What Would This be Worth on Home Table?

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is about my 50th nine ball pattern. I've only done drills and never patterns because they took soooo much time to set them up according to the paper lay outs. You can order this from projectionprobilliards.com.

Attachments

• IMG_3243.jpg
    IMG_3243.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 649

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nice

Nice I really like it but it's not much different than flipping a page in a book and setting it up. What I mean is its a drill it doesn't have 2 b perfect.

But what u have their does look really cool.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice I really like it but it's not much different than flipping a page in a book and setting it up. What I mean is its a drill it doesn't have 2 b perfect.

But what u have their does look really cool.

My teacher says to redo the drill if you missed a shot or got snookered.... all so that there is nothing to go on if you do. These patterns drills on this machine go so much easier for me.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All that matters is if ur happy with it and if it helps ur game then that's just a bonus.
Thanks for the information.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
Worth about a ball, every 8 months to a yr, if you keep practicing every day, for at least 2 hrs. Sporadic practice, a half a ball every 3 yrs :thumbup:

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Worth about a ball, every 8 months to a yr, if you keep practicing every day, for at least 2 hrs. Sporadic practice, a half a ball every 3 yrs :thumbup:

I hope you are correct! I spend about 3-4 hours doing this every morning. Just finding the cue ball patterns and performing them is huge.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's nice if you can afford the $250 for it without the projector and then get a projector and mount it over the table, vs free for chalk marks or $3 for hole punch reinforcements.

This wold be pretty neat to setup in a pool hall that does lessons or the home of an instructor.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is about my 50th nine ball pattern. I've only done drills and never patterns because they took soooo much time to set them up according to the paper lay outs. You can order this from projectionprobilliards.com.

That is a tough pattern, sharp cut on 1 then need to get around the 8th ball to get shape on ball 2. You'd have to either have another tough cut on the second ball, or try to get around the table for it.
Edit... ah you have ball in hand, there, never mind. For some reason I did not pay attention to the ball in hand instruction and though the cueball started in the center of the table.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is a tough pattern, sharp cut on 1 then need to get around the 8th ball to get shape on ball 2. You'd have to either have another tough cut on the second ball, or try to get around the table for it.
Edit... ah you have ball in hand, there, never mind. For some reason I did not pay attention to the ball in hand instruction and though the cueball started in the center of the table.
If it wasn't BIH i'm banking the 1 up table and freezin his ass on the 8b.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member

I suppose you can put the CB everywhere but I have a lot of trouble running this one out with CB in hand. The 3 to 4 ball back on to the 5 is my problem. I hope to get better.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
It's nice if you can afford the $250 for it without the projector and then get a projector and mount it over the table, vs free for chalk marks or $3 for hole punch reinforcements.

This wold be pretty neat to setup in a pool hall that does lessons or the home of an instructor.

I wish my Billiards Hall had one of these as a "Teaching Table"(tm).
I would pay the extra fee to be able to use it to practice on.

This projected image along with the "Augmented Reality" shooting lines would make the ultimate "Teaching Table"(tm).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z6-i9pZrSU
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xzwTasGUPNc

Attachments

• IMG_1733.JPG
    IMG_1733.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I suppose you can put the CB everywhere but I have a lot of trouble running this one out with CB in hand. The 3 to 4 ball back on to the 5 is my problem. I hope to get better.

A good place to shoot the 3 is where the cueball position is, you just need to navigate by the 5 to get there. Then just a bit of low or low right depending on where you get will get you to the 4 with easy shape on the 5.

If you don't want to mess with the 5 and 7 going across table, leave the CB about parallel to the 3, then go forward two rails between the 8 and the rail for the 4 in the other corner.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
hang-the-9;5950913 This wold be pretty neat to setup in a pool hall that does lessons or the home of an instructor.[/QUOTE said:
My teacher has both of the micro computers and projectors on his 7' table and on his 9' table. Really very intensive lessons.

BassMasterK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My teacher has both of the micro computers and projectors on his 7' table and on his 9' table. Really very intensive lessons.

I see what you were saying about the far end of the table being a little dimmer than the closer end, but it is still really clear. Do you have a billiard light over the table? The table looks a little darker than a fully lit table but it is always hard to tell with pics. That was one of my initial concerns was how well this will show up if you have a diamond table with one of their matching billiard lights fully lighting the table up.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
I see what you were saying about the far end of the table being a little dimmer than the closer end, but it is still really clear. Do you have a billiard light over the table? The table looks a little darker than a fully lit table but it is always hard to tell with pics. That was one of my initial concerns was how well this will show up if you have a diamond table with one of their matching billiard lights fully lighting the table up.

Yes, on this picture, I have my table lights off as I do when setting up the panels. I have two 4' X 2' LED 6500 panels about 6' right (3.5' above the playing surface) above the table. This is the brightest table light I've ever seen! I need lots of light and even the end ball numbers are still available at it's brightest.

Attachments

• LED.jpg
    LED.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 465

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'll tell you, Dennis, I think this projection thing would be awesome for my Zone diagrams! Just thinking out loud.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
I'll tell you, Dennis, I think this projection thing would be awesome for my Zone diagrams! Just thinking out loud.

Yes, I think you are correct. Plus, your added enjoyment in training. You could contact Mike at projectorprobilliards. com and add your whole "Poolology" drawings and figures into his micro computer and he could add a small amount to produce it with his new devices. He has agreements with super new projects that we haven't seen yet.

Last edited:

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I wish my Billiards Hall had one of these as a "Teaching Table"(tm).
I would pay the extra fee to be able to use it to practice on.

This projected image along with the "Augmented Reality" shooting lines would make the ultimate "Teaching Table"(tm).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z6-i9pZrSU
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xzwTasGUPNc

Re Byrne's accurate drawings in his books and in BD...

Those lines in the photo go all the way to the cushion and, if those represent the center of the ball, are therefore not accurate.

Do those lines represent the center of a ball or the edge?

Jeff Livingston

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Re Byrne's accurate drawings in his books and in BD...
http://www.thailandbilliard.com/thailand-pool-tables/aileex-pool-table.htm
Those lines in the photo go all the way to the cushion and, if those represent the center of the ball, are therefore not accurate.

Do those lines represent the center of a ball or the edge?

Jeff Livingston
Those lines are from a different system.
It's Computer Guided Agumented Reality.
Yes, the lines are projected outside the cushions but they are very accurate.
But No, the system does not account for spin, swerve, english, squirt.
It just guides a student visually.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Those lines are from a different system.
It's Computer Guided Agumented Reality.
Yes, the lines are projected outside the cushions but they are very accurate.
But No, the system does not account for spin, swerve, english, squirt.
It just guides a student visually.

Thank you.

It's been a pet peeve of mine, since reading Byrne, that the billiard editors around the world don't adhere to that detail, an important detail, if one is going to use the rails effectively.

I love the projection idea and I'm sure it'll just get better and better as time goes on.

Jeff Livingston