Meucci PPAC1

Aggripadarippa

Registered
Hey guys new player here, I've ben playing for a few months now and just recently started to play and learn to play very seriously and actually get into pool, so I went down to a place near me that sells pool cues (gebheardts) and picked up a meucci PPAC1, I really didn't know what I was getting into with this cue and still am not sure if it was a solid purchase, after I got the cue I read online that the meccui brand has a lot of negative feedback on their newer cues compared to their old products which seemed to be very much more durable. Well anyways I took this cue down to the pool hall near my house to practice a bit and the cue seems to be fine in my opinion. Do you guys think I made a good purchase, if not what would be a good cue or brand name in the 200-300 dollar range for me? I hear a lot of good things about Viking nad McDermott but I'm unsure, I know it's probably hard for you guys to pick out a cue or brand for me but if you guys can throw out your opinions it would be much appreciated :). Thanks!

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seems that newer Meucci cues(1-2 years old) are made more solid, I don't heard many problems about them.
Meucci cues have a soft hit, and many players like that.

Viking, McDermott had a different hit, more firm, so If you like the Meucci, it's possible that you'll not like the Viking or McD.

In the 200-300$ price range I'll recommend you a Joss cue, nice solid hit (like Schon, Mezz), great quality and customer service. Also you can look at Pechauer, great cues and made in USA.
If you don't mind you also can find China made cues: Lucasi, Fury.

Here, on AZB forums, there are a lot of nice deals for your money.

PS Your Meucci is a good cue, if you inspect it carefully and don't remark any problems, shoot with it.

Aggripadarippa

Registered
Yah, I DEFINETLY like it, but all the bad feedback about the company in general got me kinda worried, thanks for the feed back though, I'll be sticking with it as long as it plays fine.

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure it will play fine long time.
Don't forget that you have a 12.75 mm tip on your Meucci, another brands, such as Joss, MCD, Viking, Pechauer have 13 mm tips on their standard shafts.

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With a small size tip you can hit the cueball more exactly, but on other side a small tip is unforgiving with stroke problems. 12.75 mm is a good compromise between accuracy and stability.

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
Your cue is just fine for you to start with. Stop worrying so much about your equipment and devote your attention to learning good mechanics, then develop your skill. Seek out a qualified instructor to help you develop your foundation and practice the right things. The more you change equipment the more you hinder your development as a player. You can't buy a good stroke, you have to develop it.

Aggripadarippa

Registered
Your cue is just fine for you to start with. Stop worrying so much about your equipment and devote your attention to learning good mechanics, then develop your skill. Seek out a qualified instructor to help you develop your foundation and practice the right things. The more you change equipment the more you hinder your development as a player. You can't buy a good stroke, you have to develop it.

Thanks will do :), any good instructors you can reccomend near my area, north east PA?

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
Thanks will do :), any good instructors you can reccomend near my area, north east PA?

Scott Lee and Randy G may be coming to your area. Give either of them a message on here and they will get back to you.

Fran teaches in NYC, I'm not sure if she gets to Philly.

Allen Hopkins I believe is still near Valley Forge.

here's a link to PBIA instructors in PA. http://playbetterbilliards.com/?search-class=DB_CustomSearch_Widget-db_customsearch_widget&widget_number=preset-default&cs-pb-name-0=&cs-pb-state-1=PA&cs-pb-level-2=&search=Search

I hope that helps.