G2 Tip Reviews
Old
  (#1)
ProZack
AzB Silver Member
ProZack has a reputation beyond reputeProZack has a reputation beyond reputeProZack has a reputation beyond reputeProZack has a reputation beyond reputeProZack has a reputation beyond reputeProZack has a reputation beyond reputeProZack has a reputation beyond reputeProZack has a reputation beyond reputeProZack has a reputation beyond reputeProZack has a reputation beyond reputeProZack has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

G2 Tip Reviews - 06-07-2014, 12:45 AM

I just got one installed tonight. I was wondering if anybody had any experiences with them yet?

Old
  (#2)
framptonl
Cue It Up Lacky
framptonl has a reputation beyond reputeframptonl has a reputation beyond reputeframptonl has a reputation beyond reputeframptonl has a reputation beyond reputeframptonl has a reputation beyond reputeframptonl has a reputation beyond reputeframptonl has a reputation beyond reputeframptonl has a reputation beyond reputeframptonl has a reputation beyond reputeframptonl has a reputation beyond reputeframptonl has a reputation beyond repute

06-07-2014, 08:01 PM

I have been using one for the last 6 months. Started with a soft, then medium, now using the hard and I love it!

Old
  (#3)
Sealegs50
AzB Silver Member
Sealegs50 has a reputation beyond reputeSealegs50 has a reputation beyond reputeSealegs50 has a reputation beyond reputeSealegs50 has a reputation beyond reputeSealegs50 has a reputation beyond reputeSealegs50 has a reputation beyond reputeSealegs50 has a reputation beyond reputeSealegs50 has a reputation beyond reputeSealegs50 has a reputation beyond reputeSealegs50 has a reputation beyond reputeSealegs50 has a reputation beyond repute

07-22-2014, 07:07 AM

I've had two G2 Hard tips installed. I have been looking to replace my old Moori III Quick, which I loved. The G2H was not as initially hard as the Moori, more like a Medium-Hard. But I liked it enough to keep playing with it. After extended play, the tips firmed up to behave closer to being like true hard tips. I like them even better now.

Update: Just short of 3 years and counting. Both G2 Hard tips are performing great. Neither tip has been trimmed since the installation. The enclosed picture was taken yesterday, short of 3 years on the bottom shaft and close to a full 3 years on the top. The top shaft sees about 80% of my playing time.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sealegs50; 03-02-2017 at 07:11 AM.

Old
  (#4)
prewarhero
guess my avatar
prewarhero has a reputation beyond reputeprewarhero has a reputation beyond reputeprewarhero has a reputation beyond reputeprewarhero has a reputation beyond reputeprewarhero has a reputation beyond reputeprewarhero has a reputation beyond reputeprewarhero has a reputation beyond reputeprewarhero has a reputation beyond reputeprewarhero has a reputation beyond reputeprewarhero has a reputation beyond reputeprewarhero has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2875

07-23-2014, 02:35 PM

i have used G2 mediums for a while and think they play great and are very consistent. I also think they are on the soft side. I went to a hard and I don't think it was installed all that well. I am hearing a sound that wasn't there before and it needs to have a few layers taken off of it as it is the size of mount everest. otherwise I like it.

Cues:
Playing: Tascarella
Break: Mezz PB Kai
Jump: Lomax
Case: JB cases - because I am not mad at my cues!!!!

Old
  (#5)
bbb
AzB Gold Member
bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-24-2014, 08:17 AM

ive been using a soft and medium as a comparison to the kamui black medium i usually use
i gave my house pro a hard to try instead of the sniper he uses
the house pro likes the hard alot
he put it on both of his shafts
i like the g2's
they play well hold chalk and have alittle softer feel to the kamuis
cant say they are better than kamui i like the consistency in tipt to tip ive found with the kamuis
but i will say they are close

Old
  (#6)
Kim Bye
AzB Silver Member

Kim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond repute

09-22-2014, 07:40 AM

My initial impression of G2 tips is based on the Soft version installed on my Mezz WX900 shaft with a fiber pad.
I`ve played with the tip for about four hours. I took of two layers when installing the tip, so that changes the feel of a Soft tip somewhat...
My impression is that the leather seems old and dried out, the tip does not sound, feel or install like a Soft Kamui or Zan tip.
The tip could hold chalk better, my tip glazed over several times during four hours of play and I chalk before almost every shot.
I did not like this tip and will not be installing a new one.
Having two identical shafts, i have experimented quite a bit with cue tips this year and to me, nothing beats the Zan Soft tip.

I might like you better if we slept together...

Old
  (#7)
bbb
AzB Gold Member
bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-24-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Bye View Post
My initial impression of G2 tips is based on the Soft version installed on my Mezz WX900 shaft with a fiber pad.
I`ve played with the tip for about four hours. I took of two layers when installing the tip, so that changes the feel of a Soft tip somewhat...
My impression is that the leather seems old and dried out, the tip does not sound, feel or install like a Soft Kamui or Zan tip.
The tip could hold chalk better, my tip glazed over several times during four hours of play and I chalk before almost every shot.
Having two identical shafts, i have experimented quite a bit with cue tips this year and to me, nothing beats the Zan Soft tip.
i respect your results and opinion but my experience is just the opposite
I HAVE NEVER HAD GLAZING on a soft or medium g2
glazng is my one and only negative of kamui black medium
mybe try another batch

FanFreakinTastic
Old
  (#8)
DirtyJersey
AzB Silver Member
DirtyJersey has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyJersey has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyJersey has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyJersey has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyJersey has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyJersey has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyJersey has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyJersey has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyJersey has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyJersey has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyJersey has a reputation beyond repute

FanFreakinTastic - 10-01-2014, 03:00 AM

G2 med here and I love love love it. Before the G2 I had a couple kamui tan Softs that although good kept glazing. Before that tried an Ultraskin M that has been the only tip I have cut off in less than a month (constant shaping was req'd). Also tried a Zan M and although I liked the action I got from it it felt almost like it was too hard. Kinda like a metallic hit.
The G2 med when I first got it installed had too much action. I was afraid to use anything but center ball cause I would overdo everything. Insane action (lol i felt like a superstar). After a couple weeks I broke it in and it has been perfect ever since. Haven't had to do anything to it and it has a great feel. No glazing and holding its shape great.
This is definitely my new preferred tip.

Old
  (#9)
Kim Bye
AzB Silver Member

Kim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond repute

10-07-2014, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
i respect your results and opinion but my experience is just the opposite
I HAVE NEVER HAD GLAZING on a soft or medium g2
glazng is my one and only negative of kamui black medium
mybe try another batch
It might be an old tip, my experiences certainly seems to differ from the consensus on these tips.
One thing is for sure: Even without having a durometer I can tell that the G2 Soft is quite a bit harder than a Zan Soft tip.

I might like you better if we slept together...

Intstalled G2 Mediums on both my shafts.
Old
  (#10)
MalibuMike
AzB Silver Member
MalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to MalibuMike  
Intstalled G2 Mediums on both my shafts. - 04-20-2016, 11:55 AM

I have tried many tips out there, never liked the Kamuii's they were way too hard and glazed over needing constant attention. I had great play with the Sniper and Onyx tips from Tiger, I swapped out the Onyx on my Tiger Pro-X Shaft 11.75 and loved it, I recently put one on my 30" Tiger Pro-X "Carom" Shaft 12.25 and this is now my preferred playing shaft, the Medium is more like a Med/Hard but the action is amazing! You do need to chalk it more then the Kamuii, sniper, and Onyx but the results are amazing. My new favorite tip!

All is Grace,
"Malibu" Mike Murphy

Shooter: Schon R-14 light Blue w/Schon Stitched 30" Mezz EXPROShaft with PreciSion Tips from Dennis Searing (Medium)
Spare Cue: Schon LTD 8?? one of one, Bocote forearm, Tulip wood in points/Jacoby Hybrid Shaft 31" with PreciSion (Med.) Tip
: 80's Red R14 New Stacked Leather Wrap with early 80's rare Runde 30" Shaft Micarta Ferrule 13mm (on Top)

Old
  (#11)
Colonel
Living The Dream
Colonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond repute

04-20-2016, 02:42 PM

I have been using the G2 Hards for almost 2 years now. I've tried them all over time & I've never had another tip I prefer more than this one & that includes the Old Moori Mediums.

The grip & control of this tip is amazing.

Kentucky Fried Lock of the World Famous Lock Society

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom... You never know what is enough until you know what is more than enough"
-William Blake

Old
  (#12)
Manoman2444
AzB Silver Member
Manoman2444 has a reputation beyond reputeManoman2444 has a reputation beyond reputeManoman2444 has a reputation beyond reputeManoman2444 has a reputation beyond reputeManoman2444 has a reputation beyond reputeManoman2444 has a reputation beyond reputeManoman2444 has a reputation beyond reputeManoman2444 has a reputation beyond reputeManoman2444 has a reputation beyond reputeManoman2444 has a reputation beyond reputeManoman2444 has a reputation beyond repute

04-21-2016, 10:10 AM

Had three tips replaced on shafts a while back. 2 black kamui soft, and one G2 medium. Wish I had replaced all three with the G2. Really like the tip.

Old
  (#13)
carl Robinson
AzB Silver Member
carl Robinson has a reputation beyond reputecarl Robinson has a reputation beyond reputecarl Robinson has a reputation beyond reputecarl Robinson has a reputation beyond reputecarl Robinson has a reputation beyond reputecarl Robinson has a reputation beyond reputecarl Robinson has a reputation beyond reputecarl Robinson has a reputation beyond reputecarl Robinson has a reputation beyond reputecarl Robinson has a reputation beyond reputecarl Robinson has a reputation beyond repute

05-12-2016, 08:17 PM

Great tip holds its shape and chalk love it

Took my G2 Medium off to try this new ZAN Hybrid, big Mistake!
Old
  (#14)
MalibuMike
AzB Silver Member
MalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond repute

Took my G2 Medium off to try this new ZAN Hybrid, big Mistake! - 10-19-2016, 04:09 PM

Quote:

Never changing tips again! Love the G2 Medium!
Tried this new Zan Hybrid, one soft Layer, one hard Layer, one soft Layer, one hard Layer......... One piece of junk pool players are such suckers... me included! Sticking with The G2 Med. Other Likes Tiger Onyx, Older Moories. I may try a G2 soft as I hear they run hard, may be good for 14.1.
Attached Images

All is Grace,
"Malibu" Mike Murphy

Shooter: Schon R-14 light Blue w/Schon Stitched 30" Mezz EXPROShaft with PreciSion Tips from Dennis Searing (Medium)
Spare Cue: Schon LTD 8?? one of one, Bocote forearm, Tulip wood in points/Jacoby Hybrid Shaft 31" with PreciSion (Med.) Tip
: 80's Red R14 New Stacked Leather Wrap with early 80's rare Runde 30" Shaft Micarta Ferrule 13mm (on Top)

I did not like it Sam I am, I did not like it on my mezz,
Old
  (#15)
MalibuMike
AzB Silver Member

I did not like it Sam I am, I did not like it on my mezz, - 11-18-2016, 04:18 PM

Quote:
I did not like it with a Pezz, Anyone who falls for the Zan hype, one layer hard, then guess what? one layer soft! and repeat! Jezz! Stick with your Blue Smurf tips! I'll stick with the G2 Medium! I may try one of Bill's PreciSion Layered Tips! Check it out! http://www.billiardbills.com/precision-layered-tips/

All is Grace,
"Malibu" Mike Murphy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: