NEW Center to Edge (C T E ) Pro One Aiming System

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I promised to share an early impression with all of AZ Billiards on Stan Shuffett's NEW CTE/Pro One Aiming System.

As I have mentioned in past posts in other threads, I don't plan on detailing how Stan's CTE/Pro One Aiming System works. You can buy the video if you think the price is worth it, whenever that might happen to be.

I've used CTE for alignment purposes for a few years now. I always thought that CTE was the best alignment system in the world. It always puts your body in the right spot, at least for me.

I have had lots or problems in the past using CTE for consistently making balls and getting shape. The reason is in my opinion is that I never really "got it" and that is for a variety of different reasons. Some of the reasons are:
I was only able to understand and utilize part of CTE. The old CTE required some intuitive adjustments at least for me but not on all shots. Some shots would split the pocket, some were iffy and some, I was able to make because of my past experience in shooting pool.
Another reason that I had difficulty is that the information out there was difficult to wrap my mind around it. I just didn't quite grasp everything that was being said about CTE.

In fact, there is a lot of misinformation about CTE out there and I would hate to be someone trying to teach CTE with the information of the past as it could be downright confusing.

That being said, I knew that there were people out there who were improving their pool games because of CTE.

Hal Houle and I talked many times over the past few years and I regret not having the urge to learn more about CTE from him.

Stan Shuffett entered the picture a week ago or so and invited to teach me his CTE/Pro One Aiming System. I've always been eager to hear anything that Stan had to say, especially when it comes to pool. Stan is by far the most conscientious pool instructor I know. He practices what he preaches and he can really play. His son, Landon Shuffett is the REAL DEAL and can play at a professional level. Stevie Moore's name is becoming a very recognized professional pool player with all of the tournaments that he has been winning. Stan has taught both of these players his NEW CTE/Pro One Aiming System AND THEY ARE USING IT.

Now along comes JoeyA, practice player extraordinaire..... I've used more aiming systems, methods and techniques than most players ever hear of. I like learning about new things especially as they relate to pool and anything that can improve my game, has my attention.

I have bought and been given more intructional videos than I care to mention and each one of them have taught me something very valuable that has helped my game to develop. I'm still a dog and can't beat any of Houma Troy's boys regardless of what he says but my game has gotten better over the years and I wanted to give myself a chance to learn the NEW CTE/Pro One. Stan has a gift for teaching. He's a professor in his own right and has great communication skills so I figured if he had further defined CTE/Pro One, I had to try learning it from him.

It didn't take long for me to learn the NEW basics of CTE/Pro One.

I immediately started feeling the exuberance that many Houlians exhibit as the system is different from any other system out there.

With the NEW CTE/Pro One Aiming System, some of the things that I experienced were a lack of pressure for pocketing the balls. My old method of shooting pool is basically contact point to contact point and it works pretty well for me.

I soon realized that this aiming system was far more than an alignment system that got you close to the shot. Everyone who uses CTE has improved their game simply because the old CTE system allowed you to have a constant alignment that helps you see the shot better.

What I have come to realize is that Stan's NEW CTE/Pro One is a FINITE, MEASUREABLE and CONSISTENT aiming system.

While it was quite easy for me to learn the system, the fact that I missed some shots bothered me a great deal. I don't like missing shots but I guess it's to be expected when you learn a new system.

The basics of the system are EASY to understand once you get the terminology down pat. I have a unique way of communicating when I want to learn something and Stan tolerated my many questions and he answered each and every question without being irritated (and I had many).

I still miss balls with the system and am not quite up to my normal level of playing but I genuinely believe that my level of play will go beyond the level that I played at using contact point to contact point.

CTE/Pro One is an INCREDIBLE aiming system and Stan's video may change the way people play pool.

I know this is pretty bold statements and if I do what I think I am going to do, you can bank on the NEW CTE/Pro One as becoming the BEST and most popular aiming system on the planet.

Some of you know me as being a fairly logical guy and I condone many of the idiosyncracies of others so I hope that you will give me more time to learn and implement Stan's NEW CTE/Pro One Aiming System before pouncing on me for my perspectives.

I've taught this system to another player who will remain nameless. I had to verify that it could be taught easily to someone who had never seen CTE before. I did this in a VERY short period of time and the results were pretty INCREDIBLE, in my opinion. The person plays pool only occasionally but was able to grasp all of the fundamentals that I shared and was able to pocket balls using this unique system.

I used to get a kick out of people who used CTE and how excited they got when they used CTE. In the past, I had never met anyone who used CTE that could best me playing pool and while some of them could make incredible shots with seemingly relative ease, they were not able to consistently make all of the shots that I could nor could they play shape as consistently well as I could. So I really didn't have a lot of expectation for CTE/Pro One except that I wanted to learn the proper way to use it, all the while hoping that it might improve my game just a smidgeon. With the NEW CTE/Pro One my attitude is changing and my expecations are high.

I've done some small stakes gambling at one pocket games that I usually play at giving up the same small weight to decent players and have managed to win both gambling matches.

In tournament play, I have beaten MANY opponents but have been unable to win ANY tournaments using this system SO FAR.

As I gain more experience with using this NEW aiming system, I will share the news of progress or any trouble spots I come across.

JoeyA

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Thanks for taking the time to post, Dr. Dave has CTE on his web-site, also Hal Houle's 3-angle system.

If you Google search, pro one billiards aiming system you will get a lot of information.

Honestly no matter what "system" you use if you do not have a consistent stroke, a straight stroke, and good fundamentals, the want to get better, and last the will too practice, practice, ad practice small things over and over again until they are second nature.

All this wonderful information is not very useful. Ask the best player you know how they got where they are, and if they are honest they will say one word practice!

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you Joey for the update. I thought your choice of words was understandably guarded, but very promising. Looking forward to your next posts.

Mike

i4pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks JoeyA for the update! I'm looking forward to Stan's video. Also, subscribing to this thread. I'm anxious to hear your progress. :)

Regards,
Abe - i4pool <---------- wants to learn Pro One / CTE from the West Coast

Redneck Jim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the update on your CTE/Pro One journey. Looking forward to hearing more as you get further into your education.

I'd like to suggest that you ask your student "who will remain nameless", to maybe jot down his thoughts on the system as he learns and practices it. If you could talk him into posting his impressions here, I'm sure others besides myself would be interested in the perspective of an occasional player.

Glad to hear that in your opinion, it is a "FINITE, MEASUREABLE and CONSISTENT aiming system". It makes me more anxious to see the DVD when it comes out.

Thanks again for keeping us in the loop.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Thank you Joey. To everyone else and Cocobolo Cowboy as well, PLEASE DISREGARD everything that is on Dr. Dave's website concerning "CTE". It is a compilation of stuff from many sources and is not a complete description of the CTE system. As well it is peppered with OPINIONS on how CTE works by people who don't know the system.

Hal Houle's three angle system is NOT CTE. It is a DIFFERENT method by Hal.

I beg everyone on here to simply read Joey's post and leave it alone UNTIL Stan Shuffet and Dave Segal produce their video on EXACTLY what CTE/Pro One IS according to the THEM and no others.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I beg everyone on here to simply read Joey's post and leave it alone UNTIL Stan Shuffet and Dave Segal produce their video on EXACTLY what CTE/Pro One IS according to the THEM and no others.

The production aspects of the video will primarily fall my way as it will be a kind of full-time endeavor for me before and after its production. Dave's area of responsibilty for the video will be in the area of generating diagrams and such.

Stan Shuffett

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
The production aspects of the video will primarily fall my way as it will be a kind of full-time endeavor for me before and after its production. Dave's area of responsibilty for the video will be in the area of generating diagrams and such.

Stan Shuffett

When will it be available?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When will it be available?[/QUOTE

JimS

I can not be specific concerning timelines. I can tell you that I am moving forward every day. There's a lot to this and I plan on doing this project in a correct manner without any unnecessary delay.

Stan

JoeyA

Silver Member
I beg everyone on here to simply read Joey's post and leave it alone.

John, you're right. My posts are what they are and nothing more. They aren't meant to teach nor is anything else out there.

If everyone cools their jets, Stan Shuffett will have a video that explains it all IN DETAIL!

JoeyA

JoeyA

Silver Member
Thanks for the update on your CTE/Pro One journey. Looking forward to hearing more as you get further into your education.

I'd like to suggest that you ask your student "who will remain nameless", to maybe jot down his thoughts on the system as he learns and practices it. If you could talk him into posting his impressions here, I'm sure others besides myself would be interested in the perspective of an occasional player.

Glad to hear that in your opinion, it is a "FINITE, MEASUREABLE and CONSISTENT aiming system". It makes me more anxious to see the DVD when it comes out.

Thanks again for keeping us in the loop.

That's a good idea Jim about the student but I would prefer to have him share his perspectives with me and I can relay them to the forum because if he posts, he would no longer be "nameless". :)

JoeyA

Redneck Jim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a good idea Jim about the student but I would prefer to have him share his perspectives with me and I can relay them to the forum because if he posts, he would no longer be "nameless". :)

JoeyA

That would work too.

Keep on keeping on ..............

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan,

You are a brilliant guy. The reason I say this, and anyone who has learned from Hal will attest, he ALWAYS asks people to try and come up with their own system, even if it uses some form of his.

You are the only person I know of who was able to take something from Hal and make it easier and better, based on what I hear.

Hal is a GEM and so are you.

Thanks,
Koop

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Stan Shuffett

Well hope you bring your DVD to market soon.

BRKNRUN

Showin some A$$
Silver Member
What I don't understand about all this.....

It seems like after the tip offset and then pivot to center CB I am now simply ending up at one of Hals base 3-line system aim points.

In computer terms it would be like a different GUI that sits atop DOS......but no matter what system (GUI) you use, you still end up at DOS.

Some would say Ghostball is actually DOS, and I would agree if you are using contact point to contact point...but if you are using "aim points" the 3-line system is DOS.

So..my question is...if I can get to the DOS of aiming without all the fancy GUI stuff....(CTE)...what is the advantage of using CTE?

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What I don't understand about all this.....

It seems like after the tip offset and then pivot to center CB I am now simply ending up at one of Hals base 3-line system aim points.

In computer terms it would be like a different GUI that sits atop DOS......but no matter what system (GUI) you use, you still end up at DOS.

Some would say Ghostball is actually DOS, and I would agree if you are using contact point to contact point...but if you are using "aim points" the 3-line system is DOS.

So..my question is...if I can get to the DOS of aiming without all the fancy GUI stuff....(CTE)...what is the advantage of using CTE?

Good question and if you are comfortable with the 3 lines I would say to stick with it. I believe Hal said they all arrive at the same place, just a matter of what you're comfortable with.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's that?

It's been a while but I know that it has to do with the CB and OB divided into 3 vertical lines. One on each side(either the edge or quarter ball) and one straight through the middle.
By lining up two of the lines you will pocket balls like any other system. I just don't remember exactly how it works but that is the premise.