Protruding pockets?

gweempose

Registered
Please forgive my ignorance, as I know absolutely nothing about how pool tables are assembled or how the various parts fit together. I went to go look at a used commercial table yesterday (Canada Billiards Black Crown), and the first thing I noticed was that all of the rubber (plastic?) pockets were protruding out a a bit and blocking some of the openings. This was so bad on the side pockets that it would actually deflect a ball coming at a sharp angle. What is the deal with these pockets, and is this something that can be easily fixed?

Unfortunately, I did not take any photos of the table in question, but the red arrow in the photo below is pointing to the part of the pocket I am referring to ...

Side%20Pocket.jpg

Last edited:

kid

billiard mechanic
Silver Member
They just need to be cut to fit behind the facing.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant AzBilliards Forums

gweempose

Registered
They just need to be cut to fit behind the facing.

Interesting. So what causes this to happen? I think these pockets were original, so I assume they were the correct size from the factory. Do they warp over time?

Last edited:

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those pocket inserts are very common and used on many different brands of tables. All it takes is a few paneling nails in the correct locations to clean everything up.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Those pocket inserts are very common and used on many different brands of tables. All it takes is a few paneling nails in the correct locations to clean everything up.

Careful with those nails. They tend to damage the balls. They were used on my table by a not so great tech. Left small nicks on the balls and killed them. I put small felt circles on them.

Last edited: