Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Panjo and Marketplace changes part 2
Page 5 of 7 « First 345 67

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#61)
goatroper
AzB Bronze Member
goatroper has a reputation beyond reputegoatroper has a reputation beyond reputegoatroper has a reputation beyond reputegoatroper has a reputation beyond reputegoatroper has a reputation beyond reputegoatroper has a reputation beyond reputegoatroper has a reputation beyond reputegoatroper has a reputation beyond reputegoatroper has a reputation beyond reputegoatroper has a reputation beyond reputegoatroper has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-28-2014, 01:22 PM

i dont agree on the sub forum , from a buyers point of view , it takes me 10 seconds if that to see every thing for sale............i might not be in the market for a 1500.00 dollar cue but i see it advertised and i have to have it , and buy it . Stores dont make it hard to find items for sale , they make it easier.......or i wasnt looking for an accessory , but i viewed it when i was looking for a cue , and then i buy it............i like the feature that exists where if im looking for a Runde cue for sale i use the search feature , if im looking for a whitten cue case for sale , the search feature makes it easy for the buyer. the problem i see if im looking for a 1000.00 to 2000.00 cue it might advertised in 500.00 to a 1000.00 section , it would be easy for the buyer to miss a cue they want..........i dont think that would be good for the seller or the buyer...........i buy my cues based on if i like or want a specific cue not on whether its a cue from a certain price range ......ive bought several cues on here just browsing the " for sale" section , i wasnt even in the market for a cue , but just happen to see it and bought it..........i dont see myself or a lot of other people going to each subforum to brows just to see what is for sale........." one stop shopping" works great..... AZ Billiards has been a great place to purchase and feed my pool habit , ive bought some great items on here , and met some great people...........!!! Thanks for listening to my two cents worth .

Old
  (#62)
snowmon34
AzB Silver Member
snowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 7150

11-28-2014, 04:47 PM

Mike,

It looks great, but I'm not a fan of sub forums at this point..

The Wanted/For Sale needs action, and there aren't enough sellers now to keep page 1 moving.. Your going to see a slower forum Now with the OP being the only person able to bump a thread every 48 hours..

If you absolutely have to create a sub forum put the Ebay, and Wanted guys together..

I've found Ebay for the most part to be a dumping ground (No offense Kevin, you were one of the few exceptions)

After 6 years of replying to hundreds of the Wanted guys I've found that 95% of the guys starting a thread looking for something particular are Jack-offs (no offense to the 5%) .. I quit replying to these types of threads 2 years ago..

Old
  (#63)
snowmon34
AzB Silver Member
snowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond reputesnowmon34 has a reputation beyond repute

11-28-2014, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatroper View Post
i dont agree on the sub forum , from a buyers point of view , it takes me 10 seconds if that to see every thing for sale............i might not be in the market for a 1500.00 dollar cue but i see it advertised and i have to have it , and buy it . Stores dont make it hard to find items for sale , they make it easier.......or i wasnt looking for an accessory , but i viewed it when i was looking for a cue , and then i buy it............i like the feature that exists where if im looking for a Runde cue for sale i use the search feature , if im looking for a whitten cue case for sale , the search feature makes it easy for the buyer. the problem i see if im looking for a 1000.00 to 2000.00 cue it might advertised in 500.00 to a 1000.00 section , it would be easy for the buyer to miss a cue they want..........i dont think that would be good for the seller or the buyer...........i buy my cues based on if i like or want a specific cue not on whether its a cue from a certain price range ......ive bought several cues on here just browsing the " for sale" section , i wasnt even in the market for a cue , but just happen to see it and bought it..........i dont see myself or a lot of other people going to each subforum to brows just to see what is for sale........." one stop shopping" works great..... AZ Billiards has been a great place to purchase and feed my pool habit , ive bought some great items on here , and met some great people...........!!! Thanks for listening to my two cents worth .
Great post!!! You get it!!!

Old
  (#64)
snowmon34
AzB Silver Member

11-28-2014, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by classiccues View Post
Once its back to a better place can we remove or consolidate the stickey's? Maybe get it down to 3 or 4...

JV
Great Idea JV !!

Bumping
Old
  (#65)
dawgcpa
AzB Silver Member

dawgcpa has a reputation beyond reputedawgcpa has a reputation beyond reputedawgcpa has a reputation beyond reputedawgcpa has a reputation beyond reputedawgcpa has a reputation beyond reputedawgcpa has a reputation beyond reputedawgcpa has a reputation beyond reputedawgcpa has a reputation beyond reputedawgcpa has a reputation beyond reputedawgcpa has a reputation beyond reputedawgcpa has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Bumping - 11-30-2014, 07:03 AM

Well we are back at it. 12 of the 25 threads on the first page were bumped there by someone who is not the original poster. I get to see the same cues over and over again. Glad you guys got the action you so desperately longed for....

Old
  (#66)
Kot_Bigemot
AzB Silver Member
Kot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Skype™ to Kot_Bigemot 
11-30-2014, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgcpa View Post
Well we are back at it. 12 of the 25 threads on the first page were bumped there by someone who is not the original poster. I get to see the same cues over and over again. Glad you guys got the action you so desperately longed for....
I have to agree. A**holes are bumping their friend's posts.....again.
How about this? You bump a post, you get some sort of penalty. Say, ban for a week? Or to post for a week?
Something needs to be done.
I still think that idea of ONLY OP allowed to bump is the best.

Only two things are infinite; The Universe and Human Stupidity, and I'm not sure about the Universe -Albert Einstein.

Old
  (#67)
Kot_Bigemot
AzB Silver Member
Kot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond repute

11-30-2014, 07:24 AM

Quote:
And here are some examples:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showth...43#post4986943
Yeah, that cue is so beautiful.....You just had to post it to bump the threat! REALLY?????
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showth...47#post4986947
Another one.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showth...17#post4986717
Everyone must know he got some chalk...
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showth...74#post4986474
Yeah, like nobody knows who the cue maker is....PLEASE!

And the list can go on. Meaningless, UNNECESSARY bumps.

Now, here is what I would suggest we all put in our for sale posts. Great idea. Right in description.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=383228

Only two things are infinite; The Universe and Human Stupidity, and I'm not sure about the Universe -Albert Einstein.

Old
  (#68)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

11-30-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
You can change the thread sorting order to "Thread Start Time" to see all the new threads at the top.

As for the "spam bumping" going on, perhaps Mike is still in the process of lining up additional moderators who will address these bumpers with warnings or bannings.

Old
  (#69)
AzHousePro
Administrator
AzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2428

12-01-2014, 03:55 AM

OK, it looks like we are still up in the air over proposed subforum changes.

I don't see any real push-back on the "only OPs can bump threads" change, so it is done.

Mike

Name: Mike
Cue: Layani w/ Predator Shaft
Break Cue: X-Breaker
Hours of pool: Not enough
Cue Collection: Bludworth

Old
  (#70)
AzHousePro
Administrator
AzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond repute

12-01-2014, 04:59 AM

Moving this out to the main forum, because the new bump rules also apply to this thread.

Mike

Old
  (#71)
cueaddicts
AzB Gold Member
cueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 12000

12-01-2014, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzHousePro View Post
Moving this out to the main forum, because the new bump rules also apply to this thread.

Mike
Mike, would the same hold true for the other sticky threads (like buyer/seller transaction report)? Also, any way possible to get the "rules stickies" combined or condensed? There are a lot and it would greatly clean up the look of that part of the forum to do that, imo.

cueaddicts.weebly.com

"Competitive golf is played mainly on a five-and-a-half-inch course, the space between your ears."
—Robert T. Jones.........(The same can also be said for pocket billiards.)

" A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one."
—Alexander Hamilton

Old
  (#72)
Double-Dave
Developing cue-addict
Double-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5795

12-01-2014, 05:24 AM

I too feel there are too many sticky's, but that's another point.
Normally I only use the "New" button anyway so then it doesn't matter.

If I am correct, bronze and silver are both free memberships, only gold costs money.
If that is correct, 2 and 5 threads per 30 days is way too much IMO. People that need
more then 1 thread per 2 months or so are for the vast majority trying to make a couple
bucks here and there. Even the most hardcore I-want-a-new-playing cue-so-have-to-sell-my-old-one
rarely do it more often then that.

So, understanding that the long term strategy is to somehow monetize the F/S section I would
suggest no more then 1 new thread per 60 days for non paying members. A gold membership
should allow you maybe 3 per 30 days. If that's not enough for you then you are selling
a whole bunch of stuff here and for that I would create a platinum membership with no
limit on the number of threads and make it $99.95 for a year (which is still a complete bargain IMO).

gr. Dave

Playing cue: Cuechanger cocobolo
Break + jump cue: Cuechanger
Case: Sterling wave 4x8
League: NPB Superleague + Europoolleague + Top Pool League TPL1
Hours play: 8-10 per week

www.doubledavecues.com
www.budgetstukadoor.nl

Last edited by Double-Dave; 12-01-2014 at 05:56 AM.

Old
  (#73)
Kot_Bigemot
AzB Silver Member

12-01-2014, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzHousePro View Post
OK, it looks like we are still up in the air over proposed subforum changes.

I don't see any real push-back on the "only OPs can bump threads" change, so it is done.

Mike
Congratulations! Thank you for this change Mike.
Really hope this is not the end of "revolution" on here

Old
  (#74)
AzHousePro
Administrator

12-01-2014, 05:47 AM

No, definitely not the end. Finishing up my usual "end of the month" project and will then be getting back on these changes as a top priority this week.

Mike

Old
  (#75)
AzHousePro
Administrator

12-01-2014, 05:51 AM

Yes, I have moved those threads out to the main Wanted/For Sale area. Only the sticky threads will be in that area.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by cueaddicts View Post
Mike, would the same hold true for the other sticky threads (like buyer/seller transaction report)? Also, any way possible to get the "rules stickies" combined or condensed? There are a lot and it would greatly clean up the look of that part of the forum to do that, imo.

Page 5 of 7 « First 345 67

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: