Taom tip review
Old
  (#1)
Kim Bye
AzB Silver Member

Kim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Taom tip review - 12-12-2014, 02:30 PM

I got some Taom tips here the other day. I have been very curious about these tips. They are made in Finland and use by pro`s like Mika Immonen, Jayson Shaw and Rodney Morris.
I don`t have a durometer yet, but they seem pretty hard, close to the Mezz Sonic tip I have been using the last year.
They seem to be made of some sort of plastic (thermoplastic??) easy to glue on, but not the easiest tip to install without a lathe. But with some sharp tools and some patience it`s possible

I`m no SVB, but I have been working very systematic to improve my break and all that practice has resulted in a break that is fairly consistent and with good controll over the cueball.
I use a SVB type break and I have had some instances where i loose controll of the CB and it goes flying of the table. Today I played about five hours and all my breaks were close to perfect. I have never had so many runouts before as I had today.
The Taom tip gives me great controll, yet is hard enough to make bonecrushing hard breaks.
This is by far the best break tip I have ever tried.

This is how they look on a Mezz Deep Impact Pro H shaft:

I might like you better if we slept together...

Last edited by Kim Bye; 12-12-2014 at 02:34 PM.

Old
  (#2)
suharsh
AzB Bronze Member
suharsh has a reputation beyond reputesuharsh has a reputation beyond reputesuharsh has a reputation beyond reputesuharsh has a reputation beyond reputesuharsh has a reputation beyond reputesuharsh has a reputation beyond reputesuharsh has a reputation beyond reputesuharsh has a reputation beyond reputesuharsh has a reputation beyond reputesuharsh has a reputation beyond reputesuharsh has a reputation beyond repute

12-12-2014, 08:41 PM

Thanks for the review. What chalk to you use on these and does the chalk stay well on the tip. Also how much was the cost?

Old
  (#3)
Kim Bye
AzB Silver Member

Kim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond repute

12-13-2014, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suharsh View Post
Thanks for the review. What chalk to you use on these and does the chalk stay well on the tip. Also how much was the cost?
The tip holds chalk fairly good. I use Predator chalk.

Old
  (#4)
suharsh
AzB Bronze Member
suharsh has a reputation beyond reputesuharsh has a reputation beyond reputesuharsh has a reputation beyond reputesuharsh has a reputation beyond reputesuharsh has a reputation beyond reputesuharsh has a reputation beyond reputesuharsh has a reputation beyond reputesuharsh has a reputation beyond reputesuharsh has a reputation beyond reputesuharsh has a reputation beyond reputesuharsh has a reputation beyond repute

12-13-2014, 09:26 AM

Thanks again. I tried to find this tip here in the US but couldn't. Hope they start selling it here.

tip
Old
  (#5)
Nuts4Tascarellas
AzB Silver Member
Nuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond reputeNuts4Tascarellas has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

tip - 12-14-2014, 09:08 PM

How much are they - and how can we get some to try? Can we get them through you?

I don't talk while I play... the only English I speak is left, right, top, and bottom. ~Brad Hamel~

Old
  (#6)
cammel8
AzB Silver Member
cammel8 has a reputation beyond reputecammel8 has a reputation beyond reputecammel8 has a reputation beyond reputecammel8 has a reputation beyond reputecammel8 has a reputation beyond reputecammel8 has a reputation beyond reputecammel8 has a reputation beyond reputecammel8 has a reputation beyond reputecammel8 has a reputation beyond reputecammel8 has a reputation beyond reputecammel8 has a reputation beyond repute

12-30-2014, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Bye View Post
I got some Taom tips here the other day. I have been very curious about these tips. They are made in Finland and use by pro`s like Mika Immonen, Jayson Shaw and Rodney Morris.
I don`t have a durometer yet, but they seem pretty hard, close to the Mezz Sonic tip I have been using the last year.
They seem to be made of some sort of plastic (thermoplastic??) easy to glue on, but not the easiest tip to install without a lathe. But with some sharp tools and some patience it`s possible

I`m no SVB, but I have been working very systematic to improve my break and all that practice has resulted in a break that is fairly consistent and with good controll over the cueball.
I use a SVB type break and I have had some instances where i loose controll of the CB and it goes flying of the table. Today I played about five hours and all my breaks were close to perfect. I have never had so many runouts before as I had today.
The Taom tip gives me great controll, yet is hard enough to make bonecrushing hard breaks.
This is by far the best break tip I have ever tried.

This is how they look on a Mezz Deep Impact Pro H shaft:
I've tried finding these but no luck, anyone know where to get them?

Playing Cue: Jacoby with leather wrap.
Shaft: OB Classic Pro retapered to 11.25mm, pro taper, Ultraskin med tip
Break Cue: Predator bk2
Jump Cue: Dufferin jump with ash shaft
Masse Cue: Custom 44 inch, 26 ounce, 15mm LePro, Black irish linen wrap.

I'd rather play someone with skill than luck any day!!!

Old
  (#7)
Jdm34
jared marion
Jdm34 has a reputation beyond reputeJdm34 has a reputation beyond reputeJdm34 has a reputation beyond reputeJdm34 has a reputation beyond reputeJdm34 has a reputation beyond reputeJdm34 has a reputation beyond reputeJdm34 has a reputation beyond reputeJdm34 has a reputation beyond reputeJdm34 has a reputation beyond reputeJdm34 has a reputation beyond reputeJdm34 has a reputation beyond repute

01-09-2015, 07:06 AM

theres a facebook page for them.I have on on my break cue.

jared marion

Old
  (#8)
Maik
AzB Silver Member
Maik has a reputation beyond reputeMaik has a reputation beyond reputeMaik has a reputation beyond reputeMaik has a reputation beyond reputeMaik has a reputation beyond reputeMaik has a reputation beyond reputeMaik has a reputation beyond reputeMaik has a reputation beyond reputeMaik has a reputation beyond reputeMaik has a reputation beyond reputeMaik has a reputation beyond repute

01-14-2015, 01:01 PM

Jason Shaw sells them in the us

Old
  (#9)
suharsh
AzB Bronze Member

01-23-2015, 11:18 PM

I got one and installed. Mine is blue. I am certainly breaking better. Break is my weakest point so long way to go but this Tip is now my choice of break tip. The others that I have used are some stock phenolic (came on Elite break cue), Samsara and Mezz Sonic. I got this installed on my Mezz Break II (the shorter break cue version).

Old
  (#10)
Poolmanis
AzB Silver Member
Poolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond repute

01-25-2015, 12:42 PM

Only tip for me what made me say WOW. I tried jumping with it and it's TOO GOOD!
Cueball jump so easy I could not keep it on table..
It got nice normal tip feel also..
I got phenolic tip jumper and Players break\jump but those cannot even talked in same neighborhood than Taom Tips.
Only reason why I did not purchased those when I tested because they were first time ever present happening and they were outrageous priced then...
I gonna get em near future.
I'm just surprised how it does not yet be big thing on players here. It just Overpowered.

-special man for a special shots-
Straight Pool addict
Do it like Efren: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yrqhJixAmWY One cool rack after opponent safety..
8-ball trickshots https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Fu...ature=youtu.be

Old
  (#11)
The Renfro
Outsville.com
The Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2015, 11:52 PM

lots of photos online of these exploding... They are thermoset plastic pressed into duty as break tips at $25 a pop.. They were not designed for impact. Buyer beware and take real good look at yours before it's installed.. If you can see color striations it is only a matter of time......

Get off the layered tip bandwagon. Ki-Tech!!!

Outsville.com

Old
  (#12)
Kim Bye
AzB Silver Member

03-26-2015, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Renfro View Post
lots of photos online of these exploding... They are thermoset plastic pressed into duty as break tips at $25 a pop.. They were not designed for impact. Buyer beware and take real good look at yours before it's installed.. If you can see color striations it is only a matter of time......
A matter of time before what??
Have you seen the tips up close or tried one?

Old
  (#13)
Kim Bye
AzB Silver Member

03-31-2015, 04:58 PM

You still need to come with those pictures Renfo!
Your making claims about the product possibly being defective, I would like to see the abundace of proof you are talking about.
I have tried google and no broken tips show up.
I have installed about ten Taoms + the ones I use myself and I have had nothing, but positive feedback.

Old
  (#14)
The Renfro
Outsville.com
The Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond repute

04-03-2015, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Bye View Post
You still need to come with those pictures Renfo!
Your making claims about the product possibly being defective, I would like to see the abundace of proof you are talking about.
I have tried google and no broken tips show up.
I have installed about ten Taoms + the ones I use myself and I have had nothing, but positive feedback.
posted 1 here http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=394632

Get off the layered tip bandwagon. Ki-Tech!!!

Outsville.com

Old
  (#15)
Kim Bye
AzB Silver Member

04-04-2015, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Renfro View Post
Thanks. I saw that, but you talked about lots of photos.
Your picture is one incident.
I also wonder what the black stuff on that picture you posted is?

Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: