Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Panjo and Marketplace changes part 2
Page 2 of 7 12 34 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#16)
The Renfro
Outsville.com
The Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-25-2014, 10:09 PM

Mike since I would be one of the guys posting in the "other" areas I really don't see a problem and realize the area I will be in will likely have less overall traffic than the cue area but from an organizational standpoint I think it's great... You can look for what is on your mind... And since you are doing a subsection I would likely go further....

Cues: $499 and under
Cues: $500 to $2499
Cues: $2500 and up
Cues: Jump, Break and Masse

Cases (yes all by itself... If you just bought a cue you know you are going straight in.. They don't belong with the cues and because of price point they don't belong in the accessories)

Tables, Lights and Man Cave Furnishings

Accessories, Balls, Books and DVDs

I think you may actually see more postings if it was done this way... People don't list items if they don't think there will be a decent market since they will be pushed off the front page in a few hours... This way at least they are in a section people will dig thru if they need something now... Like a table light... I have been looking for months but nothing has caused me to go wow and I don't dig thru the for sale looking because I doubt I will find any based on experience.....

Chris

Get off the layered tip bandwagon. Ki-Tech!!!

Outsville.com

Old
  (#17)
MnHunter
AzB Silver Member
MnHunter has a reputation beyond reputeMnHunter has a reputation beyond reputeMnHunter has a reputation beyond reputeMnHunter has a reputation beyond reputeMnHunter has a reputation beyond reputeMnHunter has a reputation beyond reputeMnHunter has a reputation beyond reputeMnHunter has a reputation beyond reputeMnHunter has a reputation beyond reputeMnHunter has a reputation beyond reputeMnHunter has a reputation beyond repute

11-25-2014, 10:11 PM

I really like the changes you are proposing. I do like kots idea of separating cues though at a minimum to 1k and under, over 1k and cases &accessories sections

Old
  (#18)
fk39673
AzB Silver Member
fk39673 has a reputation beyond reputefk39673 has a reputation beyond reputefk39673 has a reputation beyond reputefk39673 has a reputation beyond reputefk39673 has a reputation beyond reputefk39673 has a reputation beyond reputefk39673 has a reputation beyond reputefk39673 has a reputation beyond reputefk39673 has a reputation beyond reputefk39673 has a reputation beyond reputefk39673 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-25-2014, 10:33 PM

Separating the Cues from cases and books/videos/accessories is a great idea.

How about Under For Sale section

Subforum 1 : Cues
Sub-sub-forum -> Cues 1.00 to 500.00
Sub-sub-forum -> Cues 500.00 to 1000
Sub-sub-forum -> Cues Over 1000

Subforum 2: Cases, Accessories, Books, Videos, and other stuff

Plain and simple: Even though I am not a subscriber at the moment, I support Only gold members being able to open 5+ sales listings. Specially since I will become gold ASAP (get a job or improve financially otherwise).

Please also allow OP to delete the thread once the item is sold.

For Sale changes
Old
  (#19)
dawgcpa
AzB Silver Member

dawgcpa has a reputation beyond reputedawgcpa has a reputation beyond reputedawgcpa has a reputation beyond reputedawgcpa has a reputation beyond reputedawgcpa has a reputation beyond reputedawgcpa has a reputation beyond reputedawgcpa has a reputation beyond reputedawgcpa has a reputation beyond reputedawgcpa has a reputation beyond reputedawgcpa has a reputation beyond reputedawgcpa has a reputation beyond repute

For Sale changes - 11-26-2014, 06:21 AM

Ok, you mentioned only letting the original poster bump the thread and that is a start. Will they only be able to bump every 48 hours or will it still be on an honor system? Some on here don't get it and won't do it unless the time limit is installed. I say no to the subforums. The same people are going to complain about no action if they have to go to several forums. Thanks for trying to keep it sane.

Old
  (#20)
peterskw
AzB Gold Member
peterskw has a reputation beyond reputepeterskw has a reputation beyond reputepeterskw has a reputation beyond reputepeterskw has a reputation beyond reputepeterskw has a reputation beyond reputepeterskw has a reputation beyond reputepeterskw has a reputation beyond reputepeterskw has a reputation beyond reputepeterskw has a reputation beyond reputepeterskw has a reputation beyond reputepeterskw has a reputation beyond repute

11-26-2014, 06:22 AM

Mike,

I think all these changes are great. You've nailed it!!!

And I think the USA might win the Mosconi Cup because of you!!!

KP

Old
  (#21)
bobco729
bobco729
bobco729 has a reputation beyond reputebobco729 has a reputation beyond reputebobco729 has a reputation beyond reputebobco729 has a reputation beyond reputebobco729 has a reputation beyond reputebobco729 has a reputation beyond reputebobco729 has a reputation beyond reputebobco729 has a reputation beyond reputebobco729 has a reputation beyond reputebobco729 has a reputation beyond reputebobco729 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

11-26-2014, 07:44 AM

Great ideas Mike. Count me in. p.s. I think Kot has great ideas too. Just thought of this. If a person lists an item in the WFS section without a price either posted or requested by p.m. they should recieve one warning and then thread should be deleted.
"country" Bob

Last edited by bobco729; 11-26-2014 at 07:55 AM.

Old
  (#22)
tonyboy59
tonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond reputetonyboy59 has a reputation beyond repute

11-26-2014, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterskw View Post
Mike,

I think all these changes are great. You've nailed it!!!

And I think the USA might win the Mosconi Cup because of you!!!

KP
You may be too hopeful on the second part...

Old
  (#23)
CocoboloCowboy
AzB Silver Member
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

11-26-2014, 07:56 AM

I just hit the Post A New Thread Button, SEVERAL TIMES, what I got looks like the OLD VERSION,

Before Panjo. It think a new way of accessing the For Sale Section, or just a fluke?

BTW posting Cue in categories is also a good idea,

Cues: $499 and under

Cues: $500 to $2499

Cues: $2500 and up

Cues: Jump, Break and Masse

Last edited by CocoboloCowboy; 11-26-2014 at 08:02 AM.

I am all for anything that improves this sight.
Old
  (#24)
nick serdula
AzB Gold Member
nick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond repute

I am all for anything that improves this sight. - 11-26-2014, 08:03 AM

Thank you for your fine efforts here. Niko is a great communicator and very helpful.
Thanks again,
Nick

maybe its just me
Old
  (#25)
desi2960
AzB Silver Member
desi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond repute

maybe its just me - 11-26-2014, 08:06 AM

i did not know you had changed back, i just listed a cue the old way and it was much easier.

i am open to any way you can make it best for everyone, to me it seems the biggest problems are the dealers and flippers. i personally don't see anything wrong with NO BUMPING ------ ever

just an observation
Old
  (#26)
desi2960
AzB Silver Member
desi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond repute

just an observation - 11-26-2014, 08:46 AM

i placed a cue for sale this morning, and decided to check it out. i noticed there was a seller that had been a member 1 year that had sold about the same amount of cues that i have in 9 years.

he had 4 cues for sale, do you think this guy might be a cue dealer or flipper ?

Old
  (#27)
AzHousePro
Administrator
AzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2428

11-26-2014, 09:04 AM

They would still only be able to bump every 48 hours.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgcpa View Post
Ok, you mentioned only letting the original poster bump the thread and that is a start. Will they only be able to bump every 48 hours or will it still be on an honor system? Some on here don't get it and won't do it unless the time limit is installed. I say no to the subforums. The same people are going to complain about no action if they have to go to several forums. Thanks for trying to keep it sane.

Name: Mike
Cue: Layani w/ Predator Shaft
Break Cue: X-Breaker
Hours of pool: Not enough
Cue Collection: Bludworth

Old
  (#28)
Kot_Bigemot
AzB Silver Member
Kot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Skype™ to Kot_Bigemot 
11-26-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzHousePro View Post
They would still only be able to bump every 48 hours.

Mike

I would suggest setup automatic warning to be sent to OP if bumped before 48 hrs. Not to ban but, to warn.
And I agree on other poster's suggestion - only OP can bump the post to the first page. Allow as many comments as people want, just make sure those comments do not bump the post to first page.

Only two things are infinite; The Universe and Human Stupidity, and I'm not sure about the Universe -Albert Einstein.

Old
  (#29)
AzHousePro
Administrator
AzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2428

11-26-2014, 09:15 AM

Unfortunately, we have to choose one. We can't set it so that only OP posts bump the thread. So either we allow anyone to reply and every reply bumps it, or we only allow OP to reply and his posts bump it.

We can however, limit OP to only being able to post every 48 hours.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kot_Bigemot View Post

I would suggest setup automatic warning to be sent to OP if bumped before 48 hrs. Not to ban but, to warn.
And I agree on other poster's suggestion - only OP can bump the post to the first page. Allow as many comments as people want, just make sure those comments do not bump the post to first page.

Name: Mike
Cue: Layani w/ Predator Shaft
Break Cue: X-Breaker
Hours of pool: Not enough
Cue Collection: Bludworth

Old
  (#30)
Kot_Bigemot
AzB Silver Member
Kot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Skype™ to Kot_Bigemot 
11-26-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzHousePro View Post
Unfortunately, we have to choose one. We can't set it so that only OP posts bump the thread. So either we allow anyone to reply and every reply bumps it, or we only allow OP to reply and his posts bump it.

We can however, limit OP to only being able to post every 48 hours.

Mike
In this case, I would allow just OP to post and bump. And yes, only once in 48 hrs.
And in my opinion it would be a more logical option for few reasons:
1. No more "nice cue GLWS" crap.
2. OP posts all contact info and that is all needed to negotiate or ask a question.
3. It will be less bumping overall.

Only two things are infinite; The Universe and Human Stupidity, and I'm not sure about the Universe -Albert Einstein.

Page 2 of 7 12 34 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: