Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Panjo and Marketplace changes part 2
Page 1 of 7 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Panjo and Marketplace changes part 2
Old
  (#1)
AzHousePro
Administrator
AzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2428

Panjo and Marketplace changes part 2 - 11-25-2014, 08:15 PM

OK gang, after reading the (constructive) feedback from users and mulling over some options that I think can still accomplish what we want to do here, I have removed the requirement to use Panjo for new items being posted.

Panjo is still there, partly because there are a number of items in there and I don't want the people who are selling those items to lose them in there. If you want to post an item in Panjo, you will have to click the "sell an item" button in there. If you want to just post an item on the forums, feel free.

Now for what I am thinking about doing...

We can limit the # of threads that someone can create in the for sale area based on their user type. I am leaning towards the following system:

Bronze Members can create 2 new threads in the wanted/for sale area every 30 days
Silver Members can create 5 new threads in the wanted/for sale area every 30 days
Gold Members can create 20 new threads in the wanted/for sale area every 30 days

I might consider a "business member" account type that has a much higher limit, if any.

It has been suggested that we only allow the original poster to reply to a thread. If buyers have questions, they can send them to the poster via pm. That change would do away with the bump scamming and then we could go back to showing the last active threads at the top of the forums. We would still only allow bumping every 48 hours with the possibility of limiting silver members to a bump every 72 hours. It is just a thought.

I am opening this up for discussion and I will read each and every post in this thread. I want actual constructive discussion though.

The first post that says "Change Bad. Make it like it used to be. You suck. Team USA is going to lose because of you" will end up taking a vacation from the forums. If you think I am talking about you here, you are right Coco.

Name: Mike
Cue: Layani w/ Predator Shaft
Break Cue: X-Breaker
Hours of pool: Not enough
Cue Collection: Bludworth

Old
  (#2)
tonyboy59
tonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-25-2014, 08:21 PM

I like what what you've stated so far...good first start!

Mike
Old
  (#3)
itzel0101
buyselltradecues
itzel0101 has a reputation beyond reputeitzel0101 has a reputation beyond reputeitzel0101 has a reputation beyond reputeitzel0101 has a reputation beyond reputeitzel0101 has a reputation beyond reputeitzel0101 has a reputation beyond reputeitzel0101 has a reputation beyond reputeitzel0101 has a reputation beyond reputeitzel0101 has a reputation beyond reputeitzel0101 has a reputation beyond reputeitzel0101 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Mike - 11-25-2014, 08:24 PM

That's a good idea

buyselltradecues@yahoo.com

Txt me for any questions (562) 205 -6278 if you need better pics too

Old
  (#4)
krbsailing
AzB Silver Member
krbsailing has a reputation beyond reputekrbsailing has a reputation beyond reputekrbsailing has a reputation beyond reputekrbsailing has a reputation beyond reputekrbsailing has a reputation beyond reputekrbsailing has a reputation beyond reputekrbsailing has a reputation beyond reputekrbsailing has a reputation beyond reputekrbsailing has a reputation beyond reputekrbsailing has a reputation beyond reputekrbsailing has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

11-25-2014, 08:24 PM

Hi Mike,

I like the idea of only allowing the person posting the link to be able to bump the thread every 48 hours or whatever; and, I think asking questions about an item can be done easily via PMs.

Limiting the number of threads based upon a membership level makes sense too.

Didn't feel the need for the Panjo complication ~ it was confusing

Happy Thanksgiving,

Ken

Playing Cues: Dave Jones, Ron Waller J/B & KRB Jumper
Other Cues: -R-'s, Scrugg's, Tad, Tascarella, Zyler, Murrell, Huebler's, Adams and a Viking

PictureArchives http://imgur.com/a/CLbzb

4$ale http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=97734

Old
  (#5)
asiasdad
Locked and loaded
asiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2425

11-25-2014, 08:28 PM

Good thoughts Mike,

I still believe you could create a platinum member level of
membership as well as the Business Partner level.

I like the idea of Silver getting 5 listings a month. That should be
some incentive for some to step up to at least gold.

I also like the 72 hour bump restriction on silver and bronze with
the 48 hour on gold and above.

The idea that only the OP can bump a thread will completely
eliminate the useless nut hugging bumps.

And best of all I like the idea of not being required
to use Panjo.

Danny

Old
  (#6)
pooldawg8
My Pride and Joy
pooldawg8 has a reputation beyond reputepooldawg8 has a reputation beyond reputepooldawg8 has a reputation beyond reputepooldawg8 has a reputation beyond reputepooldawg8 has a reputation beyond reputepooldawg8 has a reputation beyond reputepooldawg8 has a reputation beyond reputepooldawg8 has a reputation beyond reputepooldawg8 has a reputation beyond reputepooldawg8 has a reputation beyond reputepooldawg8 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

11-25-2014, 08:35 PM

Your doing a great job Mike & I like your ideas of the new rules for the WFS section, makes a lot of sense.
Take care & have a Happy Turkey day sir.
Jeff

Old
  (#7)
blackpearlmaker
Caliper User......
blackpearlmaker has a reputation beyond reputeblackpearlmaker has a reputation beyond reputeblackpearlmaker has a reputation beyond reputeblackpearlmaker has a reputation beyond reputeblackpearlmaker has a reputation beyond reputeblackpearlmaker has a reputation beyond reputeblackpearlmaker has a reputation beyond reputeblackpearlmaker has a reputation beyond reputeblackpearlmaker has a reputation beyond reputeblackpearlmaker has a reputation beyond reputeblackpearlmaker has a reputation beyond repute

11-25-2014, 08:42 PM

I like more the idea on here...more organize and definitely can help the community..Well done Mike as usual..All the best.

“Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.”

W.C.

Old
  (#8)
Kot_Bigemot
AzB Silver Member
Kot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Skype™ to Kot_Bigemot 
11-25-2014, 08:50 PM

Here is my 2c:
1. Limit for sale/trade postings to Gold members only. That will make some 'free riders" buy gold membership.
2. Bumps should only be allowed by OP. No "nice cue", "PM sent", "can not believe it is still here" etc. crap.
3. Modify "For sale section":
Custom cues under 1K
Custom cues 1-3K
Custom cues 3K & UP
Production cues.
Cases, tips, accessories etc.
4. Ban people that create double/triple posts on same product.
Mike, Jerry, if I can help with anything, please do let me know. I will be more than happy to contribute 2-3 hours per day.

Only two things are infinite; The Universe and Human Stupidity, and I'm not sure about the Universe -Albert Einstein.

Last edited by Kot_Bigemot; 11-25-2014 at 08:55 PM.

AZ WFS Section
Old
  (#9)
ga9ball
South West Buyer!
ga9ball has a reputation beyond reputega9ball has a reputation beyond reputega9ball has a reputation beyond reputega9ball has a reputation beyond reputega9ball has a reputation beyond reputega9ball has a reputation beyond reputega9ball has a reputation beyond reputega9ball has a reputation beyond reputega9ball has a reputation beyond reputega9ball has a reputation beyond reputega9ball has a reputation beyond repute

AZ WFS Section - 11-25-2014, 08:52 PM

Mike, thank you for all your efforts to make AZ the number one place for all Pool enthusiasts to come and enjoy buying, selling, and trading their goods.

Anything I can do to help, just ask.
Greg

AMERICAN CUE PICKERS ON FACEBOOK

https://www.facebook.com/americancuepickers?ref=hl
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1433532830024708
GREG ANTONAKOS
SERIOUS BUYER/COLLECTOR OF SOUTH WEST CUES

Will take South West on consignment
Contact Info:ga9ball@gmail.com

845-489-4122

Old
  (#10)
AzHousePro
Administrator
AzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2428

11-25-2014, 09:07 PM

Item 1: I don't mind the free riders when they jump on and post one item and go. I think most of those users are really people who just want to sell on item and then disappear. I don't mind that sort of thing that much.

Item 3: Looking for other feedback on this idea. Would it just make it that much harder for people to scan the for sale items if there were more subforums?

Item 4: Limiting the # of threads a user can create would most likely do away with this issue. I think it mostly users trying to get around the no bump policy.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kot_Bigemot View Post
Here is my 2c:
1. Limit for sale/trade postings to Gold members only. That will make some 'free riders" buy gold membership.
2. Bumps should only be allowed by OP. No "nice cue", "PM sent", "can not believe it is still here" etc. crap.
3. Modify "For sale section":
Custom cues under 1K
Custom cues 1-3K
Custom cues 3K & UP
Production cues.
Cases, tips, accessories etc.
4. Ban people that create double/triple posts on same product.
Mike, Jerry, if I can help with anything, please do let me know. I will be more than happy to contribute 2-3 hours per day.

Name: Mike
Cue: Layani w/ Predator Shaft
Break Cue: X-Breaker
Hours of pool: Not enough
Cue Collection: Bludworth

Old
  (#11)
Kot_Bigemot
AzB Silver Member
Kot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Skype™ to Kot_Bigemot 
11-25-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzHousePro View Post
Item 1: I don't mind the free riders when they jump on and post one item and go. I think most of those users are really people who just want to sell on item and then disappear. I don't mind that sort of thing that much.
Agreed. I do not mind those either but, I DO MIND the guys that make a killing on here and when asked to buy Gold membership just laugh at you - why buy when we can sell for free.

Quote:
Item 3: Looking for other feedback on this idea. Would it just make it that much harder for people to scan the for sale items if there were more subforums?
I think people will appreciate it more. If you are looking for a 1K cue, you really do not want to browse through 10-12 McDermott cues or 10-20 Meucci. And vice versa.

Mike[/QUOTE]

Only two things are infinite; The Universe and Human Stupidity, and I'm not sure about the Universe -Albert Einstein.

Old
  (#12)
tofer26
AzB Silver Member
tofer26 has a reputation beyond reputetofer26 has a reputation beyond reputetofer26 has a reputation beyond reputetofer26 has a reputation beyond reputetofer26 has a reputation beyond reputetofer26 has a reputation beyond reputetofer26 has a reputation beyond reputetofer26 has a reputation beyond reputetofer26 has a reputation beyond reputetofer26 has a reputation beyond reputetofer26 has a reputation beyond repute

11-25-2014, 09:30 PM

This idea makes a lot more sense! Very much in agreement with it and to setting the limits.

Does this also mean dealers can post anything again, or only new items not offered on Seyberts? If not, can we have a dealers section as well so we can sell all of our items?

Great Plan!!!
Old
  (#13)
bassin91
AzB Silver Member
bassin91 has a reputation beyond reputebassin91 has a reputation beyond reputebassin91 has a reputation beyond reputebassin91 has a reputation beyond reputebassin91 has a reputation beyond reputebassin91 has a reputation beyond reputebassin91 has a reputation beyond reputebassin91 has a reputation beyond reputebassin91 has a reputation beyond reputebassin91 has a reputation beyond reputebassin91 has a reputation beyond repute

Great Plan!!! - 11-25-2014, 09:33 PM

I like every aspect of your proposed plan. I would suggest bumps every 72 hours and the sub-forum idea is good but I would keep it simple. Maybe Production cue, Custom Cue, Cases, Accessories? The fact that only the OP can bump is the best part of the whole deal. You guys do a great job and I have always enjoyed the site. Thank you for that.

Last edited by bassin91; 11-25-2014 at 11:13 PM.

Old
  (#14)
greytop
AzB Silver Member
greytop has a reputation beyond reputegreytop has a reputation beyond reputegreytop has a reputation beyond reputegreytop has a reputation beyond reputegreytop has a reputation beyond reputegreytop has a reputation beyond reputegreytop has a reputation beyond reputegreytop has a reputation beyond reputegreytop has a reputation beyond reputegreytop has a reputation beyond reputegreytop has a reputation beyond repute

11-25-2014, 09:44 PM

looking at what you are doing to improve AZB at this time makes good sense...thanks

Old
  (#15)
asiasdad
Locked and loaded
asiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2425

11-25-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:

Item 3: Looking for other feedback on this idea. Would it just make it that much harder for people to scan the for sale items if there were more sub forums?
Mike
The reason why I believe the sub forums based on listing price is a good idea
is it permits more items to remain at the top of their respective sub forum for
a longer period of time.

I would alter Kots' break down in this manner

Cues under $500
Cues 500 to 1000
Cues 1000 to 3000
Cues over 3000

I would not separate production from custom. The production cues would
fall primarily into the first two categories

Most of the action here is in the 1000 to 3000 range which would make it
the larger / most viewed sub forum.

Honestly though, I would probably look at all the sub forums anyway, it
would just be great to have the cues grouped by price..

Page 1 of 7 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: