leveling for 9 foot Soren carom table

Pete1175

Registered
I posted on the mechanic page and figured I would ask the carom billiard community directly. The 9 ft. table has only two I beams or metal length way beams to level from. Does anyone have a good way to start the process. The manual for the 10 ft. says start at one end. It has 12 leveling bolts. The 9 ft. has 8.

Any advice from you experts will be appreciated. Thanks, Pete

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I have the 10ft

I like to keep the screws just above the beam so you have the most reach to dial in later,also keeps the table as low as possible helps playing,
use a ruler and make them all the same height to start with before putting on the heater bed

That's what I did, but I'm no professional

What manual do you have, the PDF from the website?

Last edited:

yesyura

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Leveling 9' Soren Sogaard

After you line up pedestals with matching holes on pedestals and 2 metal beams. Secure bolts and nuts.2 metal beams have 4 holes each. Put leveling bolts from under. Better have at least half inch on top of the beams. Place heating plate on top lining metal plates bottom of heating plate with those leveling bolts. Then use leveling bolts up and down to level heating plate. After level, put slates on and level again.
Good luck.

Pete1175

Registered
leveling 9 ft. Soren

Gentlemen thank you for your input it is much appreciated. I should have explained that the table was recovered. Once it was recovered it was noticed that it was slightly off in one area and I wondered if there was a sequence of leveling. Like a engine head where there is a pattern to follow.

I wasn't clear about the table already assembled. Do the rails need to be loosened up? Should I start in any area? Just wondering. The table is playable but I would like to fine tune it.

Thanks again for your response. Pete

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
after mine was setup i too noticed small areas that needed tweaking, i adjust it a little, and didnt lossen the rails,

i see where your thinking, im not sure if its a bad idea or not an issue

probably if you have to jack the screw up 1 inch, might be not good, but a few turns i have done

kilby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the table was assembled properly, as Yesyura describes, the assumption is that the floor has settled and caused the rolloff. The only adjustments to make at this point are to the pedestal leveling screws, NOT the bed screws. You can try to slide a playing card under each of the pedestal screws; if you find any that are loose, snug them down and check again. If you can't easily solve the problem this way you may have to take the table down and start over. Best of luck.