what can draw a pro to a even paid event

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
i was watching kid delicious vs zion earlier and i was getting bored. these pros can do crazy shots, what can draw a pro to an event with no safeties allowed and go for the kill with every shot. as the title says, if theres 32K for the prize money with 32 players, they all get paid even but the games fun to watch, I dont see it ever happening, what can be done???

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i was watching kid delicious vs zion earlier and i was getting bored. these pros can do crazy shots, what can draw a pro to an event with no safeties allowed and go for the kill with every shot. as the title says, if theres 32K for the prize money with 32 players, they all get paid even but the games fun to watch, I dont see it ever happening, what can be done???

I watched a few tournaments where you had to try to make all the shots and they had some funny time limit on the matches, was not a good way to run things. Everytime someone does a no safety tournament like a bar rules one, people find a way to "oops, I missed but hid the cueball by accident".

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Everytime someone does a no safety tournament like a bar rules one, people find a way to "oops, I missed but hid the cueball by accident".

This is a staple in an experienced bar rules player's game. They excel at it.

Maniac

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you got bored watching that level of play you need to take-up ping-pong or darts or something. Pros aren't going to play some wacky made-4-tv style game as you described it.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
If you got bored watching that level of play you need to take-up ping-pong or darts or something. Pros aren't going to play some wacky made-4-tv style game as you described it.

Sorry, I've watched thousands of matches on video and in person. No, I don't need to pick up ping pong smart aleck. 9 ball and ten ball are always the same. I already know what shot they're going to do. The only difference is the pros doing right 99 out of 100. But even the biggest fan can get bored with the same shit. I'd like to enjoy watching just as much as playing. I'm a pool fan. Repetitive games can get tedious. And kid delicious is annoying to watch with his mannerisms and constant tip adjusting and all that. Why do you think earl and jayson Shaw are ALWAYS fun to watch. They play fast and loose. My idea was to let other players do the same. I'm sure it's wishful thinking, just wanted to hear people's thoughts not get called out on my view.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

PoppaSaun

Banned
This isn't rocket surgery. It's called an exhibition and you can bet that every pro has his price. Pay any of them enough and they'll dress up like Daisy Duke and sing yankee-doodle-dandy while shooting off-handed on sloped tables with a combination of snooker balls and pool balls, if you want.

The problem is simply the amount of money.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

I'm not going for everybody gets paid the same...sounds like a Commie plot....:eek:

Pool is a war game...the right shot is the winning shot.

However, here's a scenario where you'll see a contest with no conservative shots....
....and a lot of miraculous full-tilt efforts.

A high priced ring game

It could be done with round robin type groups...with the winner moving to the final group.

Youthbilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not going for everybody gets paid the same...sounds like a Commie plot....:eek:

Pool is a war game...the right shot is the winning shot.

However, here's a scenario where you'll see a contest with no conservative shots....
....and a lot of miraculous full-tilt efforts.

A high priced ring game

It could be done with round robin type groups...with the winner moving to the final group.

There is a good video of this. Involved Kid D, Earl, Alex, and I believe Rodney. It is fun to watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
Sorry, I've watched thousands of matches on video and in person. No, I don't need to pick up ping pong smart aleck. 9 ball and ten ball are always the same. I already know what shot they're going to do. The only difference is the pros doing right 99 out of 100. But even the biggest fan can get bored with the same shit. I'd like to enjoy watching just as much as playing. I'm a pool fan. Repetitive games can get tedious. And kid delicious is annoying to watch with his mannerisms and constant tip adjusting and all that. Why do you think earl and jayson Shaw are ALWAYS fun to watch. They play fast and loose. My idea was to let other players do the same. I'm sure it's wishful thinking, just wanted to hear people's thoughts not get called out on my view.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Bring back bonus ball!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This isn't rocket surgery. It's called an exhibition and you can bet that every pro has his price. Pay any of them enough and they'll dress up like Daisy Duke and sing yankee-doodle-dandy while shooting off-handed on sloped tables with a combination of snooker balls and pool balls, if you want.

The problem is simply the amount of money.
Now that's funny AND dead-on accurate. Its all 'bout the benjamins, nothing else matters to pool pros.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Witnesseth: pt speaketh the truth...eth.

Ring games, 4 players, minimum.

There were events called total offense pool, where each player had to navigate predetermnined layouts and lowest total shots to clear them all won, but it never caught on.

Shame, sounds cool.