Searing Tips review
Old
  (#1)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Searing Tips review - 02-07-2017, 07:12 PM

Was pretty surprised there was not a thread here about them, but I'm sure there are some in the main section.

Just had a Soft Dennis Searing tip put on an OB shaft.

Played for about 3 hours with it just banging around and 4 gambling sets (to make sure I focused LOL).

Is it Soft like a Kamui Black or like a Soft k-tech (Renfro) tip, no. It feels like a Medium Kamui Black. I actually wish I played with the standard Kamui to compare it to, I have a felling it will be close to a Soft Kamui standard tip.

Hit feels good, but not great for my taste. It's a bit too firm for a Soft IMHO. I like my soft tips to be more like an eraser and this one was firmer, I did not feel the same give on the hit as I did with several other soft tips.

So it's a step behind a Kamui Soft Black for me.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#2)
bbb
AzB Gold Member
bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

02-07-2017, 07:54 PM

i have to say i am the exception (see my thread in the main forum )
but for the first few hours the precision soft was the greatest tip ever regarding the amount of draw/ spiin i coudl generate
after that it it started glazing alot and i eventually cut it off for a g2 soft
again my experience is not what many others have reported

Last edited by bbb; 02-08-2017 at 04:17 AM. Reason: spelling

Old
  (#3)
Bank it
Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Bank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-08-2017, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
i have to say i am the exception (see my thread in the main forum )

but for the first few hours the precision sift was the greatest tip ever regarding the amount of draw/ spiin i coudl generate

after that it it started glazing alot and i eventually cut it off for a g2 soft

again my experience is not what many others have reported

What kind of chalk do you use?

Everyone Sees What I Appear To Be,
Few Experience What I Really Am...

You think that you're one thing, but understand that you're seen as another, so you suspect that maybe you are the other, but you don't know what that means... "Calhoun"

Old
  (#4)
bbb
AzB Gold Member
bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

02-08-2017, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank it View Post
What kind of chalk do you use?
master blue

Old
  (#5)
Bank it
Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Bank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond repute

02-08-2017, 05:18 AM

Quote:
master blue

Well many have debated new masters blue vs pre Flag masters. I believe new masters blue doesn't have as much abrasive grit as its former counter part. Try a different chalk with a higher abrasive content. I often find those that have glazing problems with tips often use the "softer" chalks that have gained popularity in recent years. JMO/YMMV

Everyone Sees What I Appear To Be,
Few Experience What I Really Am...

You think that you're one thing, but understand that you're seen as another, so you suspect that maybe you are the other, but you don't know what that means... "Calhoun"

Old
  (#6)
bbb
AzB Gold Member

02-08-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank it View Post
Well many have debated new masters blue vs pre Flag masters. I believe new masters blue doesn't have as much abrasive grit as its former counter part. Try a different chalk with a higher abrasive content. I often find those that have glazing problems with tips often use the "softer" chalks that have gained popularity in recent years. JMO/YMMV
appreciate your helpfull comments
and i dont want to side track the thread so i will say this and then you can pm me f you wish
i have always used masters chalk for the last 5 years
using g2 for almost 2 years
no glazing problem

Old
  (#7)
Type79
AzB Gold Member
Type79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond reputeType79 has a reputation beyond repute

02-08-2017, 11:15 AM

I recently had a Precision medium installed and haven't made a final decision on my impression, but one observation is that I find the medium to be soft and so far it has required regular reshaping.

Old
  (#8)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P

GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

02-13-2017, 05:31 AM

Quote:
appreciate your helpfull comments
and i dont want to side track the thread so i will say this and then you can pm me f you wish
i have always used masters chalk for the last 5 years
using g2 for almost 2 years
no glazing problem
There is nothing wrong with Master's. Good stuff. As for the tip thanks for the review. Like everything a tip is a personal choice.

Doc Frye

I need more Cues likes a snail needs air brakes

Old
  (#9)
cubswin
Just call me Joe...
cubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond repute

02-28-2017, 10:16 AM

Playing with a medium and like it. Some minor mushrooming, but that is easy to fix.

""It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie

Old
  (#10)
Jon Manning
AzB Silver Member
Jon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond repute

03-01-2017, 02:13 AM

Put a medium on a month ago, pretty good tip. Haven't had any issues, it reminds me of the old Moori's

Searing tips are Awesome!
Old
  (#11)
MalibuMike
AzB Silver Member
MalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to MalibuMike  
Searing tips are Awesome! - 08-02-2017, 02:11 PM

I like them better then Moori, Tailsmen, any Zan or Kamui..........
I play with a Medium and it has just gotten better with age!
Try using the new Taom Chalk, it is amazing, better then Kamui .98 and Zero Mess on CB or Table!

All is Grace,
"Malibu" Mike Murphy

Shooter: Schon R-14 light Blue w/Schon Stitched 30" Mezz EXPROShaft with PreciSion Tips from Dennis Searing (Medium)
Spare Cue: Schon LTD 8?? one of one, Bocote forearm, Tulip wood in points/Jacoby Hybrid Shaft 31" with PreciSion (Med.) Tip
: 80's Red R14 New Stacked Leather Wrap with early 80's rare Runde 30" Shaft Micarta Ferrule 13mm (on Top)

Old
  (#12)
TILT9
T I L T - 9
TILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond reputeTILT9 has a reputation beyond repute

08-02-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Manning View Post
Put a medium on a month ago, pretty good tip.
Haven't had any issues, it reminds me of the old Moori's
Yeah , a little more bouncy.
Any consolation , I'm trying out Tom Hay's SIB Pro Soft and Soft.
just ordered them , we'll see.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: