Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Reviews
Reload this Page Jump Cue Reviews
Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 23
 
Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Jump Cue Reviews
Old
  (#1)
jmurphy
SWEET
jmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond repute
 
jmurphy's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,159
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 66 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
   
Jump Cue Reviews - 01-29-2012, 12:11 PM

Jump Cues I've owned:

AE (jump/break)
Bunjee
Stealth
Predator Air
Frogger
Lomax (out of the ones I've owned this one was the best)

Jump Cues I've tried: (at a sponsor's booth etc...)

Poison
Dr. Popper
Mezz Air Shooter
Mezz Dual Force (jump/break)
RAT

Now for the BEST Jump Cue I have ever had in my hands:
Back Story:
I was at the pool room Friday and a couple of guys I know from Pool Leagues were hitting balls. One of the guys had his cues (Playing, Break, Jump Cue) laying on the table next to where they were hitting balls. After a few min. of BSing he asked me if I have tried out a Jump Cue like his. I looked over at it and saw a very unusual looking Jump Cue, not in it's shape or size but rather the appearance of the woods used. I said no I had not but let me give it a try. As I said before the first thing that struck me was the crazy look to the wood used and then the second thing I could not believe was the weight. This thing weighs a TON and I was like "How can you jump with this?" it felt like I had just pick up a full playing cue & THEN SOME...lol
Needless to say I gave it a try and lets just say the results were more than AMAZING. The first try I used the "Dart Method" the jump was effortless and drew the cue ball back to the end rail where is bounced off the end rail and back out 2 diamonds or so. Second try was traditional "Under Hand" method and once again it was totally effortless. With either style of jumping I did not have to worry about my jump stroke "technique" it was just effortless.

Come to find out the unusual looking jump cue was a:
Joe Bouska (Dymondwood Jump Cue)

I did a little research found Joe's number and ordered a Jump Cue on Sat.
I've owed & tried a lot of jump cues in my day but this was by far the one that required the least effort or technique to be an efficient jumper.


Kube TV
The Ultimate in Entertainment
Live TV, 1,000s of movies through KODI
PPV in HD, NFL (don't pay Direct TV $350 for the NFL Ticket)
NHL, NBA, MLB etc.......
With Kube TV you can say goodbye to your cable bill, Netflix, HULU, etc.........


https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/...231902043.html

Last edited by jmurphy; 01-30-2012 at 12:52 AM.
  
Reply With Quote

contact info
Old
  (#2)
Rivhardo
AzB Gold Member
Rivhardo has a reputation beyond reputeRivhardo has a reputation beyond reputeRivhardo has a reputation beyond reputeRivhardo has a reputation beyond reputeRivhardo has a reputation beyond reputeRivhardo has a reputation beyond reputeRivhardo has a reputation beyond reputeRivhardo has a reputation beyond reputeRivhardo has a reputation beyond reputeRivhardo has a reputation beyond reputeRivhardo has a reputation beyond repute
 
Rivhardo's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 287
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MN
   
contact info - 01-29-2012, 06:01 PM

Can you share contact infor or a website? I could not find anything. Thanks,
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
jlmjmcm
AzB Bronze Member
jlmjmcm has a reputation beyond reputejlmjmcm has a reputation beyond reputejlmjmcm has a reputation beyond reputejlmjmcm has a reputation beyond reputejlmjmcm has a reputation beyond reputejlmjmcm has a reputation beyond reputejlmjmcm has a reputation beyond reputejlmjmcm has a reputation beyond reputejlmjmcm has a reputation beyond reputejlmjmcm has a reputation beyond reputejlmjmcm has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Apr 2010
   
01-29-2012, 09:19 PM

Please do share his contact info.! I got to try this jump cue today and it's effortless! I want to get in line for a new jump cue. From my understanding he isn't a full time cue maker so it could take some time. Thanks!
  
Reply With Quote
Thanks
Old
  (#4)
Joe Bouska
AzB Bronze Member
Joe Bouska has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Bouska has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Bouska has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Bouska has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Bouska has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Bouska has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Bouska has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Bouska has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Bouska has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Bouska has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Bouska has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Amarillo tx
   
Thanks - 01-29-2012, 10:12 PM

I have not posted on here before but I would like to thank you for your kind words. If any one wants to contact me I can be reached by phone 806-282-9662 or email prost427@sbcglobal.net. Thanks Joe Bouska
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#5)
jmurphy
SWEET
jmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond repute
 
jmurphy's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,159
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 66 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
   
01-30-2012, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bouska View Post
I have not posted on here before but I would like to thank you for your kind words. If any one wants to contact me I can be reached by phone 806-282-9662 or email prost427@sbcglobal.net. Thanks Joe Bouska
Hey Joe thanks for posting contact information.
I was going to but thought I should let you know before I publicly posted your info. so once again thanks for taking care of that.


Kube TV
The Ultimate in Entertainment
Live TV, 1,000s of movies through KODI
PPV in HD, NFL (don't pay Direct TV $350 for the NFL Ticket)
NHL, NBA, MLB etc.......
With Kube TV you can say goodbye to your cable bill, Netflix, HULU, etc.........


https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/...231902043.html
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6)
bbb
AzB Gold Member
bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,358
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 32 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: Mar 2008
   
01-30-2012, 05:55 AM

any pics of the cue??
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7)
Joe Bouska
AzB Bronze Member
Joe Bouska has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Bouska has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Bouska has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Bouska has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Bouska has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Bouska has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Bouska has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Bouska has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Bouska has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Bouska has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Bouska has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Amarillo tx
   
01-30-2012, 06:17 AM

I am not very computer savy but I can emai or text pictures to people if needed. If you call me and I don't answer I may be at my parttime job and I will return your call. Thanks Joe Bouska
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#8)
qexpert_101
AzB Silver Member
qexpert_101 has a reputation beyond reputeqexpert_101 has a reputation beyond reputeqexpert_101 has a reputation beyond reputeqexpert_101 has a reputation beyond reputeqexpert_101 has a reputation beyond reputeqexpert_101 has a reputation beyond reputeqexpert_101 has a reputation beyond reputeqexpert_101 has a reputation beyond reputeqexpert_101 has a reputation beyond reputeqexpert_101 has a reputation beyond reputeqexpert_101 has a reputation beyond repute
 
qexpert_101's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 122
vCash: 500
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SW, Florida
   
01-30-2012, 02:53 PM

I have a Alex Brick dymondwood jump cue and it is very heavy too. This cue jumps unbelievable, I have a friend who could never jump a ball and his first try with my jump cue he not only got over it he make the ball. I have noticed with other lighter jump cues if you strike off center a little the ball will masse in the air, not with this dymondwood cue that has never been a problem. Louie
  
Reply With Quote
sounds great...
Old
  (#9)
StuartK35
AzB Silver Member
StuartK35 has a reputation beyond reputeStuartK35 has a reputation beyond reputeStuartK35 has a reputation beyond reputeStuartK35 has a reputation beyond reputeStuartK35 has a reputation beyond reputeStuartK35 has a reputation beyond reputeStuartK35 has a reputation beyond reputeStuartK35 has a reputation beyond reputeStuartK35 has a reputation beyond reputeStuartK35 has a reputation beyond reputeStuartK35 has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Roanoke, Virginia
   
sounds great... - 02-09-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy View Post
Jump Cues I've owned:

AE (jump/break)
Bunjee
Stealth
Predator Air
Frogger
Lomax (out of the ones I've owned this one was the best)

Jump Cues I've tried: (at a sponsor's booth etc...)

Poison
Dr. Popper
Mezz Air Shooter
Mezz Dual Force (jump/break)
RAT

Now for the BEST Jump Cue I have ever had in my hands:
Back Story:
I was at the pool room Friday and a couple of guys I know from Pool Leagues were hitting balls. One of the guys had his cues (Playing, Break, Jump Cue) laying on the table next to where they were hitting balls. After a few min. of BSing he asked me if I have tried out a Jump Cue like his. I looked over at it and saw a very unusual looking Jump Cue, not in it's shape or size but rather the appearance of the woods used. I said no I had not but let me give it a try. As I said before the first thing that struck me was the crazy look to the wood used and then the second thing I could not believe was the weight. This thing weighs a TON and I was like "How can you jump with this?" it felt like I had just pick up a full playing cue & THEN SOME...lol
Needless to say I gave it a try and lets just say the results were more than AMAZING. The first try I used the "Dart Method" the jump was effortless and drew the cue ball back to the end rail where is bounced off the end rail and back out 2 diamonds or so. Second try was traditional "Under Hand" method and once again it was totally effortless. With either style of jumping I did not have to worry about my jump stroke "technique" it was just effortless.

Come to find out the unusual looking jump cue was a:
Joe Bouska (Dymondwood Jump Cue)

I did a little research found Joe's number and ordered a Jump Cue on Sat.
I've owed & tried a lot of jump cues in my day but this was by far the one that required the least effort or technique to be an efficient jumper.
What kind of money are we talking for one of these?
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#10)
jmurphy
SWEET
jmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond repute
 
jmurphy's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,159
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 66 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
   
02-09-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartK35 View Post
What kind of money are we talking for one of these?
$200 plus shipping


Kube TV
The Ultimate in Entertainment
Live TV, 1,000s of movies through KODI
PPV in HD, NFL (don't pay Direct TV $350 for the NFL Ticket)
NHL, NBA, MLB etc.......
With Kube TV you can say goodbye to your cable bill, Netflix, HULU, etc.........


https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/...231902043.html
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#11)
jgobigred
AzB Silver Member
jgobigred has a reputation beyond reputejgobigred has a reputation beyond reputejgobigred has a reputation beyond reputejgobigred has a reputation beyond reputejgobigred has a reputation beyond reputejgobigred has a reputation beyond reputejgobigred has a reputation beyond reputejgobigred has a reputation beyond reputejgobigred has a reputation beyond reputejgobigred has a reputation beyond reputejgobigred has a reputation beyond repute
 
jgobigred's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 367
vCash: 500
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Waterloo, IA
   
02-15-2012, 07:38 PM

Is just the butt dymondwood or the shaft too? 2 or 3 piece? anyone have pics they can post?
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#12)
jmurphy
SWEET
jmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond reputejmurphy has a reputation beyond repute
 
jmurphy's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,159
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 66 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
   
02-15-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgobigred View Post
Is just the butt dymondwood or the shaft too? 2 or 3 piece? anyone have pics they can post?
2 Piece jump cue.
Both butt and shaft are made from Dymondwood.
I am still a couple of weeks from getting mine so I don't have any photos.


Kube TV
The Ultimate in Entertainment
Live TV, 1,000s of movies through KODI
PPV in HD, NFL (don't pay Direct TV $350 for the NFL Ticket)
NHL, NBA, MLB etc.......
With Kube TV you can say goodbye to your cable bill, Netflix, HULU, etc.........


https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/...231902043.html
  
Reply With Quote
Jacoby Jump Cue
Old
  (#13)
StuartK35
AzB Silver Member
StuartK35 has a reputation beyond reputeStuartK35 has a reputation beyond reputeStuartK35 has a reputation beyond reputeStuartK35 has a reputation beyond reputeStuartK35 has a reputation beyond reputeStuartK35 has a reputation beyond reputeStuartK35 has a reputation beyond reputeStuartK35 has a reputation beyond reputeStuartK35 has a reputation beyond reputeStuartK35 has a reputation beyond reputeStuartK35 has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Roanoke, Virginia
   
Jacoby Jump Cue - 02-16-2012, 10:24 AM

I just received my new Jacoby jump cue yesterday with the G10 tip. I've jumped with several of these before this one and found them to be very good. This one however is absolutely amazing! It's worth every penny folks...just awesome. It jumps with ease.

My first attempt at a jump shot was with the cue ball and the 8 ball on the same rail and I mean on the rail....there was a ball between them...I jumped about 3 feet and made the 8 all the way up in the corner pocket without much thought...it was sweet. Other jump cues with less accuracy tend to throw that shot off the table(in my experience)...or maybe it's my accuracy? lol. Either way, this thing is the bomb!

I'm sold.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#14)
Brickcues
AzB Gold Member
Brickcues has a reputation beyond reputeBrickcues has a reputation beyond reputeBrickcues has a reputation beyond reputeBrickcues has a reputation beyond reputeBrickcues has a reputation beyond reputeBrickcues has a reputation beyond reputeBrickcues has a reputation beyond reputeBrickcues has a reputation beyond reputeBrickcues has a reputation beyond reputeBrickcues has a reputation beyond reputeBrickcues has a reputation beyond repute
 
Brickcues's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 388
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Old Hickory, TN.
   
02-22-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qexpert_101 View Post
I have a Alex Brick dymondwood jump cue and it is very heavy too. This cue jumps unbelievable, I have a friend who could never jump a ball and his first try with my jump cue he not only got over it he make the ball. I have noticed with other lighter jump cues if you strike off center a little the ball will masse in the air, not with this dymondwood cue that has never been a problem. Louie
Hey guys, don't mean to step on anyones toes. I have been making the dymondwood jump and jumpbreaks for about 5 yrs now. I sell the jump for $125.00 shipped. They are heavy and with the dart style you can get up and down very quick. The jumpbreaks I sell for $275.00 shipped. It is hard to make the JB less than 20 oz.
Attached Images
 
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#15)
mr2_serious
BRUTE FORCE BABY!
mr2_serious has a reputation beyond reputemr2_serious has a reputation beyond reputemr2_serious has a reputation beyond reputemr2_serious has a reputation beyond reputemr2_serious has a reputation beyond reputemr2_serious has a reputation beyond reputemr2_serious has a reputation beyond reputemr2_serious has a reputation beyond reputemr2_serious has a reputation beyond reputemr2_serious has a reputation beyond reputemr2_serious has a reputation beyond repute
 
mr2_serious's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 806
vCash: 500
iTrader: 45 / 100%
Join Date: Oct 2005
  Send a message via AIM to mr2_serious  
02-22-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickcues View Post
Hey guys, don't mean to step on anyones toes. I have been making the dymondwood jump and jumpbreaks for about 5 yrs now. I sell the jump for $125.00 shipped. They are heavy and with the dart style you can get up and down very quick. The jumpbreaks I sell for $275.00 shipped. It is hard to make the JB less than 20 oz.
those look pretty nice!!

one piece phenolic tip/ferrule ? how long of a tip/ferrule as well?










Excellence is not a skill, it's an attitude.
  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.