visitor and have posted only a few times. I'm not a great player but I'm not a bad player either. I cash in a few local tournaments occasionally and will pass a dollar or two back and forth from time to time. I use an aiming system of my own that seems to work for me and have been interested in edge of shaft aiming for a time. I saw this thread and thought I might be able to glean some insight but.....as usual some jackwagon has to jump in and turn the thread into some sort of pi$$ing contest.

Brian, I applaud you for defending yourself in a respectful manner even though your statements were not inflammatory and did support using aiming systems (yours and others) how people cant see that, I don't understand unless disrupting a thread is purely intentional or a personal thing between two posters.

We have here, most of the first page contained to the title subject matter, then a discussion about how Shane supposedly pulled everyone's leg (cant say either way) then to the way he manipulates his stroke, then to stroke delivery and on to the experiment Brian did with his wife. Then....LET THE CONTEST BEGIN.

The moderators were called for at one point to no avail. Apparently they like this crap too. It's sad that there are some that only reply only to create waves or just to say something stupid when there are those that are truly interested in a civil intelligent discussion. But then again maybe I'm asking too much.

Flame away if you wish. I know you will!

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
WOW!!! I'm not a frequent visitor and have posted only a few times. I'm not a great player but I'm not a bad player either. I cash in a few local tournaments occasionally and will pass a dollar or two back and forth from time to time. I use an aiming system of my own that seems to work for me and have been interested in edge of shaft aiming for a time. I saw this thread and thought I might be able to glean some insight but.....as usual some jackwagon has to jump in and turn the thread into some sort of pi$$ing contest.

Brian, I applaud you for defending yourself in a respectful manner even though your statements were not inflammatory and did support using aiming systems (yours and others) how people cant see that, I don't understand unless disrupting a thread is purely intentional or a personal thing between two posters.

We have here, most of the first page contained to the title subject matter, then a discussion about how Shane supposedly pulled everyone's leg (cant say either way) then to the way he manipulates his stroke, then to stroke delivery and on to the experiment Brian did with his wife. Then....LET THE CONTEST BEGIN.

The moderators were called for at one point to no avail. Apparently they like this crap too. It's sad that there are some that only reply only to create waves or just to say something stupid when there are those that are truly interested in a civil intelligent discussion. But then again maybe I'm asking too much.

Flame away if you wish. I know you will!

As someone with only 7 posts to his name since signing up, learn not to confine yourself to one thread if it's not informative or turns into some flaming. Then you might even have to throw your 2 cents in to help fuel the fire. Is that what you want to do? Be a part of what you're opposed to? There are plenty of excellent threads over the years on this forum. Seek and yee shall find.

Here's another thread. I just started it this morning. Watch and add to it.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=465614

Capt D

Registered
You are very correct, there are some very good threads on this forum and when I do visit I spend some time and do a lot of reading. The reason that I do not post a lot is that I typically don't have anything new, constructive, or different to add.With that said, does it mean that since I only have a limited number of posts that I have no place in a conversation. And yes I did stoop a bit. This is the only thread that I have posted to in the aiming thread and the only negative post I have made, but then again I digress.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
You are very correct, there are some very good threads on this forum and when I do visit I spend some time and do a lot of reading. The reason that I do not post a lot is that I typically don't have anything new, constructive, or different to add.With that said, does it mean that since I only have a limited number of posts that I have no place in a conversation. And yes I did stoop a bit. This is the only thread that I have posted to in the aiming thread and the only negative post I have made, but then again I digress.

Nobody is implying you don't belong in a conversation. All of us started at zero posts.

Doesn't matter whether you have nothing new, constructive, or different to add.

What do you want to learn and accomplish? Where are you experiencing the most problems with your game? What games do you play the most? Do you have a table at home? What kind and size? How often do you play or practice? Do you use an aiming system? What is it? Tons of questions you can ask.

This is the aiming forum and you might get more action in the main forum. But you're welcome to ask questions here also.