Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Accessory reviews
Reload this Page Tiger Emerald Green Cue Tip - wow

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Tiger Emerald Green Cue Tip - wow
Old
  (#1)
worktheknight
AzB Silver Member

worktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Tiger Emerald Green Cue Tip - wow - 01-11-2013, 05:27 AM

This last June of 2012, I done a trade, the cue I received was an old Schon SP-49. I started hitting a few balls and the cue had an extra gear and ended up playing about four hours as it was just fun. A couple weeks ago, replaced the tip with a outstanding name brand layer tip and lost the excitement of the hit I had enjoyed for six months. Luckily, I had discussed this with my buddy who replaces ferrules and tips and he saved what was left of the tip and done some research as it was green. His opinion was that it appeared it was a Emerald Green tip by Tiger Products. Well, I sent the tip to them with a letter asking them if they could identify the tip remains I had sent them and they had no doubt it was their Emerald Tip. Picking up a handful of them, ran in last night to my buddy's place and he took off the week old new layered brand tip and put the Emerald on for me, came home and the first shot I took, knew instantly, he was right and Tiger Products was correct, the old tip was indeed the Green Tiger Emerald Cue Tip. Thank Goodness for hogs !!! as the Green Emerald Tip is made with pig leather. Part of my practice routines include a particular draw shot that normally allows me to perform about a 10 foot draw shot with my cue ball one diamond away from a object ball. This tip put another 3 foot on the same shot with the same power draw shot. If I would clean the ball set I have and had good new fast cloth on my table, I have no doubt this shot would further with this tip !! I am using championship cloth, about two years old and with the appearance of my bridge hand from being on the table, needs to be vacumed as well. The great thing with this tip is that when your put into those x amount of shots that your not sure if you can get out of a situation, this tip is allowing me to get that extra 25 % action when needed, or as I first stated, another gear. In my opinion, this tip is priced very well, did not mushroom and was very consistent thru out the six months I played with the last one. If your a player who may not have developed a good draw shot or good follow shot yet, this tip will certainly help. This tip is known as a Medium Hard Tip and not a soft tip as on long shots, the cue stays to it's path very well.
I personally want to thank the Tiger Products in-house folks for their time in doing some work for me evalutating the tip remains I sent to them. I am so relieved and happy that I have not lost part of my game that showed up at my door after 26 years of shooting pool. Awesome- GO HOG-GO GREEN- Go Tiger Emerald Green !!
Thanks Much

I saved a scan of what I sent in to Tiger Products, lol.
Attached Images

Old
  (#2)
supercoupe5
AzB Silver Member
supercoupe5 has a reputation beyond reputesupercoupe5 has a reputation beyond reputesupercoupe5 has a reputation beyond reputesupercoupe5 has a reputation beyond reputesupercoupe5 has a reputation beyond reputesupercoupe5 has a reputation beyond reputesupercoupe5 has a reputation beyond reputesupercoupe5 has a reputation beyond reputesupercoupe5 has a reputation beyond reputesupercoupe5 has a reputation beyond reputesupercoupe5 has a reputation beyond repute

01-11-2013, 05:57 AM

Tips and BACON. Pigs are a good thing!!!

Old
  (#3)
Kaiser Bob
AzB Silver Member
Kaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKaiser Bob has a reputation beyond repute

01-14-2013, 06:29 PM

+1 for Emerald tips.

My Pechauer came with one and in the last 9 months of use it's always held chalk well with no scuffing and needed reshaping once or twice. Nice feel on hit and they are cheap to boot.

Player: PFD

Break: Pechauer Break

Old
  (#4)
paulcourville
Carolina Custom Shooter
paulcourville has a reputation beyond reputepaulcourville has a reputation beyond reputepaulcourville has a reputation beyond reputepaulcourville has a reputation beyond reputepaulcourville has a reputation beyond reputepaulcourville has a reputation beyond reputepaulcourville has a reputation beyond reputepaulcourville has a reputation beyond reputepaulcourville has a reputation beyond reputepaulcourville has a reputation beyond reputepaulcourville has a reputation beyond repute

08-01-2014, 01:55 PM

I purchase these great tips from www.cuecomponents.com for $3.00 per tip ! ! !

Old
  (#5)
trinacria
in efren we trust
trinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond repute

08-01-2014, 04:16 PM

nice, I only use emerald green tips. Kamui's are garbage, which is why they have the gator scuffer thing because the tip glazes over after a few shots, and also why they have that horrible chalk that leaves grime all over the cue ball and everything else it touches. moori tips are ok but wayyyyyyyyyyy overpriced. if its not an emerald, ill take elkmaster ot triangle all day.

" love this game. its the hardest game in the world, its a beautiful game and when played right, it can be poetic, artistic." me.

one question
Old
  (#6)
clydeNbonnie
AzB Silver Member
clydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond reputeclydeNbonnie has a reputation beyond repute

one question - 08-01-2014, 06:01 PM

It's that a pube in that picture

Emerald
Old
  (#7)
Nuts4Tascarellas
AzB Silver Member
Nuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Emerald - 11-09-2016, 02:21 AM

I love Emerald tips! Great chalk retention, and greater cue ball control. Whenever my customers can't make up their mind - I just install one of these. They are always more than pleased with the results.

I don't talk while I play... the only English I speak is left, right, top, and bottom. ~Brad Hamel~

Old
  (#8)
beneath_the_sur
play 1cushion & balkline
beneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond repute

11-09-2016, 06:09 AM

it aint bad, doese well on my carom cue, doesnt mushroom either!

Old
  (#9)
a1712
AzB Silver Member
a1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond repute

01-06-2017, 01:22 AM

I like them, very good, underrated tip. I seriously think the color puts people off. I've recommended them to people several times and most balk at the color. Brian.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: