Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Accessory reviews
Reload this Page Anyone try one of Bill's PreciSion Layered Tips! Check it out
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
taozhong
AzB Silver Member
taozhong has a reputation beyond reputetaozhong has a reputation beyond reputetaozhong has a reputation beyond reputetaozhong has a reputation beyond reputetaozhong has a reputation beyond reputetaozhong has a reputation beyond reputetaozhong has a reputation beyond reputetaozhong has a reputation beyond reputetaozhong has a reputation beyond reputetaozhong has a reputation beyond reputetaozhong has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-16-2017, 02:18 AM

I absolutely love these tips. They've dethroned the G2s for me. Any idea where they're made?

My Arsenal

Playing Cues: Omen Fullsplice from John Davis Blank
Others: Jerry Rauenzahn Ebony on Ebony Fullsplice, Omen Cocobolo with Curly Maple Plain Jane, Omen Birdseye Maple Plain Jane, Kenny Murrell, Joey Bautista Plain Jane, 1993 Schon SL-6

Break Cue: Predator BK3, TNT Break Jump Cue with Purpleheart Shaft

Jump Cue: JnJ Jump Cue

Cue Cases: John Barton 3x6 Ultimate Rugged, John Barton J.Flowers Cue Case, Mezz 3x5, 2x4 It's George, 2x4 Brunswick It's George

Review of Searing's PreciSion "Sunset" tip (soft)
Old
  (#17)
pho_choob
Be the Cueball
pho_choob is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Review of Searing's PreciSion "Sunset" tip (soft) - 02-02-2017, 09:21 PM

Intro: Making a review of Searing's precision cue tip (soft) after I adjusted from my previous tip (ultraskin pro soft - great tip).

Tip installation: I install tips by hand and this tip was a pleasure to install. It cut in ribbons and had the most interesting colors with shades of brown, yellow, and orange.

Tip configuration: Nickel dome top + 5 complete layers underneath, left the tip tall.

Hit: If I was blindtesting this cue tip, I would rate it to be harder than a soft (closer to a medium).
It was firmer than my ultraskin pro soft that I played for a year (about twice a week and approximately 2 hours session, less than half tip remaining) and harder than a fresh g2 soft tip (from my friend's new cue with vikore dampening shaft). I was given more speed from the PreciSion soft tip.
The tip hits very solid which is what Searing was going for.

Spin: The spin is Controllable. This tip allowed me to do anything that was needed with a large margin to work with.

Lower Deflection: Even leaving the tip fairly tall (nickel dome + five complete layers underneath it) I noticed lower deflection and had to adjust for it.

Overall an A+ High Quality layered tip that is easy to install, has a firmer and more solid hit, and controllable spin.

Old
  (#18)
Kevin Lindstrom
AzB Silver Member
Kevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 6237

02-03-2017, 11:55 AM

I will have one of these on my new Jim Pierce cue that is supposed to be in my hands one day next week. Can't wait to try the cue and the tip, should be a wonderful combination from what I hear.

Kevin

SCREW IT LETS RIDE

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: