A CTE Video follow up from Stan

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan your videos are awesome, you have my full support as always and I can't wait for the "truth" series, lets make them 20+!!!!!!!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited:

hogie583

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im very excited about the new video series coming up! Show some support and the videos will keep on coming! I think we are in for a real treat! Stan's very passionate about his work.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very much looking forward to it as well, wish you would come back here and post too. To be honest I think all the "nitpickers" miss your videos just as much as those of us who are interested in CTE.
Hope you are well Stan.

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get a Grip

Not necessarily CTE but good information none the less to pass along.
The portion of the video where Stan cocks back his wrist is exactly what Alex Pagulayan does.
I'm going to have to work on that one.

I have a Balance Rite mid cue extension on my cue and I love it. I'm 6'2" and my Ape Index is 6'2". My cue is 62" long and the balance of the cue feels great. Had to have the BR trued buy a local cue maker because the BR is not true, at least mine wasn't.

Custom cues should be built to fit the customers height and feel for balance. IMHO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGUIlp1q44Q

Thanks Stan.

John

Last edited:

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have a keen eye. That's exactly the way the Lion hits 'em.
I also found that Stan's discussion of the "punch stroke" to be a fantastic tool for those cueball on the rail shots where the object ball is a 'mile away' and they're all waiting for you to miss it by a foot so they can laugh.
I put that "punch stroke' to work in practice for two hours straight today in total long distance shots off the rail. What a difference it makes...!!
The lesson to be learned (to me anyway) is that on those CB frozen on or very close to the rail shots, 'punch it' and don't try to 'stroke' it.
I've never seen any of these half ass instructors go into that kind of thing for dealing with those misery shots..........(which we all seem to get left with after the opponent has pooched out the money ball.)
But I don't have too much confidence in instructors anyway.
That man Shuffett is an absolute gold mine of solid information that helps you win the money, in my opinion.
His further videos should be very, very, good.
:thumbup:

Those frozen cb rail shots are more illusion than real, especially when shooting across the table 30-45 degree to the side pocket but it's a straight in. Something about the visual and side rail that makes it hard to see the true line. Perhaps when you angle down to punch, it straightens out your alignment and or the velocity overides the twist most of us get when stroking level.

Hey good stuff about Stan sir and all his videos are good and I know it's going to get better. I support what you said 100% and I was a bit sad to hear stan say there wasn't much support but his videos got a decent amount of views, so it is what it is. Pool is not that popular right now but it's pretty lame when considering some dumb moron picking his nose gets over a million hits.

Stan sir, just let'er rip buddy. You duh man fo sho.

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can someone explain to me the benefits of having your cue ball leave the table on a punch shot?

The idea i believe for the 'stun shot' - especially using a 'punch stroke' down into the table top (micro jumping > like on a break shot), is getting your cuing energy to the OB without having to introduce a lot of unnecessary spin top or bottom (or English Rt or Lt) in order to have CB glance 'cleaner' down the tangent line.

On softer 'punch stroke type micro jumping shots' this technique also might require less spin (or even English) to be applied to the CB to get the desired CB spin energy to the table surface after leaving the back of the OB as the glancing tangent angle is not as effected (if hit on the OB ball equator) than that of rolling spinning CB. This hopping effect (micro jumping if you will) of the CB toward the OB with any additional spin energy applied to the CB (off center hit) will transfer to the table surface down the tangent line (after CB to OB energy absorption as occurred) most efficiently. No spin on the CB (ie punch stroke airborne) will have a different CB effect but all spins and Englishes will be magnified...

If you want to see it first hand (and practice it), there's a real fun game called 'Jacked up 9B' (or 10B).... Its a 9B game were every shot must be shot with the butt of your Cue elevated 20-30 degrees where the punch type stroke at CCB must be used to even be competitive. Try it alone for the 1st 30 minutes or so (it's gunna be hard to 'stay in line' at first yes your gunna be using 2-3 rails for shape sometimes if play hard but you will will develop a stroke toward CCB with the 'punch shot effect'--- Micro jumping--- that will become real easy during normal play later).

Jacked up 9B is a real fun gamble game to... Jacked up shots and hopping stun shot are pretty routine in pool so knowing the rules of 'energy transfer' when applying 'airborne spin is pretty helpful. At the extreme look at spin effects (and accuracy) when different spins are applied to the regular jump shot. Punch stroke in effect 'floats the CB' (hops) across the table surface preventing ball/table frictions.... Its also less controlled but sometimes necessary to land the CB for the next shot.

R

Jacked up 9-B is a must know game. << Punch shot/stroke>> Danny Smith has a very accurate Jacked up game... Oh and so does the new 18yo Klenti that just won Appleton 8B Predator Championship and got 2nd in the US Open 9B behind Shaw...
here he is on FB'
https://www.facebook.com/usopen9bal...001958616380/1473562846026950/?type=3&theater

Very cool graphics here on some of the same..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=82&v=EZsMXXlSvfw

Last edited:

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan please starth the CTE Pro1 truth series, or at least shishkebob part two!!! :)

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ya'll ever seen Stan's son play, watched a few matches with him today, he is pretty good. ?
Beat Earl 15-4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HYQjoHjwL4

He was called a pool prodigy back when he was 7. He was on Ripley's believe it or not and the David Letterman show. By the time he was 10, about when Stan began to start working with Hal Houle's CTE, Landon was already considered one of the most talented child pool players in the country. He had already won numerous tournaments. Stan was also a pro-caliber player. They are both very talented, and their skills and talent supersede CTE. In other words, CTE is not the reason they play great pool. They were great before CTE. It must be in their genes. Lol

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He was called a pool prodigy back when he was 7. He was on Ripley's believe it or not and the David Letterman show. By the time he was 10, about when Stan began to start working with Hal Houle's CTE, Landon was already considered one of the most talented child pool players in the country. He had already won numerous tournaments. Stan was also a pro-caliber player. They are both very talented, and their skills and talent supersede CTE. In other words, CTE is not the reason they play great pool. They were great before CTE. It must be in their genes. Lol

And yet, despite already being great, he fully embraced CTE. .....hmmm......

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

And yet, despite already being great, Max Eberle fully embraced the idea that the Earth is flat... hmmm...

Lou Figueroa

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

Yep. No doubt that the perception gets you in the ball park, very close to the correct line. From there it's experience/judgement, and it's no surprise that better players have more experience and better judgement.

I'm discovering some very interesting mathematical occurrences with Hal's CTE manual pivots. It's fun, good brain exercise, like working sudoku puzzles. :D