Reload this Page BREAKING NEWS: Mosconi Cup Team USA
Page 4 of 10 « First 234 56 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Oscar/Berg
Old
  (#46)
Island Drive
AzB Silver Member
Island Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Oscar/Berg - 09-11-2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasementDweller View Post
SVB, Skyler, Bergman, Hatch (he earned it), and I would go with Oscar over Morris or even Thorpe at this point. I just haven't seen enough high level, big table play out of him YET. Oscar is a grinder and that's what's needed at the Mosconi.

Bergman is an ABSOLUTE must! No questions asked.
Oscar has been working out/matching up under all different conditions, and this may be his last BEST chance, as his newborn will be here soon, if not already. His timing is perfect, he's road tough now, no rattle and the Berg yep. Good picks....Bergs proven himself. Oscars possibly, going to have to do a 9-5, it works best raising a family. My guess, he might take over dads gig, he ain't getting any younger, he and I battled many times 70's-80's.

www.worldbilliardtour.com
Domain Name Only....

Bill Meacham

Old
  (#47)
Dave714
AzB Silver Member
Dave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond reputeDave714 has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2017, 06:40 PM

My problem with Bergman is he elected to go to Austin instead of NYC. Much much much weaker field....

Old
  (#48)
JAM
On the Hill
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325

09-12-2017, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip100 View Post
If you added the words "final points standings" then there would have been nothing wrong with this thread and posters wouldn't have clicked not knowing there was bait and switch in the title

You know that though.

No comment on the other four threads you created with five high-profile American names in the running?
My other four threads -- actually, maybe it was five -- were actually my picks for the Team USA, I made a thread about each one and dug up some data on them to share, some with photos and others with articles written about them.

I used post here quite often, five or more posts a day, but now I leave this forum to members like you, who actually have little to contribute and enjoy flaming others who do contribute pool-worthy threads.

There's a reason why this pool forum does not have as much activity as it did several years ago, and as they say in the game of Tag, you're it.

Old
  (#49)
JAM
On the Hill
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

09-12-2017, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLarge View Post
I don't read it that way, JAM. The news release says: "... the captain will pick his side from the top ten with the option of going outside the ten for one of his picks should he feel it necessary." That's unchanged from the plan right along -- 4 must be from the top 10 and 1 can be anyone eligible for Team USA, even someone's grandad (or mom). I don't think the fact that the news release shows the top 20 changes anything. They actually provide (via a click) a full list of everyone who has earned points, and the list has 137 names on it this year: http://www.matchroompool.com/wp-cont...a-rankings.pdf

But I think it's certainly likely that the 5th pick will come from the first or second ten on the points list.

[And if your inside info is correct, maybe you already know he's from the second ten.]
You could be right. Makes sense!

Old
  (#50)
JAM
On the Hill

09-12-2017, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuycues View Post
JAM,
I have read each of the threads you started about the Mosconi Cup, possible selections, etc., and have found the threads to be stand-alone, each offering different perspectives on players, selections, etc.......

As a thread evolves, posters add commentary that gives each thread its own direction.

Again, I found them ALL interesting and appreciate your thoughtfulness to bring them to the fore.

Will Prout
Thank you, Will. I was trying to create some cool pool reads on this pool forum. It's nice to know some folks still enjoy discussing pool-related topics. It used to be so much fun posting here. I was actually almost enjoying AzBilliards, the same way we used to, but I knew it was too good to be true. Facebook has more pool-related news lately, anyway. I don't know what I was thinking when I tried to get something going here. Wasted effort on my end, except for a few kindred souls like you who enjoyed the reda. Thanks again!

Old
  (#51)
JAM
On the Hill

09-12-2017, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLarge View Post
Hmmm. So your theory is that the team is Van Boening, Hatch, Woodward, Thorpe, and Dominguez, and that JAM sneakily revealed that with her thread titles today. Hmmm.

[that would be a good team]
Wasn't I subtle enough?

That's my team picks.

Old
  (#52)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

09-12-2017, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM View Post
And they crawl out from under their rocks to join in the fray. Hail, hail, the gang's all here.
No, now we are all here. And they are 100% correct that the headline is bs. Have a great day
Jason

Old
  (#53)
BasementDweller
AzB Silver Member
BasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond repute

09-12-2017, 05:46 AM

If Bergman is left off, someone will have some explaining to do. He would be my number one pick out of ALL the US players at this point in time. Can't blame the guy for not running all the over the country trying to qualify when it's a losing proposition.

If he's not on the team I'll have a hard time even watching this year.

Old
  (#54)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

09-12-2017, 05:52 AM

Quote:
My other four threads -- actually, maybe it was five -- were actually my picks for the Team USA, I made a thread about each one and dug up some data on them to share, some with photos and others with articles written about them.

I used post here quite often, five or more posts a day, but now I leave this forum to members like you, who actually have little to contribute and enjoy flaming others who do contribute pool-worthy threads.

There's a reason why this pool forum does not have as much activity as it did several years ago, and as they say in the game of Tag, you're it.
Actually, some of us that you hate actually like A LOT of your posts, its just a few posts that really really really rub us the wrong way. I enjoyed reading those other posts, but I'm confused as to why there was nothing on Earl currently since he is one of your top pics?
Anyway, thanks for those other threads
Jason

Old
  (#55)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg

09-12-2017, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasementDweller View Post
If Bergman is left off, someone will have some explaining to do. He would be my number one pick out of ALL the US players at this point in time. Can't blame the guy for not running all the over the country trying to qualify when it's a losing proposition.

If he's not on the team I'll have a hard time even watching this year.
I can agree with that. I would actually seriously consider leaving Shane off the list, his performance has been for a lack of a better word terrible.
Jason

Old
  (#56)
MOJOE
Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
MOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to MOJOE Send a message via Yahoo to MOJOE  
09-12-2017, 06:11 AM

I certainly don't get the hate on JAM for posting on the latest for the MC.
Just from the outside looking in JAM, don't feed the trolls. If you ignore their petty posts, they might just fade away? Wouldn't that be nice?

Old
  (#57)
JAM
On the Hill

09-12-2017, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOJOE View Post
I certainly don't get the hate on JAM for posting on the latest for the MC.
Just from the outside looking in JAM, don't feed the trolls. If you ignore their petty posts, they might just fade away? Wouldn't that be nice?
Thanks, MOJOE. You're right, of course. It's always the same ones too. I've noticed they go after others too, not just me. I do ignore them most of the time. When I do not respond to them, they post three and four times in hopes I do respond. It's a game with them. For me, I'm just trying to contribute, read, and enjoy a pool forum.

Old
  (#58)
Positively Ralf
AzB Silver Member
Positively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond repute

09-12-2017, 07:09 AM

Call me an idiot(and I'm sure everyone will) but how about having some new faces in general? I know they are not in people's radars, but guys like Jeremy sossei has showed that he can go toe to toe with the best the USA has to offer. Why not put him in there as a dark horse?

I guess I'm just of the opinion that some of the so called low level pros in this country are very overlooked. just change it up a bit to see something different. afterall, this is just an exhibition.

Old
  (#59)
kollegedave
AzB Silver Member
kollegedave has a reputation beyond reputekollegedave has a reputation beyond reputekollegedave has a reputation beyond reputekollegedave has a reputation beyond reputekollegedave has a reputation beyond reputekollegedave has a reputation beyond reputekollegedave has a reputation beyond reputekollegedave has a reputation beyond reputekollegedave has a reputation beyond reputekollegedave has a reputation beyond reputekollegedave has a reputation beyond repute

09-12-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave714 View Post
My problem with Bergman is he elected to go to Austin instead of NYC. Much much much weaker field....
You neglected to consider that the trip to Texas, for Justin, is much easier and cheaper. If you would like to pay Justin's travel expenses, then I am sure he would be happy to attend every far flung tournament YOU would like him to enter.

Also, he is clearly the second best American player (maybe the best) because MC diminishes SVB's break. It doesn't matter if Justin goes to 9 turning stone events or zero, if Matchroom wants to field the most competitive American team, it will have Justin on it.

kollegedave

Old
  (#60)
skip100
AzB Silver Member
skip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond repute

09-12-2017, 08:13 AM

Quote:

Just stop with the persecution complex. You are a longtimer on this forum and dish it out often with constant attacks of troll, newcomer, et cetera. You should be able to take some of your own medicine.

Thanks for the explanation about the other threads, we'll see if your inside info is correct.

Page 4 of 10 « First 234 56 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: