Reload this Page The Road Bridge quick review
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
The Road Bridge quick review
Old
  (#1)
Rip
AzB Silver Member
Rip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

The Road Bridge quick review - 04-18-2016, 07:06 PM

Just received a new solution, The Road Bridge, for those just out of reach shots that we all face occassionally. You have a shot that will go in but you just can't reach it in order to make the ball while avoiding a foul. The picture below is a shot that comes up (especially in 1P). You simply want to cut the 15 into your hole (the upper left pocket) but you just can't seem to get the tip to the cue ball comfortably---so you're forced to look for a different shot.

If only I was 9 feet tall, I could get over those five balls and sink that pesky 15 into my hole! I'm far from 9 feet tall but I can now shoot over those five balls and sink that pesky 15 into my hole without fouling.

I purchased The Road Bridge from Chris Hightower (User name cueman here on AZB). This bridge extends down to approx 22" to carry easily and extends out as far as approx 67 3/4". It seems well made and well thought out. Sturdy yet lightweight. I've owned every adjustable bridge system on the market over the past 20 years and I like this one over all the others so far. I'll definitely get a lot of use out of this gadget since I'm a short guy and I can't control whitey worth a crap!
Attached Images

Regards,
Rip

"sounds like a bad idea...count me in!

Old
  (#2)
KissedOut
AzB Silver Member
KissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-19-2016, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip View Post
Just received a new solution, The Road Bridge, for those just out of reach shots that we all face occassionally. You have a shot that will go in but you just can't reach it in order to make the ball while avoiding a foul. The picture below is a shot that comes up (especially in 1P). You simply want to cut the 15 into your hole (the upper left pocket) but you just can't seem to get the tip to the cue ball comfortably---so you're forced to look for a different shot.

If only I was 9 feet tall, I could get over those five balls and sink that pesky 15 into my hole! I'm far from 9 feet tall but I can now shoot over those five balls and sink that pesky 15 into my hole without fouling.

I purchased The Road Bridge from Chris Hightower (User name cueman here on AZB). This bridge extends down to approx 22" to carry easily and extends out as far as approx 67 3/4". It seems well made and well thought out. Sturdy yet lightweight. I've owned every adjustable bridge system on the market over the past 20 years and I like this one over all the others so far. I'll definitely get a lot of use out of this gadget since I'm a short guy and I can't control whitey worth a crap!
Hmmm. I went to the site to see what it looks like and I couldn't find it listed.

Old
  (#3)
cueman
AzB Silver Member

cueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

04-21-2016, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissedOut View Post
Hmmm. I went to the site to see what it looks like and I couldn't find it listed.
I just introduced it at the Super Billiards Expo and sold out on what I carried with me. I now only have a few left. I have not had time to take pictures and build a web page for it on my site. I do intend to do it soon. I must give a word of thanks to the Drill Sergent who demonstrated it in his Expo teaching sessions and that no doubt helped me sell out of them.

Old
  (#4)
cueman
AzB Silver Member

cueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond repute

04-22-2016, 09:10 AM

Here is a purchase link, but I want to take some pictures showing what it can do. I should add those in a few days.
https://www.cuesmith.com/road-bridges.html

Old
  (#5)
bbb
AzB Gold Member
bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

04-22-2016, 09:22 AM

how does it compare to just a bridge??
for me the best bridge i have found so far
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTSYG8MuS9g

Old
  (#6)
jb1911
AzB Silver Member
jb1911 has a reputation beyond reputejb1911 has a reputation beyond reputejb1911 has a reputation beyond reputejb1911 has a reputation beyond reputejb1911 has a reputation beyond reputejb1911 has a reputation beyond reputejb1911 has a reputation beyond reputejb1911 has a reputation beyond reputejb1911 has a reputation beyond reputejb1911 has a reputation beyond reputejb1911 has a reputation beyond repute

04-23-2016, 05:13 AM

Pictures would be helpful. Just sayin'.

Mezz ZZ32
McDermott D4
Huebler Sneaky Pete

Old
  (#7)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P

GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

04-23-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cueman View Post
I just introduced it at the Super Billiards Expo and sold out on what I carried with me. I now only have a few left. I have not had time to take pictures and build a web page for it on my site. I do intend to do it soon. I must give a word of thanks to the Drill Sergent who demonstrated it in his Expo teaching sessions and that no doubt helped me sell out of them.
I saw it at SBE. Might give one some thought. I bought lathe pins and a lathe tip trim guide from you. Hope you had a great sales response at Expo. Your stuff is 1st class quality.

Rip..... Thanks for the review

Doc Frye

I need more Cues likes a snail needs air brakes

Last edited by GoldCrown; 11-28-2016 at 08:45 PM.

Old
  (#8)
cueman
AzB Silver Member

04-25-2016, 10:34 PM

I now have some pictures up. More and better ones coming later.
https://www.cuesmith.com/road-bridges.html

Old
  (#9)
EddieBme
AzB Silver Member
EddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond repute

04-25-2016, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
how does it compare to just a bridge??
for me the best bridge i have found so far
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTSYG8MuS9g
I agree. It's the best bridge I've seen so far also.
Did you buy one? If so how much and where?

Old
  (#10)
bbb
AzB Gold Member
bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

04-26-2016, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieBme View Post
I agree. It's the best bridge I've seen so far also.
Did you buy one? If so how much and where?
the road bridge seems to to have a regular looking bridge that will swivel and the telescope feature..seems well constructed....
i dont see the need for a telescoped length for a bridge icbw
i have never had a problem using a house cue to use the just a bridge
the justa bridge will fit around a ball and it may be taller (4.5 inches)
also you have more flexibility with regards to where on the cue ball you can hit due to its adjustable height
lastly the material in the grooves prevents any change in the feel of your shaft as happens sometimes with plastic bridges
to answer your question
yes i have one i carry in my case
and its $55 LESS than the road bridge
here is one site that sells them
https://manningcues.com/store/Justa-Bridge.html

Old
  (#11)
cueman
AzB Silver Member

04-26-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
the road bridge seems to to have a regular looking bridge that will swivel and the telescope feature..seems well constructed....
i dont see the need for a telescoped length for a bridge icbw
i have never had a problem using a house cue to use the just a bridge
the justa bridge will fit around a ball and it may be taller (4.5 inches)
also you have more flexibility with regards to where on the cue ball you can hit due to its adjustable height
lastly the material in the grooves prevents any change in the feel of your shaft as happens sometimes with plastic bridges
to answer your question
yes i have one i carry in my case
and its $55 LESS than the road bridge
here is one site that sells them
https://manningcues.com/store/Justa-Bridge.html
The Road Bridge Head is over 5 inches tall.
Shooting shots that are close up are a pain with full length bridge.
You may not see the need for a telescoping bridge but many do.
I sold out of them at the Expo so once people saw what they could do they bought them.
I am now carrying a Highway Model with me everywhere since it fits in my case pouch.
What you are offering is just a bridge head and I also offer the bridge head called the Hitch Hiker
Unlike mass produced bridge heads that are injection molded and have the little sharp edge in the center we CNC machine ours
one at a time and cut the radius in one pass so there is no sharp edge in the middle and eliminates the need for added felt,
like the older stretch system needed.

Last edited by cueman; 04-26-2016 at 11:08 AM.

Old
  (#12)
cueman
AzB Silver Member

04-26-2016, 10:18 AM

There are more pictures at
http://www.hightowercues.com/index.p...stretch_system

Old
  (#13)
bbb
AzB Gold Member

04-26-2016, 11:22 AM

Quote:
The Road Bridge Head is over 5 inches tall.
Shooting shots that are close up are a pain with full length bridge.
You may not see the need for a telescoping bridge but many do.
I sold out of them at the Expo so once people saw what they could do they bought them.
I am now carrying a Highway Model with me everywhere since it fits in my case pouch.
What you are offering is just a bridge head and I also offer the bridge head called the Hitch Hiker
Unlike mass produced bridge heads that are injection molded and have the little sharp edge in the center we CNC machine ours
one at a time and cut the radius in one pass so there is no sharp edge in the middle and eliminates the need for added felt,
like the older stretch system needed.
thanks for the response
how much over 5 inches is it?
could you give a pic or a description of what you mean by a "short shot" where a telescoped bridge is beneficial?
what is the "highway modeL"??
good to know your bridge has no need for felt.....
i am all about having the best product for the job
if yours is better i would buy it and the price would be worth it....

Old
  (#14)
cueman
AzB Silver Member

04-27-2016, 07:23 AM

Quote:
thanks for the response
how much over 5 inches is it?
could you give a pic or a description of what you mean by a "short shot" where a telescoped bridge is beneficial?
what is the "highway modeL"??
good to know your bridge has no need for felt.....
i am all about having the best product for the job
if yours is better i would buy it and the price would be worth it....
Someone brought your bridge head to my booth at the expo and showed me a couple of things up near the rail it could do that mine could not. I showed them a couple of things that mine could do that theirs could not. And no I do not intend on saying what those things were as I have no reason to to put down or review another product in a thread about The Road Bridge. The bridge head is 5 and a 1/4.

Old
  (#15)
bbb
AzB Gold Member

04-27-2016, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Someone brought your bridge head to my booth at the expo and showed me a couple of things up near the rail it could do that mine could not. I showed them a couple of things that mine could do that theirs could not. And no I do not intend on saying what those things were as I have no reason to to put down or review another product in a thread about The Road Bridge. The bridge head is 5 and a 1/4.
thanks for the repy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: