Old
  (#31)
edep12
AzB Silver Member
edep12 has a reputation beyond reputeedep12 has a reputation beyond reputeedep12 has a reputation beyond reputeedep12 has a reputation beyond reputeedep12 has a reputation beyond reputeedep12 has a reputation beyond reputeedep12 has a reputation beyond reputeedep12 has a reputation beyond reputeedep12 has a reputation beyond reputeedep12 has a reputation beyond reputeedep12 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-22-2015, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Renfro View Post
Don't have a clue who is making them and I am sure Mika and Ko love them.. They got a patch and a bag of 250 tips that they are selling for $25 a pop... I doubt they have any clue about anything about them other than what they were told when they were handed them and how much they can get out of them.....

The 2.0 may be a good tip, I have not seen one, but when the 1.0 fails critically at 750 pounds of pressure all I can tell you is that material was NEVER meant to be on the end of a pool cue.... As soon as I get a v2.0 I'll do the test on video and we can see if it has the same prolems.... Can test the elasticity and even tell you what that reading is if it actually lives thru the pressure test......

How you likeing the Cuetec? Surely that's your goto Cue since it's good enough for Shane.....
In a previous post you object to someone calling you out for smearing a competitors product and the IN THE VERY SAME THREAD you insinuate that the pros promoting the products don't know anything about them and are only doing it for the pay day. Dude, quit projecting your crap on others! You obviously have bias on this subject, which is fine if you are honest about it. So, either own it or keep it to yourself because it's obvious to everyone here that it is the case.

Taom Tip shattered!!
Old
  (#32)
Rip
AzB Silver Member
Rip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Taom Tip shattered!! - 05-01-2015, 10:30 AM

Just had my Taom tip installed and on my second break the Taom shattered. My opponent was hit by the shrapnel/shards. The break shaft had a new Samsara break tip on it but I was anxious to try the new gimmick tip so I cut off the Samsara. I'll continue using my other break shaft with a good old White Diamond tip.

Regards,
Rip

"sounds like a bad idea...count me in!

Old
  (#33)
The Renfro
Outsville.com
The Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond repute

05-01-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edep12 View Post
In a previous post you object to someone calling you out for smearing a competitors product and the IN THE VERY SAME THREAD you insinuate that the pros promoting the products don't know anything about them and are only doing it for the pay day. Dude, quit projecting your crap on others! You obviously have bias on this subject, which is fine if you are honest about it. So, either own it or keep it to yourself because it's obvious to everyone here that it is the case.
The pros play pool... No they have no idea the differences in thermoset plastics.. Thermoplastics or Plastics in general... Nor do you if I were to hazard a guess because if you did you would understand.... I do not expect pro players to be materials engineers... They were likely told they had been tested and were great... bzzzt they were not and they were not....

Get off the layered tip bandwagon. Ki-Tech!!!

Outsville.com

Where can I buy a Taom break tip?
Old
  (#34)
MalibuMike
AzB Silver Member
MalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to MalibuMike  
Where can I buy a Taom break tip? - 07-27-2015, 05:13 PM

I know a few opponents that I would love to shoot "Shards" into!
"Billy you'll put your eye out with that Break Tip!"

Look Ma' No Head!~ The Cramps
MM

All is Grace,
"Malibu" Mike Murphy

Shooter: Schon R-14 light Blue w/Schon Stitched 30" Mezz EXPROShaft with PreciSion Tips from Dennis Searing (Medium)
Spare Cue: Schon LTD 8?? one of one, Bocote forearm, Tulip wood in points/Jacoby Hybrid Shaft 31" with PreciSion (Med.) Tip
: 80's Red R14 New Stacked Leather Wrap with early 80's rare Runde 30" Shaft Micarta Ferrule 13mm (on Top)

Hey Refro! Where can I buy one of these Taom Tips?
Old
  (#35)
MalibuMike
AzB Silver Member
MalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond repute

Post Hey Refro! Where can I buy one of these Taom Tips? - 08-17-2015, 01:31 PM

I'm no materials engineer, I’m an Aerospace Engineer but I’d bet my MIT diploma, that the
Delta vectors ascribed to in the aforementioned thermoset plasticizes gradients (TPG) could be ascribed to the percentile of this new thermoplastics stated at this juncture as “Mika”, obviously a derivative of Formica® Laminate along with a composite such as “Orcollo” with wafer-thin slices of Naugahyde® (an expanded polyvinyl chloride plastic composite).
I’m afraid the Refro gentleman from Utsville may have suffered a blow on the noggin from a bag of 250 Taom tips, by jumping to the conclusion that just because a 1.0 fails “critically” (not sure how to quantify a “critical” failure mode.) and then fails to identify exactly which end of the billiard cue that it was never meant to be attached too, simply because anomalies where observed at 750 Lbs or ( or 340.194277 Kilogram’s) How was this pressure applied? Pressure is usually expressed as a force per unit area. Yet no area specs are entered into the equation. Based on the original Torricelli barometer design, one atmosphere of pressure will force the column of mercury (Hg) in a mercury barometer to a height of 760 millimeters. A pressure that causes the Hg column to rise 1 millimeter is called a torr (you may still see the term 1 mm Hg used; this has been replaced by the torr. "mm Hg" is commonly used for tip hardness identification pressure measurements). Yet a Kamui Medium is sufficiently harder than a Tiger Medium (Onyx). My supposition is the process for measurement is wide of the mark, a simple deflection versus load applied calculation should suffice, using a dial indicator and a pressure gauge which shape is the exact radius of a cue-ball. I’m looking forward to your 750 Lbs crush test video, maybe for fun you can do a watermelon or a can of Ham as well, like David Letterman used to do in the 80’s! Perhaps for the 2.0 model you can freeze a Taom Tip to 199.816667 Kelvin (That’s -100°F folks) , and then drop it into a pot of water with a temperature of 210°F, that being the Elevations range from just over 800 feet (240 m) along the riverfront to just over 1,000 feet (300 m) on various hilltops in West Knoxville, with the downtown area resting at just over 900 feet (270 m) where Mr. Utsville and his band of single layered boys are from. But my guess is he is really closer to Maryville, just by studying his syntax.
Someone please send me a Taom Tip before my head implodes!
Attached Images

All is Grace,
"Malibu" Mike Murphy

Shooter: Schon R-14 light Blue w/Schon Stitched 30" Mezz EXPROShaft with PreciSion Tips from Dennis Searing (Medium)
Spare Cue: Schon LTD 8?? one of one, Bocote forearm, Tulip wood in points/Jacoby Hybrid Shaft 31" with PreciSion (Med.) Tip
: 80's Red R14 New Stacked Leather Wrap with early 80's rare Runde 30" Shaft Micarta Ferrule 13mm (on Top)

Old
  (#36)
abs
AzB Silver Member
abs has a reputation beyond reputeabs has a reputation beyond reputeabs has a reputation beyond reputeabs has a reputation beyond reputeabs has a reputation beyond reputeabs has a reputation beyond reputeabs has a reputation beyond reputeabs has a reputation beyond reputeabs has a reputation beyond reputeabs has a reputation beyond reputeabs has a reputation beyond repute

08-29-2015, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuMike View Post
I'm no materials engineer, I’m an Aerospace Engineer but I’d bet my MIT diploma...
I have to ask, did anyone at MIT try to teach you how to hit the Enter key once in a while to break into paragraphs?

ummm
Old
  (#37)
MalibuMike
AzB Silver Member

ummm - 08-30-2015, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs View Post
I have to ask, did anyone at MIT try to teach you how to hit the Enter key once in a while to break into paragraphs?

We had bigger fish to fry, and let me see, I'm keen to guess you're an English Major in the liberal arts with a minor in Gender Studies at the local Community College? Love to chat but I have ICBM's to design!
God and Commerce,
MM
OXOXOXOX

All is Grace,
"Malibu" Mike Murphy

Old
  (#38)
Colonel
Living The Dream
Colonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond repute

08-30-2015, 03:27 AM

Quote:
We had bigger fish to fry, and let me see, I'm keen to guess you're an English Major in the liberal arts with a minor in Gender Studies at the local Community College? Love to chat but I have ICBM's to design!

God and Commerce,

MM

OXOXOXOX

Touché sir, touché

Kentucky Fried Lock of the World Famous Lock Society

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom... You never know what is enough until you know what is more than enough"
-William Blake

Old
  (#39)
Colin Colenso
<-- My Kids
Colin Colenso has a reputation beyond reputeColin Colenso has a reputation beyond reputeColin Colenso has a reputation beyond reputeColin Colenso has a reputation beyond reputeColin Colenso has a reputation beyond reputeColin Colenso has a reputation beyond reputeColin Colenso has a reputation beyond reputeColin Colenso has a reputation beyond reputeColin Colenso has a reputation beyond reputeColin Colenso has a reputation beyond reputeColin Colenso has a reputation beyond repute

09-24-2015, 10:28 PM

Any other reviews on the Taom as a jump tip?

Thoughts Renfro?

Colin

Old
  (#40)
Kim Bye
AzB Silver Member

Kim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond repute

09-25-2015, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Colenso View Post

Thoughts Renfro?

Colin
Jumping with Taom is almost too easy. Unless the balls are very close together, I dont bother screwing together my jump cue, I jump with my break cue.
The cool thing with Taom is that you can jump using minimal elevation, and thus drawing the CB after the jump if needed
Sorry for the video quality, but heres a break with Taom tip:
http://vid958.photobucket.com/albums...ye/brekk10.mp4

I might like you better if we slept together...

Last edited by Kim Bye; 09-25-2015 at 09:22 AM.

Old
  (#41)
asamimasa
AzB Silver Member
asamimasa has a reputation beyond reputeasamimasa has a reputation beyond reputeasamimasa has a reputation beyond reputeasamimasa has a reputation beyond reputeasamimasa has a reputation beyond reputeasamimasa has a reputation beyond reputeasamimasa has a reputation beyond reputeasamimasa has a reputation beyond reputeasamimasa has a reputation beyond reputeasamimasa has a reputation beyond reputeasamimasa has a reputation beyond repute

09-29-2015, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Colenso View Post

Colin
It's quite good as a jump tip installed on a Mezz Pro R shaft. Takes nearly no effort to jump full ball from a ball distance away with just the shaft.

I've not yet found the need to replace the stock tip on my Mezz Air Drive, but if I were to be in the market, I wouldn't hesitate to put on another Taom.

Pricey yes, but worth it to not spend any more time thinking about different options; my search ends here.

Playing: Mezz UJ-8P + WD700 (Milk Dud)
Break: Mezz Power Kai + Deep Impact II (Sonic)
Jump: Mezz Hybrid Jump

Old
  (#42)
krychekrowe
AzB Silver Member
krychekrowe has a reputation beyond reputekrychekrowe has a reputation beyond reputekrychekrowe has a reputation beyond reputekrychekrowe has a reputation beyond reputekrychekrowe has a reputation beyond reputekrychekrowe has a reputation beyond reputekrychekrowe has a reputation beyond reputekrychekrowe has a reputation beyond reputekrychekrowe has a reputation beyond reputekrychekrowe has a reputation beyond reputekrychekrowe has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2015, 12:44 PM

I use a Taom on my Predator jump cue, works like a charm. I agree regarding the jump shots I'm able to do with the Taom on my Mezz Power Break. It's a solid product.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Old
  (#43)
Kimmo H.
AzB Gold Member
Kimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond repute

10-03-2015, 09:04 AM

Wandering a bit off topic maybe, but I just installed a green Taom on my BK3, looks nice atleast in my eyes

Will see how it breaks tomorrow, I'm letting the glue set properly (24h+) before breaking with it.

- 60" Lomax
- Mezz Kai / Pro R

Old
  (#44)
ZeroSkylineX
AzB Silver Member
ZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond repute

10-19-2015, 01:48 PM

Can anyone post the density rating for this tip? That's if it won't shatter.

Cues
Playing Cues
OB-136
11.75mm OB Pro+ Shaft / Ultraskin Hard tip / 19oz

Viking
11.75mm OB Custom Shaft / Ultraskin Hard tip / 19oz

Predator BK III
BK3 Shaft / Hammerhead break tip / 18oz

OB Lift Pro
OB Jump Shaft / Samsara tip / 10oz

Accessories
Custom JB case (4B/8S)
Blue Diamond & Magic chalk
Kamui Glove & Longoni Glove (blue)
Chalk Shark chalk holder
Q-Claw
Larry Keller's Pro Justa-Bridge
Cue Shark Pup & Last4ever tip tool

Old
  (#45)
The Renfro
Outsville.com
The Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond repute

11-02-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
I'm no materials engineer, I’m an Aerospace Engineer but I’d bet my MIT diploma, that the
Delta vectors ascribed to in the aforementioned thermoset plasticizes gradients (TPG) could be ascribed to the percentile of this new thermoplastics stated at this juncture as “Mika”, obviously a derivative of Formica® Laminate along with a composite such as “Orcollo” with wafer-thin slices of Naugahyde® (an expanded polyvinyl chloride plastic composite).
I’m afraid the Refro gentleman from Utsville may have suffered a blow on the noggin from a bag of 250 Taom tips, by jumping to the conclusion that just because a 1.0 fails “critically” (not sure how to quantify a “critical” failure mode.) and then fails to identify exactly which end of the billiard cue that it was never meant to be attached too, simply because anomalies where observed at 750 Lbs or ( or 340.194277 Kilogram’s) How was this pressure applied? Pressure is usually expressed as a force per unit area. Yet no area specs are entered into the equation. Based on the original Torricelli barometer design, one atmosphere of pressure will force the column of mercury (Hg) in a mercury barometer to a height of 760 millimeters. A pressure that causes the Hg column to rise 1 millimeter is called a torr (you may still see the term 1 mm Hg used; this has been replaced by the torr. "mm Hg" is commonly used for tip hardness identification pressure measurements). Yet a Kamui Medium is sufficiently harder than a Tiger Medium (Onyx). My supposition is the process for measurement is wide of the mark, a simple deflection versus load applied calculation should suffice, using a dial indicator and a pressure gauge which shape is the exact radius of a cue-ball. I’m looking forward to your 750 Lbs crush test video, maybe for fun you can do a watermelon or a can of Ham as well, like David Letterman used to do in the 80’s! Perhaps for the 2.0 model you can freeze a Taom Tip to 199.816667 Kelvin (That’s -100°F folks) , and then drop it into a pot of water with a temperature of 210°F, that being the Elevations range from just over 800 feet (240 m) along the riverfront to just over 1,000 feet (300 m) on various hilltops in West Knoxville, with the downtown area resting at just over 900 feet (270 m) where Mr. Utsville and his band of single layered boys are from. But my guess is he is really closer to Maryville, just by studying his syntax.
Someone please send me a Taom Tip before my head implodes!
Both of these are version 2.0

As far as your supposition, wear it out and test away... I have a 750lb press which is the smallest one we have... According to Bob Jewett that compression force should be similar to the force applied by approximately a 27 mph break... So we do a cycle test and watch the tips fracture before we get to 100 compression cycles...

As you are an engineer and not a pool player I would hazard a guess you likely couldn't break at 27mph if your life depended on it so likely the Taom or the new Zento out of Germany may last you a long time...

Call Joe Blackburn and ask him about them. He will no longer install them because they keep exploding.. That is from his experience and not my tests btw......

Name:  11186414_1128911600469363_1365513843_n.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  97.3 KB

Name:  broken taom.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  70.2 KB

Get off the layered tip bandwagon. Ki-Tech!!!

Outsville.com

Page 3 of 4 123 4

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: