Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Hmmmm! Someone go teach Florian "Venom" Koehler how to shoot with T.O.I.
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Hmmmm! Someone go teach Florian "Venom" Koehler how to shoot with T.O.I.
Old
  (#1)
His Boy Elroy
AzB Silver Member
His Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Hmmmm! Someone go teach Florian "Venom" Koehler how to shoot with T.O.I. - 09-11-2017, 09:48 PM

I just finished watching a few of the guy's videos on YOU TUBE. I must have matured since the last time I watched those same videos. This time I concentrated on watching the shots and not the models. This, in turn, led me to a new appreciation of his ASTOUNDING skill!

I recall reading that he's nothing special shooting conventional CB into OB into pocket shots. If so, WHAT'S THE STORY FOR GOD'S SAKE! Alll I can figure is that he can't shoot a center ball shot very well. If that's the case, SOMEONE TEACH HIM T.O.I....PRONTO!

With that absolutely exquisite control of spin he possesses and applies to masse' shots, I see no reason why that same exquisite control would not transfer to his shots when shooting a millimeter or 2 off verticle center, which is what advanced T.O.I is all about. Once he masters that, the ability to shoot a perfectly straight center ball shot when a straight in shot presents itself, will automatically follow...Then WATCH OUT WORLD!.....imho!

.........but oh - OH....those su - UMMER.......nigh - IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTS...........❤️

Old
  (#2)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2017, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by His Boy Elroy View Post
I just finished watching a few of the guy's videos on YOU TUBE. I must have matured since the last time I watched those same videos. This time I concentrated on watching the shots and not the models. This, in turn, led me to a new appreciation of his ASTOUNDING skill!

I recall reading that he's nothing special shooting conventional CB into OB into pocket shots. If so, WHAT'S THE STORY FOR GOD'S SAKE! Alll I can figure is that he can't shoot a center ball shot very well. If that's the case, SOMEONE TEACH HIM T.O.I....PRONTO!

With that absolutely exquisite control of spin he possesses and applies to masse' shots, I see no reason why that same exquisite control would not transfer to his shots when shooting a millimeter or 2 off verticle center, which is what advanced T.O.I is all about. Once he masters that, the ability to shoot a perfectly straight center ball shot when a straight in shot presents itself, will automatically follow...Then WATCH OUT WORLD!.....imho!
I've met and watched him and C.J.

Florian CAN'T HANDLE TOI. LMAO.

Old
  (#3)
RunoutJJ
Professional Banger
RunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond repute

09-12-2017, 08:12 AM

Ok don't get your logic. Why the hell does he need to use a touch of inside in anything he does?

"You just saw me run 62 balls, and you want to keep playing?" "Yeah, I didn't like the way you played it." ~Waterdog playing Straights

Hit a gear at one of those tournaments and have everyone saying, "Who the #$%& is that guy?", then start dogging it and have everyone be like, "Oh, never mind." ~Victorl

Old
  (#4)
btown
AzB Silver Member
btown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond repute

09-12-2017, 08:19 AM

Until he realizes that the cubeball is actually a flat surface he will never understand the secrets in T.. O.. I..

Old
  (#5)
His Boy Elroy
AzB Silver Member
His Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond reputeHis Boy Elroy has a reputation beyond repute

09-12-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunoutJJ View Post
Ok don't get your logic. Why the hell does he need to use a touch of inside in anything he does?
Ugh....some of us find that using a touch of inside on most shots is a highly effective way of pocketing balls.

.........but oh - OH....those su - UMMER.......nigh - IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTS...........❤️

Old
  (#6)
His Boy Elroy
AzB Silver Member

09-12-2017, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post

Wow! That's difficult to understand. C.J. Wiley has mentioned though, that only about 30 % of his students pick it up. Hey.... if Florian just keeps doing what he's doing now and nothing else he's still standing on a high pedestal in the billiard world in my opinion. He's amazing!

Old
  (#7)
His Boy Elroy
AzB Silver Member

09-12-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:

When I first read your post, I assumed you saw C.J trying to teach Florian T.O.I, and you later learned Florian couldn't get a handle on it. Is that what you meant?

Old
  (#8)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

09-12-2017, 07:33 PM

Quote:
When I first read your post, I assumed you saw C.J trying to teach Florian T.O.I, and you later learned Florian couldn't get a handle on it. Is that what you meant?
LOL.

No. It was a joke.

Most people who use spin a lot will usually argue with you all day about how TOI won't work. Florian uses so much spin it isn't even funny when he does a lot of his trick shots. Trying to get him to quit using spin may mess with his psyche after spinning for so long.

Old
  (#9)
Nick B
This is gonna hurt
Nick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-12-2017, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Wow! That's difficult to understand. C.J. Wiley has mentioned though, that only about 30 % of his students pick it up. Hey.... if Florian just keeps doing what he's doing now and nothing else he's still standing on a high pedestal in the billiard world in my opinion. He's amazing!

Ahhhhhhh No. I'm almost certain he plays at a very average level. Most trick shot artists are not the strongest of players...they devote too much time in learning how to Jump over the shark cage (for those old enough to remember Happy Days). Otherwise you would see him playing and winning some events which would further enhance their reputation and probably their livelihood and marketing power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqrexMJ5ohk

Cue: Foster, Break/Jump: Foster
http://www.fostercues.com/
Name: Nick Beretanos

Old
  (#10)
His Boy Elroy
AzB Silver Member

09-12-2017, 09:40 PM

Quote:
LOL.

No. It was a joke.

Most people who use spin a lot will usually argue with you all day about how TOI won't work. Florian uses so much spin it isn't even funny when he does a lot of his trick shots. Trying to get him to quit using spin may mess with his psyche after spinning for so long.

"Most people who use spin a lot will usually argue with you all day about how T.O.I won't work"?.Huh? I'm not following. In his video Wiley teaches beginners to T.O.I to go either center to center or center to edge. It's necessary to sometimes go a full tip inside the vertical center doing either.

As the player becomes more advanced, he may start moving more towards the center of the cue ball with the tip. At T.O.I's most advanced stage the player is aiming at the side of the pocket and deflecting the OB into the center of the pocket using the 3 part pocket system. At this point the tip is only moved a millimeter or 2 inside of verticle center.

Before a player develops the skill to play using the 3 part pocket system and going only a millimeter or 2 off verticle center, he has to first learn to go center - center and center edge while sometimes going a full tip inside of verticle center. .....a full tip off vertical center is not an insubstantial distance. I really can't understand why players who use spin a lot would not see the merit in T.O.I. It just doesn't make sense. I also don't see why players who display great control of the cue ball while applying a great amount of spin to the ball, as Florian does in his masse' shots, could not learn also how control the cueball with similar skill, while applying only the smallest amount of spin.

So I'll say it again....somebody teach the guy some T.O.I shooting!

Old
  (#11)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)

ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2017, 07:25 AM

Quote:
"
So I'll say it again....somebody teach the guy some T.O.I shooting!
right, because that is the instant fix to someone potting balls. LOL.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

Alex Pagulayan (unpaid) pro who plays with Magic Chalk

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Color: Baltic BLUE

NEW - Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

Old
  (#12)
His Boy Elroy
AzB Silver Member

09-13-2017, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
right, because that is the instant fix to someone potting balls. LOL.
It ain't an instant fix! .....Oh yeah though....after much time and effort....a fix settles in....at least in my case!

Old
  (#13)
Player
I'm your huckleberry
Player has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2017, 08:28 PM

I don't see TOI so much as a fix for potting balls but more as a way of controlling the cue ball.

But then I only use it a little and am no expert on it.

.I'd rather be swimmin' with bowlegged wimmin.

Old
  (#14)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member
one stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond repute

09-14-2017, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Ugh....some of us find that using a touch of inside on most shots is a highly effective way of pocketing balls.
And some of don't

Old
  (#15)
marek
AzB Silver Member
marek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond repute

09-14-2017, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
I'm almost certain he plays at a very average level.
I wouldnt call someone who can run 5 racks in a row in 9b and 80+ in 14-1 "a very average level" He is no pro at "normal" pool but I would definitely call him an accomplished pool player Also Florian said recently that he was starting to learn 3-cushion and with the speed he learns things I dont think we will wait too long before he becomes 1.0avg player in 3cushion.

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: