Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Reviews
Reload this Page Predator Revo ownwers what do you think
Page 2 of 4 12 34

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Kimmo H.
AzB Gold Member
Kimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-16-2016, 06:56 AM

^ I'd keep the Willard away from the Revo and hand it off to a knowledgeable repair guy with a lathe to put on the tip. I wouldn't be willing to risk a shaft worth 400$ with a tipping machine, I'd either do it slowly by hand or pay to put it on in a lathe if I were you

- 60" Lomax
- Mezz Kai / Pro R

Old
  (#17)
Bca8ball
AzB Silver Member
Bca8ball has a reputation beyond reputeBca8ball has a reputation beyond reputeBca8ball has a reputation beyond reputeBca8ball has a reputation beyond reputeBca8ball has a reputation beyond reputeBca8ball has a reputation beyond reputeBca8ball has a reputation beyond reputeBca8ball has a reputation beyond reputeBca8ball has a reputation beyond reputeBca8ball has a reputation beyond reputeBca8ball has a reputation beyond repute

11-04-2016, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Jehu View Post
I just got mine today....

It came with a Victory soft tip which is what I recently installed on my Z2. It's my new favorite and I don't see myself trying any other tips in the foreseeable future. Has anyone else changed tips on the Revo? Since there's no feral, I'm a little concerned about damaging the shaft. I use a Willard Tipping machine.
The Willard Tipping machine (WTM) is an amazing (yet expensive) piece of equipment. It is the best/safest tip replacement tool in the absence of a lathe.

Before I got my lathe, I must have replaced 200 tips using my WTM and I still take it with me on a few occasional league nights for friends that only have one shaft and need it before I can get it back to them.

If you weren't attempting to get too close and weren't nicking your ferrules before, then you won't have any issues replacing the tip on the Revo either.
Actually, since the Revo includes the a silencer pad on top of the vault plate, you have even more margin of error.

Trust yourself or trust a professional with a lathe but don't worry about the WTM, it does what you tell it to do.

Old
  (#18)
greyghost
exile
greyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond repute

11-11-2016, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Jehu View Post
I just got mine today. It was very easy to get used to. It's extremely slick. No glove would improve the glide of this thing. It feels real good to me. I'm an APA handicap 6 (8-ball) and 7 (9-ball) so you're not getting a professional review from me. I've been a die-hard Z2 user but, after a few hours, I can say that there's not much adjustment needed. The deflection is about the same. The tip is a little larger. It reminds me of the Vantage shaft somewhat but the deflection is down around the Z2 range. I can't say objectively that my stroke or shotmaking ability is improved with it but it does have a great feel and it instills confidence for me. I would describe the feel as similar to catching a 5-iron sweet every swing.

I sold 3 cues to friends that included a Vantage, a Z2 and a Lucassi. I got more for those than I paid for the new cue. It was kind of a gamble but it seems to have paid off for me. I can only play with one at a time and I don't prefer any of my others to the Revo.

It came with a Victory soft tip which is what I recently installed on my Z2. It's my new favorite and I don't see myself trying any other tips in the foreseeable future. Has anyone else changed tips on the Revo? Since there's no feral, I'm a little concerned about damaging the shaft. I use a Willard Tipping machine.

Not sure what was on Scott lees, whatever from factory, it was "high centered" from the glue under center and was teetering....saw it with the hawk eye, Scott got the glasses and agreed, pressed an old stock 15mm triangle and installed that. Loved the thing, his friend tried it and had me put one on his cog ol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
  (#19)
Greg9Ball
AzB Silver Member
Greg9Ball has a reputation beyond reputeGreg9Ball has a reputation beyond reputeGreg9Ball has a reputation beyond reputeGreg9Ball has a reputation beyond reputeGreg9Ball has a reputation beyond reputeGreg9Ball has a reputation beyond reputeGreg9Ball has a reputation beyond reputeGreg9Ball has a reputation beyond reputeGreg9Ball has a reputation beyond reputeGreg9Ball has a reputation beyond reputeGreg9Ball has a reputation beyond repute

11-18-2016, 11:40 AM

I am really happy with the Revo Shaft. I have been playing with the Predator Fat shaft and OB-XL+ shaft. I was happy with both shafts. The Revo is the lowest deflecting shaft I have tried to date. It also puts a lot of energy into the cue ball. Everything seems effortless. The biggest adjustment I needed to make was that I needed to take something off my stroke. It also reacts very well to a light grip on the cue. It took me 2-3 hours of play to make the adjustments. I was not crazy about the color at first. That took a little getting used to. I don't know if I'll ever love the color, but it doesn't bother me at all. It is now my favorite playing shaft. It seems like the game just got a little easier.

Greg Savoie
The Billiard Warehouse, Inc.
http://www.billiardwarehouse.com
greg@billiardwarehouse.com
888-809-7665

Booo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old
  (#20)
MalibuMike
AzB Silver Member
MalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to MalibuMike  
Booo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 11-18-2016, 04:23 PM

Boooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All is Grace,
"Malibu" Mike Murphy

Shooter: Schon R-14 light Blue w/Schon Stitched 30" Mezz EXPROShaft with PreciSion Tips from Dennis Searing (Medium)
Spare Cue: Schon LTD 8?? one of one, Bocote forearm, Tulip wood in points/Jacoby Hybrid Shaft 31" with PreciSion (Med.) Tip
: 80's Red R14 New Stacked Leather Wrap with early 80's rare Runde 30" Shaft Micarta Ferrule 13mm (on Top)

Old
  (#21)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P

GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

11-28-2016, 06:10 AM

A quick follow up. Had the REVO for a few months. I'm enjoying it...(stock tip). Would buy it again.

Doc Frye

I need more Cues likes a snail needs air brakes

Old
  (#22)
jameslawrence39
AzB Bronze Member
jameslawrence39 is on a distinguished road

02-21-2017, 07:05 PM

I have been interested in getting the revo for some time now. I see that they have many limited edition cues out for the revo shaft. Do all the revo cues hit feel the same? Like for instance the P3 to the SP series? Just wondering as the SP is much cheaper.

Old
  (#23)
limache
AzB Bronze Member
limache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond repute

03-04-2017, 07:52 AM

Any thoughts on the most expensive one? I like the way it looks compared to the other 2 and seriously considering buying it but wanna do my due diligence before dropping 3 grand lol.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Old
  (#24)
limache
AzB Bronze Member
limache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond repute

03-09-2017, 04:32 AM

Sublimely crafted with more than 400 inlays
Sheathed in stained Curly Maple, Snakewood, Thuya Burl, Elforyn, and polished alloy
Scalloped rings, joint collars and butt collars
Inlayed joint protectors
REVO carbon fiber composite shaft

So this is what they have in the description for the most expensive REVO - 400 inlays, scalloped rings etc.

Is that actually that impressive and worth 3000 dollars?

Old
  (#25)
Marky Mark
AzB Silver Member
Marky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond repute

03-09-2017, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limache View Post
Sublimely crafted with more than 400 inlays
Sheathed in stained Curly Maple, Snakewood, Thuya Burl, Elforyn, and polished alloy
Scalloped rings, joint collars and butt collars
Inlayed joint protectors
REVO carbon fiber composite shaft

So this is what they have in the description for the most expensive REVO - 400 inlays, scalloped rings etc.

Is that actually that impressive and worth 3000 dollars?

Even if I had the money I would not buy it because of the tacky panther logo on the handle. This may have sold out if the logo was not the centrepiece. I would rather buy the Gordias...you're also getting the same performance at the end of the day if you bought the entry level Revo SP because you're going to hit balls with the shaft and not the butt with the 400 inlays.

Good luck & Let us know what you end up buying.

Old
  (#26)
tashworth19191
Pool will make you humble
tashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond repute

03-24-2017, 12:00 AM

I love my Revo, best stick I have ever owned.

Regards, Tom Ashworth
http://texas-hill-country-homes.com
  • Playing Cue: Predator Revo
  • Break Cue: PURE X HXTP2 BREAK
  • Jump Cue: MEZZ ZZAIR JUMP CUE
  • Case: InStroke Leather 3X7

Old
  (#27)
Marky Mark
AzB Silver Member
Marky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond repute

03-24-2017, 04:49 AM

Played with it for 2 weeks now and I'm still on the fence...the pros have been talked about mostly so I will list some of the things I don't like.

Cons:
1. The shaft keeps getting some sort of dirt build up as you play longer. It gets to certain parts in my game where I'm down doing the practice strokes & then I feel the dirt on my fingers. Very distracting & annoying. I do wipe the shaft every rack & it still happens.

2. The shaft can chip. I bought a used one from a member here. He did NOT tell me that there was a chip. I felt it was too late when I found out as it had been a day that I had the shaft. Luckily I sold it on ebay. Funny thing is, it's for sale again on ebay for 2x the price I listed it for.

3. The Revo is best used with a high contrast color tip. This may limit your options especially if your favorite tip is of a darker contrast. I agree with Predator's claim that their tip color provides excellent sighting due to the high contrast of their tip. This helps in aiming especially with the Revo being all black. When I played with the used Revo it had a black Kamui and I found it a bit hard to sight the edge. I bought another Revo cue with the factory tip and I believe it is better performance-wise.

I'm sure I will get to know the Revo more as I use it. However, I might not get to do so as I just purchased a mint LE13. The cue uses a Radial joint so I may be ditching the Revo.

Player: Predator LE13 - Alexander (33 of 88)
Shaft: Vantage
Breaker: Mezz PB Pro - H shaft
Jumper: OB Lift Pro

Old
  (#28)
jeremy8000
AzB Silver Member
jeremy8000 has a reputation beyond reputejeremy8000 has a reputation beyond reputejeremy8000 has a reputation beyond reputejeremy8000 has a reputation beyond reputejeremy8000 has a reputation beyond reputejeremy8000 has a reputation beyond reputejeremy8000 has a reputation beyond reputejeremy8000 has a reputation beyond reputejeremy8000 has a reputation beyond reputejeremy8000 has a reputation beyond reputejeremy8000 has a reputation beyond repute

03-24-2017, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky Mark View Post
Funny thing is, it's for sale again on ebay for 2x the price I listed it for.
Hadn't looked for those on eBay in a while.. Really funny thing about that one up for sale on eBay (pretty sure it's the one you're talking about) that the same user has the same shaft listed not just once, but twice. More amusing yet is that he has it at two wildly different buy-it-now prices, with one listing offering the imperfect shaft at a BIN price higher than it can be purchased new, with a butt, and the lifetime warranty that this one wouldn't have...

Player: 2015 Ned Morris Custom
Jump/Break: Alex Brick; G10 Assault
Other Cues: 1968-72 Joss (Stroud 'bushka tribute); 2003 Kikel
Cases: JB Custom Hybrid Ult. Rugged 2x3; It's George 1x2; Instroke 2x3 Cowboy

Old
  (#29)
Marky Mark
AzB Silver Member

03-25-2017, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy8000 View Post
Hadn't looked for those on eBay in a while.. Really funny thing about that one up for sale on eBay (pretty sure it's the one you're talking about) that the same user has the same shaft listed not just once, but twice. More amusing yet is that he has it at two wildly different buy-it-now prices, with one listing offering the imperfect shaft at a BIN price higher than it can be purchased new, with a butt, and the lifetime warranty that this one wouldn't have...
Yes we're referring to he same listing. I did not even know you could list the same item more than once?!

Player: Predator LE13 - Alexander (33 of 88)
Shaft: Vantage
Breaker: Mezz PB Pro - H shaft
Jumper: OB Lift Pro

Old
  (#30)
Bca8ball
AzB Silver Member
Bca8ball has a reputation beyond reputeBca8ball has a reputation beyond reputeBca8ball has a reputation beyond reputeBca8ball has a reputation beyond reputeBca8ball has a reputation beyond reputeBca8ball has a reputation beyond reputeBca8ball has a reputation beyond reputeBca8ball has a reputation beyond reputeBca8ball has a reputation beyond reputeBca8ball has a reputation beyond reputeBca8ball has a reputation beyond repute

04-04-2017, 06:44 PM

A have 5 months into my Revo and I have a few differences in my experiences.
I listed them under yours:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky Mark View Post
Played with it for 2 weeks now and I'm still on the fence...the pros have been talked about mostly so I will list some of the things I don't like.

Cons:
1. The shaft keeps getting some sort of dirt build up as you play longer. It gets to certain parts in my game where I'm down doing the practice strokes & then I feel the dirt on my fingers. Very distracting & annoying. I do wipe the shaft every rack & it still happens.

--- This buildup is chalk from your hand to your shaft; might consider your chalking methods. I have felt this as well but only when I get sloppy. Same concept that gets your wood shafts dirty; nice being able to simply wipe down the Revo.

2. The shaft can chip. I bought a used one from a member here. He did NOT tell me that there was a chip. I felt it was too late when I found out as it had been a day that I had the shaft. Luckily I sold it on ebay. Funny thing is, it's for sale again on ebay for 2x the price I listed it for.

--- I can't even imagine what abuse it would take to actually dent or chip one of these shafts. It would without any doubt need to be abused...without a doubt!
The chipped one I see on eBay would be worthless to me; no different than buying a vehicle that you know was abused.

3. The Revo is best used with a high contrast color tip. This may limit your options especially if your favorite tip is of a darker contrast. I agree with Predator's claim that their tip color provides excellent sighting due to the high contrast of their tip. This helps in aiming especially with the Revo being all black. When I played with the used Revo it had a black Kamui and I found it a bit hard to sight the edge. I bought another Revo cue with the factory tip and I believe it is better performance-wise.

--- I've never been a fan of the Predator Victory tips but it isn't about the color. IMO it is the same marketing attempt as Kamui's uses with their "Clear" backings on their tips; they stand out, but its for everyone else not just you.
I have tried 6 different tips (hardness, brands, even colors) looking for the perfect (personal) match. I settled in on the Black Soft (Ultraskin); the shaft stiffness (for me) works better with a soft tip. I typically average at least 15 a week and simply don't buy into a contrast need for sighting.

I'm sure I will get to know the Revo more as I use it. However, I might not get to do so as I just purchased a mint LE13. The cue uses a Radial joint so I may be ditching the Revo.

--- Revo is now available in the Radial joint; tough sell for another one though.
--- The hardest thing I have had to get used with the Revo is it's smoothness / slickness. Never use to prefer a freshly cleaned supper slick shaft's lack of feel and the Revo always feels like that.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bca8ball; 04-04-2017 at 06:51 PM.

Page 2 of 4 12 34

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: