Predator Revo Shafts

gordml

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok this is for all who are now using a Revo shaft.
Whats the verdict?
Please provide a quick review.
Happy? Just Ok? Best shaft ever?
Thanks in advance.
gordml

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been playing with it since about a month after they came out.
My verdict is that they're ok.
I still prefer solid maple.
In my opinion they are definitely note worth the 500 bucks.
The major advantage that I have noticed is that they don't
scratch or ding easily at all. I have dropped mine on the floor
several times and it still is like new. So gone are the days
of spending all night buffing out a scratches or a dings.
As to the playability, as I said above, still prefer solid maple
with a good single layer tip.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had mine a couple of months, the 12.4. I previously used the OB2+ 11.9. The Revo is as close to zero deflection as I've played with, even less than the OB2+. Nearly indestructible, also stays slick so a glove really isn't necessary. I think it delivers more energy to the ball due to being so stiff. Very consistent.

Only thing that takes some getting used to is the sound. But like most things, shafts are personal preference. If you're accustomed to playing with low deflection shafts, you'll probably really like it. If you are accustomed to heavy maple shafts, will certainly take quite a bit of time to get used to it.

Given the price, I'd recommend waiting until you can play with one. I hit quite a bit with several before pulling the trigger.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It definitly has a different hit. It took me some time to get used to but now I love it. I can say I had to play with 314/2 for a couple days when I got a softer tip put on it and I realized how much more I liked the revo over that. To me $500 is that big a deal so the cost played no factor.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I must have had my REVO shaft for a couple of months now. It is a custom Revo, 30" long and 12.0 mm diameter at tip. I can draw the ball more easily with this cue than any other cue I have ever used, which also means that I can spin the cue ball more easily and therein lies a problem. Maybe I haven't gotten used to the additional spin but every now and then I miss a shot because I throw the object ball too much with outside spin on the cue ball. Perhaps, I just need to be more mindful of the potential for too much throw on the object ball.

A few others have tried it and liked the way the shaft plays as I do. It has similar low cue ball deflection properties to my Performance Plus cues/DymondWood shafts and while I have been practicing with it for a while, I think I may go back to using the PP cue soon, just to compare.

JoeyA

WillyCornbread

Break and One
Silver Member
1 week

Been playing with mine for about a week now and I love it.

You do give up that crips hit sound and a bit of feel imo, but the tradeoff for the durability of the shaft, the slickness of it and the fact that I find it very forgiving of slightly off center hits on long shots is worth it to me.

I find I can spin the ball with ease, I'm still adjusting to the lack of squirt, but I can tell already that I'll be using this for the foreseeable future.

b

Stew_Pidaso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got mine with the P3's that originally came out back in June of 2016 and have been playing with it ever since. It is the most solid/firm hit of any LD shaft I have ever tried and instantly knew it was the shaft I was looking for. I might be tone deaf or something, but the sound was never an issue for me to get used to. Nor was the color of the shaft. I look at the object ball when I pull the trigger, so I don't even notice the shaft color when shooting the shot. I don't use the wipes, just a damp paper towel to wipe the shaft down (usually after using the restroom and bring the damp towel after washing my hands). The shaft is virtually indestructible under normal use. Accidentally hitting the light, or slipping out of your hand and hitting the side of the table no longer put a knick in your shaft that you have to have removed. Yes, it can be broken if hit hard enough, but that isn't normal play or use and any shaft will still break and most likely, a lot easier than the Revo will.

I will also add that more and more pros (including those that aren't sponsored by Predator) are making the switch to the Revo. Darren even said that he doesn't ever seeing himself playing with a wooden shaft ever again. Obviously you're never supposed to say never, but that is a pretty strong statement.

tashworth19191

Pool will make you humble
Silver Member
I also got mine as a P3 because when I got it they were not just selling the shaft sepearately. I use it on my 8k-4 Predator all the time. The uni-loc fits all of my other uni-loc joints.

I like it so much I bought another one as a backup. It seems to have a stiffer hit, but gives less deflection than the Predator Vantage shaft that I was using. It is almost impossible to put a ding in this shaft. I have had it nocked over several times with no damage and also got it caught in a cieling fan with no damage.

It hits good to me at slow speed and applies plenty of english when hitting softly. Since I am trying to be more of a finese player this helps my game alot. I can get the action on the cue ball and still hit it soft.

I have tried the Kamui Clear Soft, Predator Victory Soft and the Kamikazee Soft. So far I prefer the hit of the Kamikazee Soft. I did hit a few balls with a friends Revo with a G2 Medium on it and it hits well at harder hits, but I still like a soft tip.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the 12.9, the 12.4, and the Revo break cue. Love them all. They play great, are indestructable (under normal use), and as others have said, have the lowest deflection (almost zero) of any shaft I've played with.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

dnixon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had mine for a couple months now took some getting used to but the best shaft I ever owned-wouldn't trade it for anything else.

WillyCornbread

Break and One
Silver Member
I got mine with the P3's that originally came out back in June of 2016 and have been playing with it ever since. It is the most solid/firm hit of any LD shaft I have ever tried and instantly knew it was the shaft I was looking for. I might be tone deaf or something, but the sound was never an issue for me to get used to. Nor was the color of the shaft. I look at the object ball when I pull the trigger, so I don't even notice the shaft color when shooting the shot. I don't use the wipes, just a damp paper towel to wipe the shaft down (usually after using the restroom and bring the damp towel after washing my hands). The shaft is virtually indestructible under normal use. Accidentally hitting the light, or slipping out of your hand and hitting the side of the table no longer put a knick in your shaft that you have to have removed. Yes, it can be broken if hit hard enough, but that isn't normal play or use and any shaft will still break and most likely, a lot easier than the Revo will.

I will also add that more and more pros (including those that aren't sponsored by Predator) are making the switch to the Revo. Darren even said that he doesn't ever seeing himself playing with a wooden shaft ever again. Obviously you're never supposed to say never, but that is a pretty strong statement.

Not 100% sure about this, but from what I understand the Predator reps have said to not use water on the shaft at all. Might want to look into that...

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like high quality solid maple best.
The Revo I had the opportunity to hit with felt
like I was shooting with a piece of a coat hanger.
Everyone has their preference for the "hit" they like.
This shaft feels soft, muted, and dull.
I will say that at least the hit was very consistent.
The feel of the hit is comparable to the cheapest wood shaft,
but with no squirt or deflection.
Honestly, it's weird.
I'm guessing sponsorship, and contractual
agreements, will keep pros saying kind things
about anything that puts food on the table.
The power of suggestion from a pro is a
mighty advertising tool.
If you can't already run a rack,
this shaft will not change that fact.
It's a neat marketing maneuver to bring another
product to market under their line.
It's definitely no advancement of science in any way.
In my very humble opinion, their best shafts were
the 314/2 and Z2 shafts.
Those felt solid and crisp; like a high quality
AAA+++ solid maple shaft with a nice ping.
This new piece of pencil lead left me unimpressed.

WillyCornbread

Break and One
Silver Member
Honestly, it's weird.
mighty advertising tool.
the 314/2 and Z2 shafts.

Everyone has their own preference, but to say that there is definitely no advancement of science in any way is a stretch. Like it or not, it's an advancement of options in the game, and an virtually indestructible, slick shaft with a fat diameter but with the same deflection properties of a thin Z3 style shaft is certainly an advancement.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't have any idea what you're talking about. The pro players that use the Revo shaft are not paid to use it. They use it because they prefer the way it hits (as do I). Tony Robles says he'll never play with wood again. That's a pretty strong recommendation from a pro player.

Scott Lee

Honestly, it's weird.
mighty advertising tool.
the 314/2 and Z2 shafts.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I liked it so much, I now have 3 of them plus the bkrush, so 4 in total. The 3 shooters are all 12.4mm & plan on getting the 11.8mm if they do eventually come out with it like I beard a while back.

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
Good shaft, I like it a lot - but it is overpriced imho. Think I still prefer the Joss HP.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Absolutely love my 12.9 REVO shafts. I have two of them and have sold all other valuable cues. Never dents or dings so will pay for it's self that way over time.

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't have any idea what you're talking about. The pro players that use the Revo shaft are not paid to use it. They use it because they prefer the way it hits (as do I). Tony Robles says he'll never play with wood again. That's a pretty strong recommendation from a pro player.

Scott Lee

Thank you for clearing that up.
The "food on the table" was a blanket statement.
It was my sincere belief that sponsored team members
received some form of compensation.
Like entry fees and travel expenses covered, plus free equipment... Given some type of performance clause.
Also, that a NDA would prevent any pro from publicly disclosing whatever benefits they do receive from their sponsor.
While it may not be for me, people must really love it to have
such a great following!
No doubt Tony is top notch.
He was great before the Revo as well.

buckets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i hate the sound it makes as it slides through my fingers

other than that it's fine

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I've been playing with the Revo for a year and a half now. I have zero complaints. I feel it's given me a more consistent hit and improved my pocketing with english. I'm not saying it's the only factor but I've played in 10 tournaments now with the Revo and I've won over $3000.