Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Donnie Mills
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member
one stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-04-2017, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolhustler View Post
...much rather see DM than that Earl Strickland guy...
Well for 2 reasons one he's played better to date and 2 he's loved by everyone he is a no brainer pic as a wild card if it's even close by that time

Old
  (#17)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

09-05-2017, 04:06 AM

Donny Mills would be a great addition to the MC team this year, a very wise choice imo. He has the experience, the talent and he plays good under pressure. We definitely need to shake things up to have a chance against Europe and adding Donny might be part of it.

Oscar is playing great right now and deserves consideration. He is another one who knows how to play under fire. I like Shane, Sky, Donny and Oscar with Justin or Billy filling the last spot. That team might have the right chemistry to pull off the upset.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Last edited by jay helfert; 09-07-2017 at 06:11 PM.

Old
  (#18)
inside_english
AzB Silver Member
inside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond repute

09-05-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by efirkey View Post
Has Donnie Mills played on the Mosconi Cup? I think he deserves a shot. He seems like a great guy with a fantastic game that would represent USA very well and I hear 9 ball is his best game.
I was at Turning Stone this weekend and I agree with this 100%.

Old
  (#19)
ceebee
AzB Silver Member
ceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700
  Send a message via Skype™ to ceebee 
09-06-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
I think they should definitely open in the Cup to provide a spot for an 'amateur'.

Maybe defined as one who has never been top 3 in a points event, voted by players of current years points event?
Wow, you blew me over, I thought they were all amateurs, some were just hustling amateurs. The only Pro I know that gets paid is Van Boening. Maybe it's different in Europe

I was under the impression that the Mosconi cup was for anyone that wants to represent their prospective country.

I gotta get out more...

ceebee
USMC- Ret.
www.breakrak.com
918-543-6600
SKYPE charley.bond.inola
Every game Starts with the Break Shot

Old
  (#20)
ceebee
AzB Silver Member
ceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700
  Send a message via Skype™ to ceebee 
09-06-2017, 01:09 PM

I just read where Donny Mills likes to be called or referred to as Donny, NOT Donnie...

ceebee
USMC- Ret.
www.breakrak.com
918-543-6600
SKYPE charley.bond.inola
Every game Starts with the Break Shot

Old
  (#21)
Dave714
AzB Silver Member
Dave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond repute

09-06-2017, 07:11 PM

I think Donny is a better choice this year than John Schmidt was last year.

Old
  (#22)
scsuxci
AzB Silver Member
scsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond repute

09-12-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
Donny Mills would be a great addition to the MC team this year, a very wise choice imo. He has the experience, the talent and he plays good under pressure. We definitely need to shake things up to have a chance against Europe and adding Donny might be part of it.

Oscar is playing great right now and deserves consideration. He is another one who knows how to play under fire. I like Shane, Sky, Donny and Oscar with Justin or Billy filling the last spot. That team might have the right chemistry to pull off the upset.
This is the problem, no matter who you put on the US team, it's considered a upset? US has had champion after champion after champion and are playing bad. They need a group that wants to be there, not for fun or experience but to WIN. Even Shane has looked disheartened and looked like he didn't want to be there. Donny would be a great pick and any other pro that truly wants to win this. I wouldn't consider it a upset at all , IMO

Old
  (#23)
Black-Balled
Look Everythings Spinning
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
09-12-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsuxci View Post
This is the problem, no matter who you put on the US team, it's considered a upset? US has had champion after champion after champion and are playing bad. They need a group that wants to be there, not for fun or experience but to WIN. Even Shane has looked disheartened and looked like he didn't want to be there. Donny would be a great pick and any other pro that truly wants to win this. I wouldn't consider it a upset at all , IMO
Could it be that the us feels short race 9b is really a bit of a crapshoot?

It would be hard to get a true sense of something, given a small data set.

Global warming?!

Two thirds from the top,
Another third for roads and cops.
Don't kid yourself that it's ever gonna stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast View Post
...he loves pool, but he lost his love for pool halfway through the one pocket...

Old
  (#24)
barrymuch90
AzB Silver Member
barrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond repute

09-12-2017, 08:47 AM

That's exactly why I did a 180 and think Dennis hatch needs to be on the team. I have no doubt if he plays he ll give it everything he has and will want to win more than anything

Old
  (#25)
JAM
On the Hill
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325

09-12-2017, 08:48 AM

This is an old thread that kind of got revamped. The topic, though, is definitely on point.

Donnie Mills is the new sheriff in town in recent events.

Old
  (#26)
Tennesseejoe
AzB Silver Member
Tennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond repute

09-12-2017, 09:15 AM

Earl is a winner...and he draws a crowd...both are needed.

"Man can neither love nor hate what he does not know." Cicero

Old
  (#27)
JAM
On the Hill
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325

09-12-2017, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseejoe View Post
Earl is a winner...and he draws a crowd...both are needed.
I agree.

One thing for sure, just like rules in a pool tournament, no matter who Johann selects, there will be a wave of criticism coming forth about his decisoin-making process. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't, if you know what I mean.

Old
  (#28)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

09-12-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Could it be that the us feels short race 9b is really a bit of a crapshoot?

It would be hard to get a true sense of something, given a small data set.

Global warming?!
If race to 9 is a crapshoot, then I guess Shane and Earls US open wins don't mean much?
Jason

Old
  (#29)
Black-Balled
Look Everythings Spinning
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
09-12-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
If race to 9 is a crapshoot, then I guess Shane and Earls US open wins don't mean much?
Jason
The cream rises, i will agree, but isnt mosconi cum 22% (55%?) Shorter races?

You arent gonna try and contend svb has an equal chance of beating tham EU players at a race to 5 or 7, as he does to 50 or 100, are you?

Two thirds from the top,
Another third for roads and cops.
Don't kid yourself that it's ever gonna stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast View Post
...he loves pool, but he lost his love for pool halfway through the one pocket...

Old
  (#30)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

09-12-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave714 View Post
I think Donny is a better choice this year than John Schmidt was last year.
John Schmidt's two Cup appearances were in 2006 and 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
Jason
In all 5 of Shane's US Open 9-Ball wins, the races were to 11 until the Finals, then 13. I don't know about the race length in Earl's first 2 wins, but it looks like it was 11 or 13 in his last 3 wins.

Quote:
The cream rises, i will agree, but isnt mosconi cum 22% (55%?) Shorter races? ...
The Mosconi Cup format has changed several times. It was races to 5 the last 3 years.

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: