Are these old Moori tips worth anything?

JAlan

Gerbil Jeff
Silver Member
Hi all,

I've been cleaning out my workbench, getting rid of a lot of stuff and I came across these Moori tips and thought I'd see if these are worth anything?

I've had them quite a few years now, but I don't know enough about them to know what series or generation or whatever they are, so I thought I would ask the experts. As you can see, two of them are in the foil packs and one is loose. I know they are two different types obviously.

I was about to list these for sale with a few other tips I'm getting rid of but I seem to remember that some of the older Mooris were bringing some bucks a few years back, not sure if these are it or not.

Let me know your thoughts and honest opinions please so I'll know what to ask.

Thanks,

J. Alan

Attachments

• IMG_0149SM.jpg
    IMG_0149SM.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 551
  • IMG_0150SM.jpg
    IMG_0150SM.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 539

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not really. Those are the ones that have been counterfeit. Plenty of older threads here on the matter. Where the tips came from would mean an awful lot. Genuine first generation Moori tips command a premium for sure. I bought 2 Mediums from a trusted AZ repair guy last year for about 55.00 each. This is from the era when Mr. Moori was making the tips by hand in his kitchen.

Bumlak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not really. Those are the ones that have been counterfeit. Plenty of older threads here on the matter. Where the tips came from would mean an awful lot. Genuine first generation Moori tips command a premium for sure. I bought 2 Mediums from a trusted AZ repair guy last year for about 55.00 each. This is from the era when Mr. Moori was making the tips by hand in his kitchen.

It's unfortunate but I have to agree. I've gotten to the point where if it's Moori, you supply it and I'll put it on. I just don't want to get into a battle with customers on whether or not a tip in "genuine." It's really a shame.