Soutwest Cue 16 33.33%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Sugartree vs Josey vs Gilbert vs Pierce vs Southwest
Old
  (#1)
CueMaster77
AzB Silver Member
CueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Sugartree vs Josey vs Gilbert vs Pierce vs Southwest - 03-17-2017, 04:07 PM

If you have a chance to choose only one in this 5 cues listed to be your playing cue to keep, what will be your choice and WHY. wish you tried at least 3 or 4 cues in the list.

Old
  (#2)
JoeyC71176
AzB Silver Member
JoeyC71176 is on a distinguished road

03-29-2017, 07:36 PM

My player is a Keith Josey (bought it used as it is a cue he made in 2001),sent it to Keith to have it made like new and I couldn't ask for anything more out of a cue. I'm in love with it. My jump/break is a Gilbert, I'd like to try one of his players, but this combination is amazing for me.

Player: Keith Josey 2001 cocobolo
J/B: Andy Gilbert purple heart

Old
  (#3)
CueMaster77
AzB Silver Member
CueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond repute

03-31-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyC71176 View Post
My player is a Keith Josey (bought it used as it is a cue he made in 2001),sent it to Keith to have it made like new and I couldn't ask for anything more out of a cue. I'm in love with it. My jump/break is a Gilbert, I'd like to try one of his players, but this combination is amazing for me.
nice.. i have a josey fancy SP cocobolo cue and will definitely keep it.

Old
  (#4)
CueMaster77
AzB Silver Member

05-13-2017, 02:07 PM

wow josey is on the move

Old
  (#5)
CueMaster77
AzB Silver Member

07-21-2017, 12:52 PM

wish more votes

Old
  (#6)
Johnnybgood
AzB Silver Member
Johnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond repute

10-19-2017, 04:35 AM

I have 4 Gilberts at the moment. 2 jump break cues and 2 players. Had a Josey in my hands and returned it. Wasnít much of a cue for me. We donít see many on the west coast here so he must sell a lot in the south. My plain Gilbert jump break I just replaced with an older fancier Gilbert and it breaks far better than my other. As far as the players...hands down the Gilbert players are some of the best cues I have played with. I have aSouthwest on the way and I will soon find out if that cue is hype or reality.

For reference I own 3 TADís, 3-Gilberts, 1 Tascarella. And soon the Southwest.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Old
  (#7)
nj82tj
The dude abides.
nj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond repute

10-19-2017, 05:12 AM

SugarTree. It's what I play with now and it plays sooo nice and the fit/finish is superior. I had a Pierce...it was nice, but no SugarTree. SouthWest cues look really nice but too much $$ for me. I would like to try Josey too. Gilbert cues look really nice. I love a big pin, wood/wood joint. SugarTree for life

58" SugarTree
8í Brunswick home table

Old
  (#8)
Franky4Eyes
AzB Silver Member
Franky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond repute

10-19-2017, 10:09 AM

To be honest, a Pierce is by far
the best bang for the buck.
All depends on the woods used and your preferences.
They're solid stiff hitting cues typically, and his
work is clean and consistent.

Josey's are beautiful cues and play really well,
but the few I've hit with were a lil soft for me.

Sugartree's look amazing.
Eric's choice of woods are 2nd to none
on most of his cues.
The 2 I played with were complete polar opposites.
One was like rebar. The other, felt like the softest hit ever.
Both had kamui clear medium tips.

Gilbert is on my wish list, and will probably be
the next cue I aim at. I have yet to shoot with one,
but he receives nothing but praise from everybody.

Southwest's to me, are the epitome of a runaway hype
train. After owning 2, and hitting with over a dozen
different ones- I just don't understand why people are
so crazy about them.
I've yet to find one that could convince me to part
ways with $5k again. Must be some cult following thing.
I'd buy a Hercek over a Southwest any day!
I never hear anyone say,
"It has that classic Hercek wobble." Lol.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: