Best way to train for accuracy

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Stripes have to be earned whether it's the military, police force, fire departments, or even corporate America. Let me know when colleges eliminate hazing.

The players who have gotten more crap than newbies, even newbies who talk a big game but play like dogs are the real life PRO PLAYERS who come in to post.

Every one of them has gotten run out and disgusted to the point where they'll never come back. NowTHAT is sick.

And who decides who gets stripes and who does not?

This is not a merit-based environment. Most people don't come here to garnish their egos with everyone else's respect. For all I know, no one here can play pool. Or everyone here could be a world beater. It doesn't matter, because instead of thinking people here need to earn respect, I prefer to start off respecting everybody. That makes it so respect isn't something to earn so much as it is something to loose.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
And who decides who gets stripes and who does not?

What's with you and this "newbie" kick of yours? We were ALL newbies at one time. There are NO stripes. It's more like Baptism by Fire. It's "prove yourself over time with knowledgeable posts" and you'll be respected and accepted. Post like a know-it-all from the start but clearly apparent by everyone that the person is a dumbass and he gets his just due.

This is not a merit-based environment.

Who said it was other than you. "Stripes" was just a phrase. Maybe it should be after you receive a couple of "Purple Hearts".

Most people don't come here to garnish their egos with everyone else's respect.

Not most, but some do. You burst onto the scene here less than a year ago announcing a new FRACTIONAL AIMING SYSTEM to gain respect and customers. Of course in your case it wasn't ego driven. It was purely altruistic. Right? LMAO

For all I know, no one here can play pool. Or everyone here could be a world beater.

They would be well known from tournament play and finishes if they were world beaters. Even as amateurs.

It doesn't matter, because instead of thinking people here need to earn respect, I prefer to start off respecting everybody

Good for you. The world according to BRIAN CRIST.

. That makes it so respect isn't something to earn so much as it is something to loose.

You're pontificating again as usual and you love doing it. Here's the definition of it copy and pasted from the internet.

pontification:
"The act of speaking out for the purpose of hearing oneself speak.

Posturing...speaking to people that don't really care what you say one way or another since you're speaking solely to front yourself as "someone in charge".
Speech or written communication that is generally pointless except to cast favorable light upon the speaker or author as if the message were a pronouncement from on high.

Usually full of shit."

Your above post definitely fits the definition as do many of your other ones.

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
You're pontificating again as usual and you love doing it. Here's the definition of it copy and pasted from the internet.

pontification:
"The act of speaking out for the purpose of hearing oneself speak.

Posturing...speaking to people that don't really care what you say one way or another since you're speaking solely to front yourself as "someone in charge".
Speech or written communication that is generally pointless except to cast favorable light upon the speaker or author as if the message were a pronouncement from on high.

Usually full of shit."

Your above post definitely fits the definition as do many of your other ones.

Once again your wonderful personality shines through. Every time someone points out the obvious mud stirring that turns people away from this forum, you go into attack mode. I simply replied to someone else's post about negativity and nonconstructive posts, where I said "it really shouldn't be a challenge to keep civil conversation, assuming most players here are adults."

I make one little statement and for some reason you choose to make a big deal of it and here we are again going back and fourth. It's a great example of what Cpreacher3 was talking about. And since you started all this again, you can finish it with a few or your own pontificating words.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Once again your wonderful personality shines through. Every time someone points out the obvious mud stirring that turns people away from this forum,

Do you mean the mud stirring that's gone on from a select few gang members toward Hal Houle, Stan Shuffett, CTE, and CTE users over the last 20 years? A gang that you've aligned yourself with? If you had made reference to THAT problem, I would have applauded you and said nothing. But attacks on anybody who is a proponent of the system or the system itself is OK. You don't think I/WE are sick and tired of 20 years of harassment for newbies and long time users?

you go into attack mode. I simply replied to someone else's post about negativity and nonconstructive posts, where I said "it really shouldn't be a challenge to keep civil conversation, assuming most players here are adults."

But as is typical with you, it was an "underlying jab" with the veiled innocence behind it. You pontificating as usual.

I make one little statement and for some reason you choose to make a big deal of it and here we are again going back and fourth.

It's a great example of what Cpreacher3 was talking about. And since you started all this again, you can finish it with a few or your own pontificating words.

Hold on, hold on. I need to get my violin out and play some slow tear jerker type music while I'm reading one of your heart and gut wrenching posts about how I'm the evil one straight out of hell and you're the savior of all newbies flying around with the wings on your back.

Start a thread as a sticky. "BRIAN CRIST WELCOME WAGON THREAD FOR NEWBIES" Get your free fruit or nut basket here.

There are probably more than 10,000 members signed up on this forum. EVERYBODY was a newbie at one time. You either fit in and like it or you don't.
How did so many come to join and post if it was so terrible? EDIT: ERROR ABOVE. There are 42,694 members signed up. ALL NEWBIES AT ONE TIME.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/memberlist.php

Over the last 12 years of my membership I've helped more newbies and regulars with my posts, behind the scene PMs, and meeting up live with them at SBE or elsewhere than you ever will.

EXIT STAGE LEFT IF IT ISN'T YOUR CUP OF TEA

I'm more concerned with PRO PLAYERS getting treated the way they do and lambasted by LOSERS to the point where they leave and never come back.

Doesn't seem to bother you though.

Oh, my prediction...you'll be back pontificating in this thread. You aren't going to prove me correct again, are you?

Last edited: