8b rule?

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I have 2 solids left. Shot the 3-ball in left corner, the cb swung around and knocked in the 4-ball that was hanging near the side-pocket. I then shot in the 8-ball and won.

So after that game, the guy said, "next time, you have to call the combo". I said, what combo? I shot my object ball and it went in. He didnt say anything after and continued to rack.

We were playing call pockets, BIH anywhere on fouls, and open table after the break.

I think the guy was just shaken up that I was beating him.

Am I right or wrong here?

Thanks.

Last edited:

kaylaemarx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The 8-ball game is all about positioning. Therefore, you are better off setting the cue ball at an angle to position your ball rather than stressing on the straight and shorter path.

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
So I have 2 solids left. Shot the 3-ball in left corner, the cb swung around and knocked in the 4-ball that was hanging near the side-pocket. I then shot in the 8-ball and won.

So after that game, the guy said, "next time, you have to call the combo". I said, what combo? I shot my object ball and it went in. He didnt say anything after and continued to rack.

We were playing call pockets, BIH anywhere on fouls, and open table after the break.

I think the guy was just shaken up that I was beating him.

Am I right or wrong here?

Thanks.

You are right gxman....... I have no idea what kaylaemarx is suggesting to your question.
I don't think that shot should even be called a combo. It would be a CB carom off the OB.
If you called the 3.... the 4 ball is a legal ball, unless you are playing some different rules.

Last edited:

johnhardy

Registered
What you did was NOT a combination shot. You shot your ball and it went into the obvious or called pocket. Legal shot. The fact that the cue ball continued moving and sank another ball is both legal and irrelevant.