Beginning Player Working On CTE

bdam123

Registered
Hey everyone,

New guy here. I've shot pool for a good portion of my life but never took it to the next level. Recently, I've started playing more and stumbled across CTE Pr One. I purchased both of the DVDs and have been watching them along with videos on youtube for the past month or so. I would say I have a good general understanding on what is going on. I've been able to take it to the table a couple time and I'm definitely pocketing balls better than I ever have, although I still wouldn't consider myself "good" at pool.

Even though, CTE Pro One has improved my ability to pocket balls, I'm still confused about a few things. I don't like having holes in my understanding as I know it will leads to holes in my technique. One of the things I totally don't get is Stan's claim that the perceptions and sweeps will connect a player to the geometry of the table.

For example, in this video, Stan uses, as he claims, the exact same perception and sweep for two clearly different shots yet is able to pocket both of them. This makes no sense to me.

He uses his claim that the system itself will connect a player to the geometry but doesn't do a very good job explaining how it works. Granted, he doesn't have to and as long as the ball is pocketed, who really cares. But for me, I can't stand behind it and continue giving my faith to it if it just seems like it doesn't make sense.

Can anyone help clear this up for me?

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Hey everyone,

New guy here. I've shot pool for a good portion of my life but never took it to the next level. Recently, I've started playing more and stumbled across CTE Pr One. I purchased both of the DVDs and have been watching them along with videos on youtube for the past month or so. I would say I have a good general understanding on what is going on. I've been able to take it to the table a couple time and I'm definitely pocketing balls better than I ever have, although I still wouldn't consider myself "good" at pool.

Even though, CTE Pro One has improved my ability to pocket balls, I'm still confused about a few things. I don't like having holes in my understanding as I know it will leads to holes in my technique. One of the things I totally don't get is Stan's claim that the perceptions and sweeps will connect a player to the geometry of the table.

For example, in this video, Stan uses, as he claims, the exact same perception and sweep for two clearly different shots yet is able to pocket both of them. This makes no sense to me.

He uses his claim that the system itself will connect a player to the geometry but doesn't do a very good job explaining how it works. Granted, he doesn't have to and as long as the ball is pocketed, who really cares. But for me, I can't stand behind it and continue giving my faith to it if it just seems like it doesn't make sense.

I don't pay attention to things like this anymore. Why?? they got me convinced I'm stupid.:)

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey everyone,

You state you are pocketing balls better then ever so it seems the system is starting to work for you. Keep at it and the coming book will pull it all together.
But then you state that it makes no sense that Stan ( and the rest of us by the way) make different shots with the same perception and sweep. Although you claim to be making more balls you can't keep giving it your faith. Not making much sense

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
You state you are pocketing balls better then ever so it seems the system is starting to work for you. Keep at it and the coming book will pull it all together.
But then you state that it makes no sense that Stan ( and the rest of us by the way) make different shots with the same perception and sweep. Although you claim to be making more balls you can't keep giving it your faith. Not making much sense

Dan's long lost brother, maybe? Well, I'll "bdam". After all these years Dan and Dam reunite. :D:D

bdam123

Registered

I guess I just worded it unclear. I am making more shots but I'm not making all my shots. I'd say I've increased about 3-5%. There are times when I swear I'm locked into the perception and my pivot is dead on but the shot is off significantly and there are times when I'm not even sure and I pocket the ball.

I would just like to get my head around it in a deeper manner, is what I'm trying to say. It's just how my brain works. If I can't seem to grasp how two identical shots results in two different angles, its hard for me to get into the nitty gritty to work things out in my head.

I get it, it works. I would just feel more confident and comfortable moving forward if I could fully understand what was going on so I could possibly connect it with other things as I go.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess I just worded it unclear. I am making more shots but I'm not making all my shots. I'd say I've increased about 3-5%. There are times when I swear I'm locked into the perception and my pivot is dead on but the shot is off significantly and there are times when I'm not even sure and I pocket the ball.

I would just like to get my head around it in a deeper manner, is what I'm trying to say. It's just how my brain works. If I can't seem to grasp how two identical shots results in two different angles, its hard for me to get into the nitty gritty to work things out in my head.

I get it, it works. I would just feel more confident and comfortable moving forward if I could fully understand what was going on so I could possibly connect it with other things as I go.

To me, it's obvious you are not new here at all. What are some of your other screen names on here? You start out asking the same old question. You also state that you use CTE. If that was even remotely true, you would already know the answer to your own question. So, it's obvious you aren't using CTE, and obvious you are asking the same question that Dan keeps asking.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
You are not hitting the ball where you want to hit all the time.
And manual pivoting while you are already down makes it worse imo.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dam and Dan?

There are two posts above hinting that this new poster is me. I would like to throw out the same challenge that Stan threw out to me:

I will purchase the cue of your choice for anybody who can show that I have ANY aliases on AZ. I will even go one step further. I will also write a check for $10,000 to the person who shows that I am using an alias.

Stan, does your offer still stand?

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
To me, it's obvious you are not new here at all. What are some of your other screen names on here? You start out asking the same old question. You also state that you use CTE. If that was even remotely true, you would already know the answer to your own question. So, it's obvious you aren't using CTE, and obvious you are asking the same question that Dan keeps asking.

I think he's acting accordingly. Anyone who can play, read, an follow instructions will probably come to the same conclusion.

You, as a cte user are also acting accordingly. Attack anyone who questions your sacred method.

Cte will always have the same old song and dance.:smile:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
There are two posts above hinting that this new poster is me. I would like to throw out the same challenge that Stan threw out to me:

I will purchase the cue of your choice for anybody who can show that I have ANY aliases on AZ. I will even go one step further. I will also write a check for $10,000 to the person who shows that I am using an alias.

Stan, does your offer still stand?

Touchy, touchy, Danny boy. I wasn't hinting it was you at all and neither was Neil.

It's an alias alright from somebody who was here before with a different name.

Ironic that he phrased his post identically to the way you constantly do and have done more times than can be counted.

Is it you? NO! But I'd be willing to bet he knows you and you know him even if you don't know who it currently is as "bdam".

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I think he's acting accordingly. Anyone who can play, read, an follow instructions will probably come to the same conclusion.

You, as a cte user are also acting accordingly. Attack anyone who questions your sacred method.

And you consider yourself a real pool player seasoned in the ways of all the types of personalities and hustles that are in pool rooms?

I don't think so. I think you're a great basement player. Nobody who is wouldn't possibly be that naïve to even think it was something else other than a troll. But then again, it gave you another opportunity to pounce on CTE yourself which is one of your favorite activities.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Touchy, touchy, Danny boy. I wasn't hinting it was you at all and neither was Neil.

It's an alias alright from somebody who was here before with a different name.

Ironic that he phrased his post identically to the way you constantly do and have done more times than can be counted.

Is it you? NO! But I'd be willing to bet he knows you and you know him even if you don't know who it currently is as "bdam".

It's not ironic. It is the same question that every confused user of CTE asks themselves. Even Stan admitted that he made some mistakes and hasn't explained things clearly and has also made it crystal clear the he intends to keep new users like dam in the dark until they spend another $70 to get his book in 2018, or maybe 2019, 2020?

Brian made some mistakes in his first edition of Poolology. He made corrections and set it right at his cost. Stan makes people buy DVD1, DVD2 and now his upcoming massive book to get the right information. Makes you wonder.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey everyone,

lol, stinky bait.

Lou Figueroa

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Not true at all. Apparently, you didn't bother to actually read what I wrote. Here it is again-

If you were using CTE, you never would have asked that question, because you would already know the answer to it.

You see, anyone that actually asks that question, it is a huge tell that they aren't using the system at all. So, when they say that they are using it, but still have that question, then it is known by all actual users that they are full of it.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not true at all. Apparently, you didn't bother to actually read what I wrote. Here it is again-

If you were using CTE, you never would have asked that question, because you would already know the answer to it.

You see, anyone that actually asks that question, it is a huge tell that they aren't using the system at all. So, when they say that they are using it, but still have that question, then it is known by all actual users that they are full of it.

Congratulation on your BU score! I see you are about the only CTE proponent that has taken the exams. I wonder why the others aren't taking Dr. Dave's exams? I have to ask, do you use CTE exclusively?

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulation on your BU score! I see you are about the only CTE proponent that has taken the exams. I wonder why the others aren't taking Dr. Dave's exams? I have to ask, do you use CTE exclusively?

Thanks. I use CTE and 90/90. No set reason for one over the other. Just which one I happen to set up on for the shot. I might (when I could still play) go all day on one or the other, or I might change up every few shots.

Since you might ask, CTE is actually more accurate over all.

bdam123

Registered

Dude, I don't know who Dan is and I don't really care. I'm just trying to get better at pool. You're crazy

And for your information, I AM using the system (or at least I'm trying to) I've been watching the DVDs most nights for 3-4 weeks and have gotten to the table tow try it out, at this point, three times.

I don't see how, even if I've spent 10 years with it, I would be able to explain how two identical shots can result in two different angles.

Last edited: