Reload this Page 8-Ball Rule Qeustion
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
8-Ball Rule Qeustion
Old
  (#1)
jgpool
Cue ball draw with this?
jgpool has a reputation beyond reputejgpool has a reputation beyond reputejgpool has a reputation beyond reputejgpool has a reputation beyond reputejgpool has a reputation beyond reputejgpool has a reputation beyond reputejgpool has a reputation beyond reputejgpool has a reputation beyond reputejgpool has a reputation beyond reputejgpool has a reputation beyond reputejgpool has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 400

8-Ball Rule Qeustion - 09-12-2017, 03:01 PM

I'm playing 8-Ball and I have solids, I shoot in the 7-Ball and hit the 4-Ball very very close to the corner pocket on the same shot, it's hanging there. On my next shot I'm shooting the 4-Ball and just as I contact the cue the 4-Ball drops, by the time the cue gets to the pocket there's nothing to stop the cue from going in and it scratches. What happens?

Joe G

"I am old enough to know my limits, and I am young enough to exceed them" Dick Vermeil

McDermott M66G, BEM, 4 arrow points with black leather wrap.

Old
  (#2)
PoolBum
Abracadabra!

PoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1190

09-12-2017, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgpool View Post
I'm playing 8-Ball and I have solids, I shoot in the 7-Ball and hit the 4-Ball very very close to the corner pocket on the same shot, it's hanging there. On my next shot I'm shooting the 4-Ball and just as I contact the cue the 4-Ball drops, by the time the cue gets to the pocket there's nothing to stop the cue from going in and it scratches. What happens?
You get shot by the guy you're playing who's had too many beers.

I think you reset the 4-ball and the cueball and shoot the shot again.

"He knew what those jubilant crowds did not know, but could have learned from books; that the plague bacillus never dies or disappears for good...and that perhaps the day would come when, for the bane and the enlightening of men, it would rouse up its rats again and send them forth to die in a happy city."

Old
  (#3)
gogg
AzB Silver Member
gogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-12-2017, 03:29 PM

Scratch
Bad-luck for sure, but still a scratch
(I guesssss)

Using Tapatalk

Old
  (#4)
Fore Rail
AzB Silver Member
Fore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond reputeFore Rail has a reputation beyond repute

09-12-2017, 03:45 PM

Typically in this type of situation the cue ball and object ball will be replaced to their positions prior to the stroke, and the player may shoot again.

Old
  (#5)
BobTfromIL
AzB Silver Member
BobTfromIL has a reputation beyond reputeBobTfromIL has a reputation beyond reputeBobTfromIL has a reputation beyond reputeBobTfromIL has a reputation beyond reputeBobTfromIL has a reputation beyond reputeBobTfromIL has a reputation beyond reputeBobTfromIL has a reputation beyond reputeBobTfromIL has a reputation beyond reputeBobTfromIL has a reputation beyond reputeBobTfromIL has a reputation beyond reputeBobTfromIL has a reputation beyond repute

09-12-2017, 03:49 PM

restore the shot if possible, it's not a scratch

Old
  (#6)
dabarbr
AzB Silver Member
dabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 250

09-12-2017, 04:28 PM

I would think that it would be a scratch. If the ball stood there for a good while and then fell as you took the shot then it could be argued that it was your motions while taking the shot that caused it to fall.

Last edited by dabarbr; 09-12-2017 at 04:31 PM.

Old
  (#7)
sbpoolleague
World's #1 League Website
sbpoolleague has a reputation beyond reputesbpoolleague has a reputation beyond reputesbpoolleague has a reputation beyond reputesbpoolleague has a reputation beyond reputesbpoolleague has a reputation beyond reputesbpoolleague has a reputation beyond reputesbpoolleague has a reputation beyond reputesbpoolleague has a reputation beyond reputesbpoolleague has a reputation beyond reputesbpoolleague has a reputation beyond reputesbpoolleague has a reputation beyond repute

09-12-2017, 04:30 PM

Old
  (#8)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

09-12-2017, 04:47 PM

And it's a re-do under WPA (world-standardized) rules as well.

• 1.7 Balls Settling

A ball may settle slightly after it appears to have stopped, possibly due to slight imperfections in the ball or the table. Unless this causes a ball to fall into a pocket, it is considered a normal hazard of play, and the ball will not be moved back. If a ball falls into a pocket as the result of such settling, it is restored as closely as possible to its original position. If a settling ball falls into a pocket during or just prior to a shot, and this has an effect on the shot, the referee will restore the position and the shot will be replayed. The shooter is not penalized for shooting while a ball is settling. See also 8.3 Ball Pocketed.

Old
  (#9)
tucson9ball
AzB Silver Member
tucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 175

09-12-2017, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fore Rail View Post
Typically in this type of situation the cue ball and object ball will be replaced to their positions prior to the stroke, and the player may shoot again.
What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Chris

Old
  (#10)
us820
AzB Silver Member
us820 has a reputation beyond reputeus820 has a reputation beyond reputeus820 has a reputation beyond reputeus820 has a reputation beyond reputeus820 has a reputation beyond reputeus820 has a reputation beyond reputeus820 has a reputation beyond reputeus820 has a reputation beyond reputeus820 has a reputation beyond reputeus820 has a reputation beyond reputeus820 has a reputation beyond repute

09-12-2017, 06:53 PM

Whomever is drunker at the bar is right.

Old
  (#11)
gogg
AzB Silver Member
gogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond repute

09-12-2017, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by us820 View Post
Whomever is drunker at the bar is right.
Best answer yet!😜

Using Tapatalk

Old
  (#12)
us820
AzB Silver Member
us820 has a reputation beyond reputeus820 has a reputation beyond reputeus820 has a reputation beyond reputeus820 has a reputation beyond reputeus820 has a reputation beyond reputeus820 has a reputation beyond reputeus820 has a reputation beyond reputeus820 has a reputation beyond reputeus820 has a reputation beyond reputeus820 has a reputation beyond reputeus820 has a reputation beyond repute

09-12-2017, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogg View Post
Best answer yet!😜
I know,I'm wrong about rules almost every Friday."Yes,sir.I now do recall that the player holding a broken bottle to my neck gets ball in hand.I'll have to read the rules better next time."

Old
  (#13)
Nick B
This is gonna hurt
Nick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-12-2017, 09:44 PM

The only correct answers are:
1. Don't play anymore 8-ball
2. Don't play anymore in a bar
3. #1 + #2

Cue: Foster, Break/Jump: Foster
http://www.fostercues.com/
Name: Nick Beretanos

Old
  (#14)
Skippy27
AzB Silver Member
Skippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond reputeSkippy27 has a reputation beyond repute

09-13-2017, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
The only correct answers are:
1. Don't play anymore 8-ball
2. Don't play anymore in a bar
3. #1 + #2
Yet again some great advice from Nick B...... NOT!

8-Ball Rule Qeustion
Old
  (#15)
Nick B
This is gonna hurt
Nick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

8-Ball Rule Qeustion - 09-13-2017, 05:30 PM

I'm sorry Skippy. Are you the type who rolls into a pool hall and walks past 20 - 9 foot Diamonds to play on the Valley BB in the back?

Shame. Shame. Shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cue: Foster, Break/Jump: Foster
http://www.fostercues.com/
Name: Nick Beretanos

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: