I believe I have a really rare Schon cue. Need info

samdegreen

I have a schon ltd636. I've tried reaching out to Schon but i can never get a response. Can anyone give me the value of this cue or any information about it?
This is the only picture I've found of this particular model online.
http://www.cuecanvas.com/single_port...um=15&ccnt=134

PIctures below

IMG_4743.jpg

IMG_4758.jpg

IMG_4745.jpg

IMG_4744.jpg

IMG_4753.jpg

pprice14

Registered
Schon Cue Collectors

If you are on Facebook, look up the FB Group "Schon Cue Collectors." There is a huge community of Schon fanatics, including Evan Clarke, who probably had his hands on making this cue, and that group will be able to give you all the information in the world and resale value (because retail value is not what you're going to get if selling it now).

Good luck!

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Schon charges for that information. I think it's $25 or $35, ridiculous.

I have 7 of those. just kidding.......

I know there have to be people here that can tell you what it is. Failing that,
you might want to check previous "Schon" threads. There are links to collectors websites
and old catalogs, some no longer are working links, but it can be a pretty good resource

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a schon ltd636. I've tried reaching out to Schon but i can never get a response. Can anyone give me the value of this cue or any information about it?
This is the only picture I've found of this particular model online.
http://www.cuecanvas.com/single_port...um=15&ccnt=134

PIctures below

View attachment 478704

View attachment 478705

View attachment 478706

View attachment 478707

View attachment 478708
You might want to try the Schon Cue Collectors FB Group Page. Evan Clarke, maker of Schon Cues for a zillion years (but now retired) often responds to these questions.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
That looks like a CNC inlayed Schon.
How rare are some models ?
Weren't the true spliced Schons more rare nowadays ?

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CNC inlays refers to the method how the wood is cut for the inlays. A machine called a CNC is used to mill out the base wood(s) using a round bit. This tends to made the corners and points rounded off as opposed to a sharp point. This method is a more modern way to build a cue.

Traditionally, inlay pockets are/were cut by hand and the points were spliced into the forearm wood, If you band saw a cue at the points, you will see that the point woods and veneers form 4 V's of the same point wood below the surface of the forearm wood, With CNC points, you will see a very shallow pocket where the points have been glued into like an inlay.

Many feel that the point work done by splicing is more desirable than CNC due to the level of skill it takes to build a cue with spliced points. It takes longer and it is not an exact science.