Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page BREAKING NEWS: Mosconi Cup Team USA
Page 3 of 10 123 45 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
Dan_B
AzB Silver Member
Dan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 455

09-11-2017, 01:25 PM

Iím trying to recall, is this pick of five, at this point Ė this week, it, absolute, the roster, no alternateís?
A lot can happen between now and game time.
Iím also trying to recall what the team does to be in shape, at their best Ė in state, for game day.
Once selected, are they under contract, no gigs/tournaments till after this match up. I
do remember the team doing appearance/exhibitionís kind of stuff.
I guess what Iím really after, is; will/could the team from this point, with player
commitment(s) become like a club, tour together till cup day? By bid, have rooms put
their best 5 up, challenge team USA in the same Mosconi Cup format - condensed, the
ultimate road trip, If this is already the plan, being done, my apologies for not catching it last year.

Old
  (#32)
ceebee
AzB Silver Member
ceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700
  Send a message via Skype™ to ceebee 
09-11-2017, 01:37 PM

Yay for the TOP TEN... good playing...

ceebee
USMC- Ret.
www.breakrak.com
918-543-6600
SKYPE charley.bond.inola
Every game Starts with the Break Shot

Old
  (#33)
skip100
AzB Silver Member
skip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-11-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM View Post
You gotta be kidding me. This Mosconi Cup news was just released this morning, and I shared it on what I thought was a pool forum. Trolling headline? I call it breaking news, myself.

Thanks for the contribution to this thread. I just live off of clicks. I can't make it through the day without them. I live for those clicks. If I don't get them, my life may come to an end.
If you added the words "final points standings" then there would have been nothing wrong with this thread and posters wouldn't have clicked not knowing there was bait and switch in the title

You know that though.

No comment on the other four threads you created with five high-profile American names in the running?

Old
  (#34)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_B View Post
Iím trying to recall, is this pick of five, at this point Ė this week, it, absolute, the roster, no alternateís?
A lot can happen between now and game time.
Iím also trying to recall what the team does to be in shape, at their best Ė in state, for game day.
Once selected, are they under contract, no gigs/tournaments till after this match up. I
do remember the team doing appearance/exhibitionís kind of stuff.
I guess what Iím really after, is; will/could the team from this point, with player
commitment(s) become like a club, tour together till cup day? By bid, have rooms put
their best 5 up, challenge team USA in the same Mosconi Cup format - condensed, the
ultimate road trip, If this is already the plan, being done, my apologies for not catching it last year.
I think that is a great idea.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

https://www.facebook.com/skriptik/?ref=page_internal POOL PENS

Old
  (#35)
barrymuch90
AzB Silver Member
barrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond reputebarrymuch90 has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2017, 04:15 PM

After reading the hatchetmans billiard buzz article I'm basically on his bandwagon to make the team. Not only has he made life changes and focused once again on his professional pool career but he got second in points so it's truly not fair to leave him off I mean if u can get second and not make the team then what's the point of having points? Also a huge reason I'm on his bandwagon after reading the article is he says his favorite tournament is the mosconi cup and he nonstop talks about how much it means to him and that's the kind of personality I need representing me and the country I live In and LOVE. Go USA!!!!

Old
  (#36)
Thecoats
AzB Silver Member
Thecoats has a reputation beyond reputeThecoats has a reputation beyond reputeThecoats has a reputation beyond reputeThecoats has a reputation beyond reputeThecoats has a reputation beyond reputeThecoats has a reputation beyond reputeThecoats has a reputation beyond reputeThecoats has a reputation beyond reputeThecoats has a reputation beyond reputeThecoats has a reputation beyond reputeThecoats has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

09-11-2017, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon of Sin View Post
1, 3, 4, 8, 15

That would be awesome.
I like that line up.

Old
  (#37)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Actually, the BREAKING NEWS, if you read it, is that four person will be selected from the top 10 and that 1 will be selected in the top 20. This means other than those 20, there are no other players under consideration. ...
I don't read it that way, JAM. The news release says: "... the captain will pick his side from the top ten with the option of going outside the ten for one of his picks should he feel it necessary." That's unchanged from the plan right along -- 4 must be from the top 10 and 1 can be anyone eligible for Team USA, even someone's grandad (or mom). I don't think the fact that the news release shows the top 20 changes anything. They actually provide (via a click) a full list of everyone who has earned points, and the list has 137 names on it this year: http://www.matchroompool.com/wp-cont...a-rankings.pdf

But I think it's certainly likely that the 5th pick will come from the first or second ten on the points list.

[And if your inside info is correct, maybe you already know he's from the second ten.]

Old
  (#38)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celophanewrap View Post
So how many of these guys played in all the qualifying events?
None.

Old
  (#39)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member

09-11-2017, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip100 View Post
... No comment on the other four threads you created with five high-profile American names in the running?
Hmmm. So your theory is that the team is Van Boening, Hatch, Woodward, Thorpe, and Dominguez, and that JAM sneakily revealed that with her thread titles today. Hmmm.

[that would be a good team]

Great Mosconi Cup Threads.....
Old
  (#40)
ibuycues
I Love Box Cues
ibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

Great Mosconi Cup Threads..... - 09-11-2017, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Actually, the BREAKING NEWS, if you read it, is that four person will be selected from the top 10 and that 1 will be selected in the top 20. This means other than those 20, there are no other players under consideration. But you knew that. You just like to argue with everybody on this forum. I'm trying to bring the latest news to the members here who like discussing it and hearing the latest.

What's your next criticism of me? There are many people in this forum and elsewhere who do enjoy reading pool-related topics, to include what I bring to this forum and have been since 2004 under the same forum name.
JAM,
I have read each of the threads you started about the Mosconi Cup, possible selections, etc., and have found the threads to be stand-alone, each offering different perspectives on players, selections, etc.......

As a thread evolves, posters add commentary that gives each thread its own direction.

Again, I found them ALL interesting and appreciate your thoughtfulness to bring them to the fore.

Will Prout

Old
  (#41)
9Ballr
AzB Silver Member
9Ballr has a reputation beyond repute9Ballr has a reputation beyond repute9Ballr has a reputation beyond repute9Ballr has a reputation beyond repute9Ballr has a reputation beyond repute9Ballr has a reputation beyond repute9Ballr has a reputation beyond repute9Ballr has a reputation beyond repute9Ballr has a reputation beyond repute9Ballr has a reputation beyond repute9Ballr has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2017, 05:32 PM

Isn't this the same Dennis Hatch that was involved in an armed robbery of
the owner of Classic Billiards.

http://sporttoday.org/12_dc1a2d3fdc108581_1.htm

Maybe it's someone else.

Edit: That's back in 2002.
Probably not the same guy OR no one cares any more....lol

----------------------
Shall NOT be infringed. OK?

Last edited by 9Ballr; 09-11-2017 at 05:52 PM.

Old
  (#42)
BeiberLvr
SJD's #1 Fan
BeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLarge View Post
Hmmm. So your theory is that the team is Van Boening, Hatch, Woodward, Thorpe, and Dominguez, and that JAM sneakily revealed that with her thread titles today. Hmmm.

[that would be a good team]
That would be a strong team.

Old
  (#43)
Nick B
This is gonna hurt
Nick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2017, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasementDweller View Post
SVB, Skyler, Bergman, Hatch (he earned it), and I would go with Oscar over Morris or even Thorpe at this point. I just haven't seen enough high level, big table play out of him YET. Oscar is a grinder and that's what's needed at the Mosconi.

Bergman is an ABSOLUTE must! No questions asked.
Perfect choices.

Cue: Foster, Break/Jump: Foster
http://www.fostercues.com/
Name: Nick Beretanos

Old
  (#44)
Straightpool_99
I see dead balls
Straightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2017, 06:05 PM

No second chances for dumpers. IMO.

Whatever, I'm European anyway, so I don't get a vote. I hope he picks Bergman and Woodward. Those are my picks. I want it to be a close, good match, not another steamroll. This year they have their best chance in years and years. The European team looks very weak. Lets hope nobody gets any "smart" ideas and tries to make money with the oddsmakers. Sadly, I think that is almost guaranteed if certain players are picked...

Last edited by Straightpool_99; 09-11-2017 at 06:12 PM.

Old
  (#45)
Celophanewrap
Call me Grace
Celophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLarge View Post
None.

Should there maybe some sort of graduated scale, like for example: if someone played in
2 or 3 events and his point total is 25, and someone played in all the events (8 events?)
and their point total is 35, I might value the guy that scored 25 because he did better in
the events he played in but for whatever reason wasn't able to make it to more events.
Anyways, just a thought

Page 3 of 10 123 45 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: