Mezz Kai

LJhookem14

My friends call me LJ
Silver Member
Anyone have a good comparison the kai vs the mezz PB2 w deep impact 2 shaft, I currently own. There was a markedly noticeably, difference in power when I went from the DI 1 to the DI2 shaft. IT rocked!!

The sonic tip is great for a center break... but if you want more action or break with the "8 ball side break" you may want to go to the samsara.

Anyone have experience with shooting both models here?

I have a Samsara tip coming on my Mezz PB Kai XPG so your comment makes me feel good about my choice.

If you lived close to Houston, you'd be welcome to use mine.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

LJhookem14

My friends call me LJ
Silver Member
Received the Kai XPG yesterday and wow, it's amazing and this is the first time I've had a Samsara tip on.

After the first few breaks, it kinda scared me cause it sounded like shattered glass somewhat when I hit the ball. I would check the shaft and tip and the tip even showed I was hitting center mass.

The grip to me is amazing and I've always really liked the rubber grips.

brentinps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I appreciate the offer LJhookum... that would be great to try out your but unfortunately I am not ever in Houston. Hopefully you will come across a PB2 W DI2 to give us the answer we have been seeking re best hit.

minh2015

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LJhookem14 how is the Kai compare to the BK3? Also the XPG grip, is it slipery or sticky? Thanks

LJhookem14

My friends call me LJ
Silver Member
I only tried the BK3 a few times before a tournament and it had their standard phenolic tip, but I liked it quite a bit and it felt really well balanced in my hand.

I've only went out 1 night to play with the Kai and it felt great as well. As I've said above, I had the Samsara tip put on so I could use it in every setting and it was rocking the balls.

Right now I just haven't used it enough to fully get used to it but when I do I will come back to report my findings.

Early opinion is its possibly in a class by itself.

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone have a good comparison the kai vs the mezz PB2 w deep impact 2 shaft, I currently own. There was a markedly noticeably, difference in power when I went from the DI 1 to the DI2 shaft. IT rocked!!

The sonic tip is great for a center break... but if you want more action or break with the "8 ball side break" you may want to go to the samsara.

Anyone have experience with shooting both models here?

Brent,

Here's a little necropost action here for you.

I currently own a PB II with a DI I shaft (brown ferrule) (not sure of the tip, maybe Samsara, as I bought it used). I also own a Kai with a DI II shaft, sonic tip. All shafts and butts have been interchanged with several good players/breakers getting a chance to try them back-to-back. Some guys liked the PB but the majority liked the Kai. To a man, all said that the shaft was the difference with all votes going to the DI II shaft. The only thing mentioned against the PB II was the short OAL. They all want to know how much the shaft/complete cue costs. I personally like the DI II shaft a lot, with my vote going to the Kai butt. That may change as I've not tried the PB II since I added .86oz to it.

Keith