Aramith Action Room Derby City Classic 2018 Updates

kagewest

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler is not invincible, that's for sure. He just lost to a guy who looked like he was trying to lose. Neither one of them played that good, probably shooting low .800's, if that. I think Filler spread himself a little too thin here. He looks burned out after only two days. He's no Shane or Dennis, that's for sure. He needs to learn how to pace himself better and to get the proper rest he needs between matches. He's only 19 so we'll see what the future holds for him. Maybe he'll retire at 20? :wink2:

All true but at his age his high gear is as good as anyone in the game and to me thats damn impressive. Time will tell how he and his game matures.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Filler is not invincible, that's for sure. He just lost to a guy who looked like he was trying to lose. Neither one of them played that good, probably shooting low .800's, if that. I think Filler spread himself a little too thin here. He looks burned out after only two days. He's no Shane or Dennis, that's for sure. He needs to learn how to pace himself better and to get the proper rest he needs between matches. He's only 19 so we'll see what the future holds for him. Maybe he'll retire at 20? :wink2:

I saw it a bit different.. Ronnie played like pure, unadulterated dog shite, at least compared to his prime... Missing multiple outs once he forced the shot out of Filler. Missing multiple 8s, 9s, and 10s.

Filler didn't miss very many of these, and was extremely consistent getting the racks he was "supposed" to.. The main difference here was... Almost every single time the rack got "funny", with balls in weird positions, Ronnie won.

Also... Filler basically plays bar table position, and the table was 4 1/4" pockets. That type of area position plays havoc with your nerves when the score is close and you have to consistently bomb in long shots to get started. Filler missed a few shots where he just plain played a poor pattern and put himself in a position where he was cutting a ball up the rail thin and having to turn the cue ball with a lot of inside spin to get to a ball in the other rail, same end.

In short, I've always held the opinion that Filler is overrated.. He has a fantastic stroke, and is great at long shots, great fundamentals. Past that, he has the basic safety game Dow pat, but... Would get horsef*ucked by Dennis. As in... If he tried to play Dennis on this table, it might be such a crushing defeat that he doesn't play well for a year or more after it.

Here is another observation... If someone puts Filler in the box against Bergman on this table in a long ten ball race, mortgage your house and bet it on Bergman.

Now, to give him some credit... Filler's fundamentals are so good that I will edit my previous prediction and say he does have some chance to win the Big Foot challenge, because of his long pots and accurate guys. I will also put it out there now.. If he does get tobtge finals, his opponent needs to play bad for him to get there.

In short, I will say again, I think Filler is overrated. He was playing a Filipino who is arguably second rate at this time due to being so rusty, and he was behind the ENTIRE match...

Short Bus Russ

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
I saw it a bit different.. Ronnie played like pure, unadulterated dog shite, at least compared to his prime... Missing multiple outs once he forced the shot out of Filler. Missing multiple 8s, 9s, and 10s.

Filler didn't miss very many of these, and was extremely consistent getting the racks he was "supposed" to.. The main difference here was... Almost every single time the rack got "funny", with balls in weird positions, Ronnie won.

Also... Filler basically plays bar table position, and the table was 4 1/4" pockets. That type of area position plays havoc with your nerves when the score is close and you have to consistently bomb in long shots to get started. Filler missed a few shots where he just plain played a poor pattern and put himself in a position where he was cutting a ball up the rail thin and having to turn the cue ball with a lot of inside spin to get to a ball in the other rail, same end.

In short, I've always held the opinion that Filler is overrated.. He has a fantastic stroke, and is great at long shots, great fundamentals. Past that, he has the basic safety game Dow pat, but... Would get horsef*ucked by Dennis. As in... If he tried to play Dennis on this table, it might be such a crushing defeat that he doesn't play well for a year or more after it.

Here is another observation... If someone puts Filler in the box against Bergman on this table in a long ten ball race, mortgage your house and bet it on Bergman.

Now, to give him some credit... Filler's fundamentals are so good that I will edit my previous prediction and say he does have some chance to win the Big Foot challenge, because of his long pots and accurate guys. I will also put it out there now.. If he does get tobtge finals, his opponent needs to play bad for him to get there.

In short, I will say again, I think Filler is overrated. He was playing a Filipino who is arguably second rate at this time due to being so rusty, and he was behind the ENTIRE match...

Short Bus Russ

I don't tune in much these days, so I can't really argue with any of Filler's critics. What is notable though is that his profile is so high as to garner so many, so he must be doing something right.

One question, what 15 to 22 year old player would be favored to beat him? Just curious.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't tune in much these days, so I can't really argue with any of Filler's critics. What is notable though is that his profile is so high as to garner so many, so he must be doing something right.

One question, what 15 to 22 year old player would be favored to beat him? Just curious.

Ko Ping Chung.

I might like one of the two Russians or Kaci.

Last edited:

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the new phillipine kid James Aranas is very young and has a great game.

Also new comer Klenti Kaci.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Why do so many hate Filler? Because he acts like Shaw, Earl, Appleton, Hatch? Johnnyt

rivercitysledge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Short Bus Russ

if ronnie is a second rate player like you say pick 5 americans that you will bet on against him and ill pick one and be there in 3 hrs....5k min...time to put up

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Not exactly true.
Ronnie imo shld have been the best player to come outta philipines after efren if he got his stuff together right.
Ronnie's knowledge , stroke ,wisdom n safety game is way superior over dennis if he actually had the right attitude to practice but he chose to threw it away and the exception that dennis has more shot-making firepower.
Thats explains why ronnie has 2 world titles, a us open and a subsequent runner-up world 9 ball while dennis has only 1 world title.

On the other hand, filler is getting there which reminds me of a young jayson n wu that explains his china open victory.
Also didnt he he just destroyed jeffrey de luna with a huge margin ?

Jus my 2cents.

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

He wouldnt want to face child prodigy 16 yr old Wu Chia Ching .
And with all variables aside, 16 yr old filler wldnt stand a chance from 16 yr old wu who ran 5 n out for the youngest ever world 9ball title
16 yr wu can prob give him the 7 playing 9 ball

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you don't think a guy is the player he's being hyped-up to be, that means you "hate" him?

Also, to see a guy with the presence of the kid working behind the counter at an ice cream shop act the way he does when he wins is jarring to the psyche... Leaves a bad impression.

rivercitysledge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I interpreted it as second-rate Filipino player. Can he pick 5 Pinoys?

I know Ronnie I don't know many other pinoys I'm not putting my money between them though he can pick an American player... being second-rate and all he should have a whole bushel basket full of people... he quoted Ronnie as being Filipino and also said second-rate player

Last edited:

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know Ronnie I don't know many other pinoys I'm not putting my money between them though he can pick an American player... being second-rate and all he should have a whole bushel basket full of people

i don't know how the americans entered this conversation. but, if ronnie wants to get in the box against shane, i have a feeling he'll need to bring his own money.

rivercitysledge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i don't know how the americans entered this conversation. but, if ronnie wants to get in the box against shane, i have a feeling he'll need to bring his own money.

Well Shane is a tier 1player Ronnie apparently is a tier 2 player but that's one choice pick 4 more then ill choose

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Josh Roberts vs Lil John playing some 600 a game one pocket now

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 961

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Short Bus Russ
Considering nobody outside of Europe even heard of Filler just a couple years ago, the fact that he is garnering so much attention as his age says a lot. Let's see where his game is 5 years from now? My guess is among the top 3 rotation players in the world.