Eclipse..............

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is my justin386 impersonation: " Will the eclipse cause my tip to play softer and will my $200 table play slower or faster? This has kept me up all night. Also, do cues purchased during an eclipse stay straighter longer? Any input would be great. J."

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Yes, Justin386

Shafts made during an eclipse due tend to stay straighter because the gravitational pull of the moon is neutral.

As far as a table playing slower or faster......
I could see that the nap of the cloth could be pulled one way before the eclipse and would switch directions to the other way as the eclipse was ending.

Tip softness has much more to do with the alignment of the North Star to your current geographical position on the earth.
You must also factor in the altitude you are playing at.
Sea level air is thicker than air at a higher altitude.
The air inside the tip will determine the firmness of a tip.
You will need to adjust your stroke speed to compensate for these atmospheric, geographical and gravitational variables.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Do not do your laundry during an eclipse.....
....'cause the moon affects the Tide.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, Justin386

Shafts made during an eclipse do due tend to stay straighter because the gravitational pull of the moon is neutral.

As far as a table playing slower or faster......
I could see that the nap of the cloth could be pulled one way before the eclipse and would switch directions to the other way as the eclipse was ending.

Tip softness has much more to do with the alignment of the North Star to your current geographical position on the earth.
You must also factor in the altitude you are playing at.
Sea level air is thicker than air at a higher altitude.
You will need to adjust your stroke speed to compensate for these atmospheric, geographical and gravitational variables.
Hell yeah. That's what i'm talkin' 'bout.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do not do your laundry during an eclipse.....
....'cause the moon affects the Tide.

Would not the effect of the gravity behind the moon alongside the moon gravity in a single line increase the effect of the tides, thus that would be the best time to do laundry when the Tide effect is greatest.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Would not the effect of the gravity behind the moon alongside the moon gravity in a single line increase the effect of the tides, thus that would be the best time to do laundry when the Tide effect is greatest.

I'm tired.....gotta take a nap....:shocked:

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, Justin386

32 PSI for Soft
42 PSI for Medium
100 PSI for Hard
200 PSI for Break tips. My Bicycle tires have 200 psi, sure makes for a hard ass but my Wife does not mind,

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is my justin386 impersonation: " Will the eclipse cause my tip to play softer and will my $200 table play slower or faster? This has kept me up all night. Also, do cues purchased during an eclipse stay straighter longer? Any input would be great. J."

Also at the exact moment of the eclipse. You can hold your cue straight up and balance a cue ball on the tip. Remember only the cue ball and ONLY at the exact moment of the eclipse.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Also at the exact moment of the eclipse. You can hold your cue straight up and balance a cue ball on the tip. Remember only the cue ball and ONLY at the exact moment of the eclipse.

If you use a magic eight ball instead, you will get a reliable forecast of the stock market
for the next week....actually, eight days.

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well, when I tended bar here in the 90's the tide definitely affected the table roll.

Attachments

• Toomeys.jpg
    Toomeys.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 418

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you use a magic eight ball instead, you will get a reliable forecast of the stock market
for the next week....actually, eight days.

See there..., we all need information like this. Can you ask Magic 8 ball if I am going to win the lottery this week..?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just felt like tossin' a grenade today. Keep your oh-so-deep insight comin'. Lovin' it!! BTW, i'm close to the "path of totality". Pretty weird outside.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
See there..., we all need information like this. Can you ask Magic 8 ball if I am going to win the lottery this week..?

All of us posters on AZ have won a lottery....we all live.
The gift of life is the greatest win of all.

Disclaimer...it appears that Poolbum has gotten control of my keyboard...
....personally, I dunno shit about philosophy....:confused:

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If you're playing outside today, make sure the other guy is at the table when sky goes dark for a few minutes.........no better shark move exists......