Reload this Page Another Movie Idea
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Another Movie Idea
Old
  (#1)
TomHay
Best Tips For Less
TomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Talking Another Movie Idea - 09-13-2017, 09:16 AM

Flashback to Color of Money. Tom Cruise looking like his younger self throws all his money on the Pool Table and say's "You won it all Fast Eddie, I'm never going to play pool again" He than throws the Babushka on the table and say's "That was yours Eddie, keep it".

Time forwards and in a number of clips due to the recession you see him aging and being fired, He becomes a homeless drifting alcoholic.

Present day, bearded and grayish he happens on the place him and Eddie first met. He goes up to the Bar, orders a Beer and in the background you hear the break shot of 9-Ball.

The Bartender remarks that guy has a Hell of a break. It makes him think, guzzles down the Beer and says "You think so? Try this" He approaches another Table, racks 9-ball and breaks, the sound of thunder is heard.

He walks back to the bar orders another Beer. The Bartender compliments him and asks his name.

The Bartender says "I was told you someday may come in, I have something left here for you. The Bartender comes back out with an envelope and a Cue Case.

In the envelope is a letter from Fast Eddie whom he just learns he passed away. The Letter reads "Sorry you had to learn the hard way and then memories of when they went on the Road together and Tom starts having flash backs from The Color Of Money. At the end of the read it states there is a key to a Safety Deposit Box for the Bank across the Street in the Cue Case paid up in Tom's name until the next week after. "the end of the note reads - It's only Money Kid, but it's the best game in the World. Bartender asks if he wants another drink, on the House and Tom say's NO.

He goes across the street to the Bank and says he needs to empty his safe deposit box. The Bank manager say's "okay but instructions are you need to verify a question. What type Pool Cue do you play with?" Tom thinks and another Color of Money Flashback where he drops the case and Eddie say's "Be careful that is a Babushka in there. So Tom tell the Manager Babushka.

Tom opens the Safety Deposit Box and there sits the Babushka, and $50,000.00 in cash. A stick on is on top of the money. It reads, it's only money but you were born to be the US Open Champion.

The US Open is eight months away. Tom registers and starts going here to there to Play Pool. Every place he goes people ask him if he wants to Gamble and he says no and as he keeps going people are begging to gamble and Tom keeps saying no.

He finally gets to the Open, clean shaven. Tom goes undefeated to the final match. He is in his Hotel Room and there is a knock on the door. He is told its a bottle of Champagne, on the house. Tom say's "Sorry, I don't drink."

The next morning he wakes up, dresses and grabs his Cue Case. Staring at it he say's "this is for you Fast Eddie."

Tom loses the first four games. The other player remarks in his ear "I have no idea how you made it this far" The guy breaks and makes nothing. To walks over to the other players chair and dusts it off with a napkin. When the player crosses Tom's path To whispers, "I cleaned your chair and you won't need your Cue anymore. Tom breaks and runs out all the games to win. Tom is given the Trophy, flashback to Color of Money where both him and Fast Eddie are smiling at each other.

The screen goes Black, you figure the Movie is over. Screen comes back on. Tom is in the Green Room. Tom says NOW, flashback to Color of Money where Tom does the Martial Art spin with the Cue) does the spin again) any of you Players want to Gamble?

The end

The Price you need, the proven quality your customer deserves
Tom Hay
Email - Tcue@aol.com
Playing Cue - Custom 1999 RT 8 Point
Web Site - Layered Pool Cue Tips

UltraSkinLayered Layered Cue Tips AZ Member
Discounted Prices All USA States click banner below
and SIGN UP NOW for your discounts

Layered Cue Tips Video

Old
  (#2)
Qaddiction
AzB Silver Member
Qaddiction has a reputation beyond reputeQaddiction has a reputation beyond reputeQaddiction has a reputation beyond reputeQaddiction has a reputation beyond reputeQaddiction has a reputation beyond reputeQaddiction has a reputation beyond reputeQaddiction has a reputation beyond reputeQaddiction has a reputation beyond reputeQaddiction has a reputation beyond reputeQaddiction has a reputation beyond reputeQaddiction has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2017, 09:23 AM

Fun read. Well written. What's the hold up, start filming!

ACTION!!!!!!

Old
  (#3)
mchnhed
AzB Silver Mentalist
mchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2017, 09:33 AM

Good story line and an ending!
Add it here, please.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=454313

Shoot Pool
Not People

Old
  (#4)
easy-e
AzB Silver Member
easy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

09-13-2017, 09:52 AM

That would never happen if 9-ball was alternate break.

Old
  (#5)
Coop1701
AzB Silver Member
Coop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to Coop1701  
09-13-2017, 10:35 AM

I like it.. Make a movie trailer now.

Playing Cue: OB RB - 1 Name: Mark XLII

Break Cue: Black OB Rift Name: Blackfyre

Case: JB Butterfly

Old
  (#6)
michael4
AzB Silver Member
michael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2017, 11:34 AM

very nice, but too predictable, you should add some unexpected twists and turns.... IMHO

also add some car chases and computer generated graphics, like all the current movies have

Edit - make sure to cast Sofia Vergara as the love interest.....

Old
  (#7)
TomHay
Best Tips For Less
TomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael4 View Post
very nice, but too predictable, you should add some unexpected twists and turns.... IMHO

also add some car chases and computer generated graphics, like all the current movies have
We just did on Facebook. The Bartender is 22 - 23 years old, goes with Tom and at the end tells him "My Dad would be proud.

Improve or add and subtract.Thanks :

Tom Hay
Email - Tcue@aol.com

Layered Cue Tips Video

Old
  (#8)
Bavafongoul
AzB Silver Member
Bavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-13-2017, 03:54 PM

Let it rest....a sequel to a sequel for what was two tremendous films is a pathway to disappointment.

Better to invest the effort in a new film for a new genre of younger pool players than revisit nostalgia.

"My Pool Cues"

*Bob Owen Custom- Level 8 (s/d 4-24-16) - Flat Ivory Joint
*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 6 (s/d 5-4-16) - Flat Ivory Joint

*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 8 (s/d 2-23-15) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Ed Prewitt Custom '05 - Level 8 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Bob Owen Custom - Level 8 (s/d 5-4-14) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Tim Scruggs Custom (9-6-95) Level 7 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Runde Schon '85 Custom "R" Series (1 of 1)
*Palmer (Original) - '72 (All Cocobolo Wood)

Old
  (#9)
TomHay
Best Tips For Less

09-13-2017, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavafongoul View Post
Let it rest....a sequel to a sequel for what was two tremendous films is a pathway to disappointment.

Better to invest the effort in a new film for a new genre of younger pool players than revisit nostalgia.
I am not arguing, I know what your saying, but, I think Iron Man 3 did over a Billion and how many Spiderman reboots will they do.

Lethel Weapon and Die Hard as well.

I think it is more of what the writers can do, Director can direct and the Stars can act.

Tom Hay
Email - Tcue@aol.com

Layered Cue Tips Video

Old
  (#10)
mvp
AzB Silver Member
mvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2017, 05:05 PM

I always thought Tom would receive a certified letter leading him to a will reading where he inherited some cash and eddies personal cue that fats gave him. Then struggles and wins the open at the end (rehash a days of thunder type story)

I get that some ppl on here think we should let the series die off, but for me personally I love movies, books etc. its just fun to think about lol

Old
  (#11)
West Point 1987
On the Hill, Out of Gas
West Point 1987 has a reputation beyond reputeWest Point 1987 has a reputation beyond reputeWest Point 1987 has a reputation beyond reputeWest Point 1987 has a reputation beyond reputeWest Point 1987 has a reputation beyond reputeWest Point 1987 has a reputation beyond reputeWest Point 1987 has a reputation beyond reputeWest Point 1987 has a reputation beyond reputeWest Point 1987 has a reputation beyond reputeWest Point 1987 has a reputation beyond reputeWest Point 1987 has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2017, 05:14 PM

Pretty cool! It's got a lot of plot points from the actual TCOM book, closer to Tevis' story than the TCOM movie was. You know what would be fun? Someone start with an opening scene, then AZB'ers add plot points one at a time. The bizarre twists and turns would be funny with each added plot point. Who knows? We could actually write a script here that actually gets made!

Bill "Woodeye" Woods
What's in my (Instroke) Case?
Playing Cue: Gulyassy PHX, with SPT shaft
Jump/Break: McDermott Stinger NGO1

Other Cues Owned:
-R- 26 1/2 Tribute cue w/Gulyassy SPTX Shaft
Schon SL19/STL17 (retired, again )
Joss J15 (stolen)
Joss J11 (was a break cue for 15 years, now my son's player)
McDermott D-8 (sold, 1989)
McDermott D-23 (sold, 1991)
McDermott D-6 (sold, 1990)
GEM (Gary Medlin) Szambotti Tribute (retired)

Old
  (#12)
Ken_4fun
AzB Silver Member
Ken_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2017, 05:16 PM

I'd rather see the Keith McCready Story.....

Now that would be a movie.

Ken

Current cues - Balabushka, Gus Szamboti, Gus Szamboti Hoppe, Schick, Pfd, BHQ Butterfly and Rick Howard J/B.

Cases - Jack Justis, Fellini, Fellini, Fellini, JB Case.

Watchez is the teacher

" Pool was once my passion, then it was my job, and now it is my sentence."

Mark Wilson's Lindenwood University? Soon to be renamed to the Mosconi Cup Breeding Factory - KoolKat9Lives

Old
  (#13)
mvp
AzB Silver Member
mvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond reputemvp has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_4fun View Post

Ken
I would love a Keith or earl movie as long as it was done Forrest Gump style using young to older actors lol

Old
  (#14)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2017, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_4fun View Post

Ken
He could end up road partners with his old rival Grady Seasons

Old
  (#15)
ceebee
AzB Silver Member
ceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700
  Send a message via Skype™ to ceebee 
09-14-2017, 11:58 AM

Where do I buy a ticket... that is very very good, anybody that can spell POOL, & some others too, will be ready for the opening day...

Add a twist in there, where the Bushka ferrule cracks & no one knows where to get some Ivory & the same kind of Leather Tip... That will have them in a dither for a day or two...

ceebee
USMC- Ret.
www.breakrak.com
918-543-6600
SKYPE charley.bond.inola
Every game Starts with the Break Shot

Last edited by ceebee; 09-14-2017 at 12:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: