Question for Solarez users

JC

Coos Cues
I decided to give this product a look and have finished some testers with Solarez over well cured epoxy sealer.

The problem I have is getting it to dry hard quickly as advertised. I have a two tube 4 foot lamp that came from them I hung about 6 inches above my slowly turning finishing lathe and after about 30 minutes it's still a little sticky and stinky. Sticky enough so if you picked it up you would leave fingerprints in it. So I take it outside and put it under direct summer sunlight and several hours later it still has a slight sticky feeling and bondo smell. Seems like it takes a couple days outside to be ready to sand. This has been my result so far on each trial.

Any idea what's amiss?

Thanks,

JC

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
I decided to give this product a look and have finished some testers with Solarez over well cured epoxy sealer.

The problem I have is getting it to dry hard quickly as advertised. I have a two tube 4 foot lamp that came from them I hung about 6 inches above my slowly turning finishing lathe and after about 30 minutes it's still a little sticky and stinky. Sticky enough so if you picked it up you would leave fingerprints in it. So I take it outside and put it under direct summer sunlight and several hours later it still has a slight sticky feeling and bondo smell. Seems like it takes a couple days outside to be ready to sand. This has been my result so far on each trial.

Any idea what's amiss?

Thanks,

JC

You are not mixing it properly.......... there is a surfacing agent the floats to the top and you cannot see it. It keeps oxygen away from the resin to help it cure dry.

Open the can and stir with a paint stick for a long time......... when you think you are done........... stir it some more........... putting it on real thin will also make it sticky..............

If you have the squeeze bottle... tip it up and down 20-30 times to let the bubble inside mix it ... never shake a clear coat........... the tiny bubbles never come out...

PM me for full details on application........

I have put it on 30 cues an it is the best non sprayed finish ever...........

Kim

Last edited: