Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Reviews
Reload this Page who makes the best playing cue???
Page 2 of 12 12 34 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#16)
AK-Stick
AzB Silver Member
AK-Stick has a reputation beyond reputeAK-Stick has a reputation beyond reputeAK-Stick has a reputation beyond reputeAK-Stick has a reputation beyond reputeAK-Stick has a reputation beyond reputeAK-Stick has a reputation beyond reputeAK-Stick has a reputation beyond reputeAK-Stick has a reputation beyond reputeAK-Stick has a reputation beyond reputeAK-Stick has a reputation beyond reputeAK-Stick has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-23-2011, 04:16 PM

Of the ones i have owned Barry,Searing,Gus,Schick,Southwest,Perry Weston,Mike Bender,Gina, Jerry R, all of them thier wasnt one I didnt like or wish I still had. Good luck getting one of them though.

I have a new John Bender that i haven't hit yet but this is the second cue I have of his so that should say something. Hit is very personal but to be honest you have to play a few and see what you like. I truely believe that any of the more respected builders on AZ turn out a cue that hits look at this tread in cue reviews(stiffest and most solid cue that you've hit with??? ) or this trhead in the general forum (What's the best cue you've ever shot with? ).

Old
  (#17)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

08-23-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuesblues View Post
Here's a few cues that I like to play with.
Any of them could be considered "The Best"

Cognoscenti
Josswest
South West
Ernie Martinez
James White
Tim Scruggs
Jensen
Tad
Judd Fuller
Chris Byrne
Colorado Cues
Andy Gilbert
Dave Kikel
Cory Barnhart
Not even an honorable mention for my Lucasi?
See if you get anymore rides home

Playng cue- Troy Downey
Back up cue - The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Still straighter than 90 % of all Meucci cues ever made
"Russian Magic Chalk- good enough to steal".

Russian Magic chalk is the nuts.
Its so good my last and only cube was stolen off the table when I went to the bath room.
They left my $1000 cue but stole my chalk, how strong is that?

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Last edited by measureman; 09-11-2011 at 09:12 PM.

It's which ever I screw together
Old
  (#18)
HollyWood
AzB Silver Member
HollyWood has a reputation beyond reputeHollyWood has a reputation beyond reputeHollyWood has a reputation beyond reputeHollyWood has a reputation beyond reputeHollyWood has a reputation beyond reputeHollyWood has a reputation beyond reputeHollyWood has a reputation beyond reputeHollyWood has a reputation beyond reputeHollyWood has a reputation beyond reputeHollyWood has a reputation beyond reputeHollyWood has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15000

Exclamation It's which ever I screw together - 08-23-2011, 08:50 PM

I usually shoot with like 2 of 10 cues along. Its a mental perspective. I can warm up (get excited playing with them all.) There's some addition fine tuning(thickness for tips , ivory) Length, or not-)gambling I always prefer wrapless(I sweat )and hold the chalk bridge hand. Every cue I have so far is an exceptional Player. I feel because in 45 yrs I should know all the different preferences. It s the Indian not just a big quiver of arrows. You can be a world champion- and use the cue tech(with his mcdermott shaft- of old (earl strickland) (new sponsor shane- does he play better with his mothers cue(schon and his Joss shaft Hell yes, can he beat the world with a sponsor' s cue hell yes. Just takes practice with the sp.cue mark

Old
  (#19)
GaryB
AzB Silver Member
GaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond repute

08-23-2011, 10:21 PM

I'll stick with JoeyInCali waiting on my 2nd. I think that what he is making now is even a bit superior to my current Bubinga and his other cues of the past. Like all things pertaining to cues this statement is pretty subjective but if you like a stiff, solid hit he is a pretty good bet.

Old
  (#20)
Koop
AzB Silver Member
Koop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 65510

08-24-2011, 08:42 AM

For me, it's Mike Webb, hands down.
Second choice would be Joel Hercek.

Playing Cue: Mike Webb

Old
  (#21)
Lexicologist71
Rabid Schuler fanatic
Lexicologist71 has a reputation beyond reputeLexicologist71 has a reputation beyond reputeLexicologist71 has a reputation beyond reputeLexicologist71 has a reputation beyond reputeLexicologist71 has a reputation beyond reputeLexicologist71 has a reputation beyond reputeLexicologist71 has a reputation beyond reputeLexicologist71 has a reputation beyond reputeLexicologist71 has a reputation beyond reputeLexicologist71 has a reputation beyond reputeLexicologist71 has a reputation beyond repute

08-24-2011, 11:05 AM

Of course, I have to chime in with Ray Schuler. I kinda like the way my own cue plays, but there's only a few of them in existence thus far. Only I have heard of them.

Paul Disbennet
Tullahoma, TN

Old
  (#22)
BradenK
My Thight HURTS!!!
BradenK has a reputation beyond reputeBradenK has a reputation beyond reputeBradenK has a reputation beyond reputeBradenK has a reputation beyond reputeBradenK has a reputation beyond reputeBradenK has a reputation beyond reputeBradenK has a reputation beyond reputeBradenK has a reputation beyond reputeBradenK has a reputation beyond reputeBradenK has a reputation beyond reputeBradenK has a reputation beyond repute

08-24-2011, 03:03 PM

The best for me that I have ever owned so far was an old sneaky, hustler style, made by Tim Scruggs. It hit very firm, but the right amount of feedback so as not to lose any touch. I have hit with a friend's Southwest, and the damn thing hits like a cannon, but somehow also manages to balance the feedback well. Amazing playing cue. Another friend has an older steel jointed Gina that plays lights out.

I have an old Black Boar RS-4 coming soon, and I cannot wait. I have had enough people I trust say that even the old ones play better than most cues in the world. The next cue I buy will probably be a Lambros. Again, so many people love his cues.

If I could pick one cue maker to make me a personal playing cue, it would be Tony Scianella. Hands down. I would love to have a Searing, or Mobley, or Showman, or Hercek, but people I really trust tell me that the Boar's are not just hype.

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned."

Playing Cue: Black Boar RS-4
Custom Case: Garth Bair 2x4 custom case

Old
  (#23)
cue_47
AzB Silver Member
cue_47 has a reputation beyond reputecue_47 has a reputation beyond reputecue_47 has a reputation beyond reputecue_47 has a reputation beyond reputecue_47 has a reputation beyond reputecue_47 has a reputation beyond reputecue_47 has a reputation beyond reputecue_47 has a reputation beyond reputecue_47 has a reputation beyond reputecue_47 has a reputation beyond reputecue_47 has a reputation beyond repute

09-09-2011, 05:39 PM

For me I like my Scruggs and second Gina cue. I'm really liking my Gina.

Old
  (#24)
DunnM1
AzB Silver Member
DunnM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDunnM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDunnM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDunnM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDunnM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDunnM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDunnM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDunnM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDunnM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDunnM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDunnM1 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-09-2011, 06:11 PM

My top three.

1. Richard Chudy
2. Richard Chudy
3. Richard Chudy

Or rc3.

Enough said!

Old
  (#25)
JCIN
TheActionReport.com
JCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond reputeJCIN has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900
  Send a message via AIM to JCIN  
09-09-2011, 06:36 PM

I like S cues:

South West
Showman
Sugartree

Old
  (#26)
CocoboloCowboy
AzB Silver Member
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

09-09-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyInCali View Post
Only homeless people think Taco Bell is good
The TS asked for an opinion
Why do you make it complicated Bruce?
Truth is BEST is like asking what is the BEST WOOD TO BUILD A CUE OUT OF, OR THE BEST FINISH TO PUT ON A CUE, BEST TIP, OR THE BEST PIN SIZE TO USE.

If there was a BEST ALL CUE WITH HAVE XXX PIN, OR BE BUILT OUT OF XXX WOOD, OR HAVE A XXX TIP. XXX Means fill in the blank.

I M H O there is no best just what you happen to like.

Allison Fisher plays with a Cue-Tech, does that mean Cue-Tech is BERST, or Allison skill make it work best.

Old
  (#27)
fathomblue
Rusty Shackleford
fathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond repute

09-10-2011, 08:13 AM

Has anyone here hit with a Jim Buss? How do his cues feel? Quality of work?

Old
  (#28)
acousticsguru
player/instructor
acousticsguru has a reputation beyond reputeacousticsguru has a reputation beyond reputeacousticsguru has a reputation beyond reputeacousticsguru has a reputation beyond reputeacousticsguru has a reputation beyond reputeacousticsguru has a reputation beyond reputeacousticsguru has a reputation beyond reputeacousticsguru has a reputation beyond reputeacousticsguru has a reputation beyond reputeacousticsguru has a reputation beyond reputeacousticsguru has a reputation beyond repute

09-10-2011, 09:24 AM

Tascarella, Southwest, Schick, Joss West and Lambros are my favourites thus far. The first two are perhaps a bit more hit-and-miss in the sense that one can get lucky and get a Tascarella like mine that's unbelievably good to play with, but I've tried others (= that were still above average, of course, and well made, but not exceptional). Having said that, the same is true of many other top cue makers whose workmanship would be otherwise appealing. Southwest I've liked most of the ones I tried but not all, and not all are as straight as my Jerry Franklin original (= like an arrow). Schick I've only tried about three or so, all great players and perfect workmanship. My experience with Bill Stroud is positive but again limited to a handful of cues, among them a couple I have the pleasure to play with when I'm re-tipping them for a friend. But if I needed a cue, and I mean soon (not in ten years from now), plus had to pay for it with my own money, I'd go for Lambros. He'll play with each one of his cues for half an hour or so before shipping out, to make sure it hits as well as his clientele expects. And he'll listen to what you want and need in a cue!

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

Last edited by acousticsguru; 09-11-2011 at 01:48 PM.

Old
  (#29)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

09-11-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoboloCowboy View Post
Truth is BEST is like asking what is the BEST WOOD TO BUILD A CUE OUT OF, OR THE BEST FINISH TO PUT ON A CUE, BEST TIP, OR THE BEST PIN SIZE TO USE.

If there was a BEST ALL CUE WITH HAVE XXX PIN, OR BE BUILT OUT OF XXX WOOD, OR HAVE A XXX TIP. XXX Means fill in the blank.

I M H O there is no best just what you happen to like.

Allison Fisher plays with a Cue-Tech, does that mean Cue-Tech is BERST, or Allison skill make it work best.
Bruce, what part of OPINION didn't you understand ?

quote by qbilder
That's what you get for listening to that blowhard.He has a well earned reputation for manipulating, twisting, playing folks against one another as if they are pawns in his personal game of chess.He does so with no regard to anybody but himself, for nothing but his own personal gain.

Old
  (#30)
tattoo
Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
tattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond reputetattoo has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2011, 01:10 PM

RANDY MOBLEY,KENNY MURRELL, and the zinzolas i have had in the past were all great players........i played with a searing conversion once and it was unreal.....there are so many great cues out there to pick from it wouldnt be that hard to find one that fits your style....i am just in love with a great piloted ivory joint and some really nice shafts....

if you care i will tell,,,,,,however i change my underwear as often as i change the cues i own....i hope you dont have to guess which one wears out first.lol

Page 2 of 12 12 34 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: